Will I regret booking a cabin right by the elevators?

july128

I booked a cabin on the first deck right by a set of elevators and now I am concerned it will be very noisy. Originally I booked it because I thought it would be convienient, but now I'm beginning to regret it. My travel agent says she can try to move it. Thoughts?

I booked a cabin on the first deck right by a set of elevators and now I am concerned it will be very noisy. Originally I booked it because I thought it would be convienient, but now I'm beginning to regret it. My travel agent says she can try to move it. Thoughts?

Not if you bring ear plugs... Or get really drunk each night and pass out.

our last few cruises have been right off the eelvator- conquest class we will book 7411 or 7409

you do not get noise from the elevator. and if you do get rude psssengers who are noisy coming off the elevator they will carrynthe noise down the hall and it really will not matter where your cabin is

imlike being here for convenience.

what elevator are you located at

YES....carry ear plugs as has been previously posted. 2 years ago, we did 2 cruises and my lovely wife booked the same room on both....the infamous U299. I heard the elevator all the time. We learned to not do that stateroom ever again.

We've never been in U299, and we haven't been on every ship, but we've been right next to the elevator many times and haven't heard any more noise than we hear further down the hall.

Brenda, I believe that U299 is on Fantasy class ships. We stayed in U299 on both the Inspiration and the Fantasy.

I'd recommend if you're able to change rooms without a cost to change rooms to do it. When we sailed on the Freedom for the first time back in 2012, we had a room just outside the the elevators and it was very loud at times with people coming and going and the dings from the elevators.

Our room was one of the best though, didn't effect our cruise in a negative way, but if given the choice in the future I wouldn't book that same room in that same spot.

Stateroom #: 6307 (Interior, 4E)

Most of the time I find the noise bearable, but there are moments when people tend gather at the elevators and Cary on a party, I have especially noticed this at the atrium elevators and at 1am it can get on your nerves with a quickness!

You didn't mention what ship you are sailing on. Different ships have different layouts, so while some rooms next to elevators may have noise, others may not.

Sorry, I thought I had included that. We will be on the Breeze.

We've been near the elevators a couple of times, and as noted above, most of the noise you'll experience isn't the elevators,,,,it's the people standing around waiting for the elevators. On one cruise, I think I recall hearing the "ding - ding" a few times, but once again, most of the noise is from passengers. If possible, and to ease your mind, if you can swap for no additional cost, I'd probably do it, but if there's a charge I wouldn't worry about it.

"SKY"

Hello. Just sailed on the miracle. We had a cabin right across from the elevators. Very convienient, Not noisy at all. Our friend had a cabin, Aft, not near any elevators, they had lots of noise from kids running through the hallways. Guess it really depends on the people on the ship Have a great time!

Our original cabin on Liberty (1355) was right outside the elevator lobby, according to the deck plans, and I was a little worried about noise...but my sister is mobility impaired so we thought it would be worth any hopefully minor sound issues.

Turns out I was worried for no reason; there is a doorway and a corridor 'turn' between the elevator lobby and our room door, and we didn't hear any noise from there.

Sadly, the cabin had other problems, notably no air-conditioning, so CCL eventually moved us. Ironically, the balcony cabin to which we were moved was right above the stage in the Victoria Lounge. (!)

Archived