change to aft cabin?

We are booked in a junior suite on the explorer of the seas and I just found an aft junior suite on the same cruise that is open- I was checking to see if fares had dropped since we booked or to price an upgrade to grand suite.

Should I try and switch to the aft cabin- what are the differences?

Thanks

We are booked in a junior suite on the explorer of the seas and I just found an aft junior suite on the same cruise that is open- I was checking to see if fares had dropped since we booked or to price an upgrade to grand suite.

Thanks

Aft cabins on Explorer have a much larger balcony, with the same size stateroom as the side facing staterooms. The view is slightly obstructed by ship superstructure. The balcony is also set back from the end of the ship, so you are unable to look straight down to the water.

Thanks

Afts generally have more room.

Thanks

I was in an aft cabin on Enchantment of the Seas. The balconies are larger but I noticed significantly higher level of vibration from the propellers, especially during maneuvering and out of port. There was even times at night I would get woken up from the vibration. I've decided that I won't book a cabin in the aft 1/3 of an older ship.

We just did this for our second week of our B2B, we had a side JS booked for the same room for the two weeks, but for the second week an aft JS opened up and we jumped at the chance for the aft JS as we love the huge balcony on the aft. You get two loungers, two chairs and a table and still have room to have 10 guests out there!:D

As long as you don't mind the walk back there, the peace and quiet and the view of the wake is well worth it!!:D

Keith

Thanks

Which cabin?

We have enjoyed aft staterooms on a few ships. There are pros and cons. Larger balcony, possibly more furniture. Fabulous view of the wake...

We have had problems with not having any air movement. As a result, it was way too hot to sit out on the balcony in the daytime unless you stood at the railing. We also have had problems with some kind of soot... which was quickly cleaned up by our steward.

Overall, I would say try it. It is a walk but not that bad...eat an extra dessert and work it off!

I'm guessing it's 6394 or 6694.

I wouldn't choose this because of the space between the balcony and the stern of the ship. And a lot of superstructure.

These pics give you an idea http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_6-JS/gallery.html

If it were on a higher deck I'd say go for it, but not deck 6, however that's just me. :)

Archived