Do you ever get bad anxiety just before your cruise?

Ladysilver

I'm SO excited about our cruise in just 8 days!! We've waited SO long and now it's almost here. At the same time, I have a lot of anxiety thinking about everything. Hoping we all stay well, worrying about my little dogs being boarding for a week, forgeting something important, etc., etc....:(

the week before im packing and worrying about if i got everying! then the night before comes im in the hotel im not worried anymore im excited and cant sleep wake up at five in the morning and watch the ship come in!!!! in the end all the worrying is worth it!:D

We leave in 8 days too. Freaking out a little, well maybe a lot. We're leaving our 12 and 9 yr olds in the care of grandparents during our time away. This will be the first time we've ever been away from our kids for that long and without being able to contact them. Making sure everything planned for us is okay, but making sure all the kiddos details are figured out and trying to plan for their what-ifs. :eek:

I'm a nervous wreck to begin with. My problem has been the plane ride, I have to take valium for the plane ride. The thought of being up in the air in a tin can is not a good feeling and the pills make me relax enough not to care. My doctor precribes a bottle of five pills every time I fly. I take one the night before, one just before the plane ride and one if I need one on the plane itself. It really works. I don't worry about leaving my cat, we have a cat hotel in our area and we get to pick out her room and she has the room all to herself. She doesn't mind it at all. In the middle of the area they have caged rodents and on the top of them they have caged birds so the cats have something to keep them busy. My cat is long haired and I bring my grooming stuff with me and they sit down in the rocking chair that is in her room and do her hair. We provide the food and water and any toys she wants from home. I get a day by day report of how she did when I pick her up. She takes a few days to get unspoiled when she gets home.

Sharon I

I have anxiety the morning I fly out if it's the day of the cruise. I live over 2 hours from the closest airport and even though I drive down and stay at the hotel beside the airport, until I check my bags and at the gate and see the plane that it's ontime, I come and go with anxiety. You would think that as many cruises I've been on, I wouldn't do this.

Dave

I have the same issues with flying. I've always worried about taking anything because I travel myself with my kids. So I'd be worried I wouldn't have my faculties about me. I definitely worry before travelling. I usually don't sleep much the night before. Once I'm up and in the air I usually ok.. unless there is turbulence. Take off and landing are the worst.

D

I'm starting to get in panic mode this week- we leave for New Orleans in 6 days and have so much work to get done. I get stressed the week before that I'm going to get sick. We are using Airborne and trying to get to bed earlier than usual.

Ill be relaxed when we get on the interstate to head down there.

I'm starting to get in panic mode this week- we leave for New Orleans in 6 days and have so much work to get done. I get stressed the week before that I'm going to get sick. We are using Airborne and trying to get to bed earlier than usual.

Ill be relaxed when we get on the interstate to head down there.

Have fun on NAV-I love that ship!

I hate flying too! I should look into the valium thing... That stresses me out and that we always cruise in Jan and live in Ohio!

I am the one who stresses about every little detail while my husband sits backs and doesn't really care about anything until we are walking onto the ship- then he gets excited. I wish I could be like that!

We leave in 8 days too. Freaking out a little, well maybe a lot. We're leaving our 12 and 9 yr olds in the care of grandparents during our time away. This will be the first time we've ever been away from our kids for that long and without being able to contact them. Making sure everything planned for us is okay, but making sure all the kiddos details are figured out and trying to plan for their what-ifs. :eek:

We leave our kids with grandparents too and it's nerve racking. Last year my youngest was 1.5 and he had pneumonia from August until February. We cruised in March. I left such detailed instructions on what to do/who to call if he had this temp and this cough or that temp and no cough etc. Wouldn't you know, my older one was the one who started coughing, Grandma brought him to the ped and he had pneumonia. Go figure but they were healthy by the time we got home. I felt so bad but Grandma had it under control and it worked out fine. We started leaving our oldest with grandparents and cruising when he was 1.5 and try to do it every year. It's so worth it for my sanity and our sanity as a couple!

I hate flying.....so if I have to fly I have anxiety before and after the cruise...

I have the same flying stress before and after the cruise except I'm the pilot. I'm always concerned a snowstorm in Buffalo or a TS in Lauderdale is going to mess us up. FYI Fort Lauderdale Executive weather for TOMORROWS flight: KFXE 301731Z 3018/0118 08015G25KT P6SM SCT035 BKN070

FM010100 08012KT P6SM SCT040 SCT070

Transulation: Sunny skies great day to fly.

One less thing to stress about.

Flying in the day before instead of the day of got rid of any anxiety I had. I did 4 cruises succesfully flying into Miami and Port Everglades the day of, but after having an anxiety free trip in 2010 to Majesty, I've flown in the day before for the last 3 cruises.

Archived