Money in port

tfiga

On another discussion board it states that no establishment can accept more than $100 US. I am planning on going to Mr. Sanchos and paying cash for admission (family of 4) and for jet ski rentals. Will Mr. Sanchos accept cash or do I need to a credit card?

Never had a problem spending any amount of USD in Coz :confused: -- I think the restriction may apply to $100 bills because of their use in the drug trade.

Mr S will happily take your cash; I have not used a CC there. I know that Paradise Beach and a few others apply a 20% surcharge onto credit cards. :(

Good luck! :)

Keith is correct in saying that you will need small bills. Before a cruise, I go to my local bank and get lots of $1,$5,$10 and some $20 bills. The lower bills help you tip the taxi drivers and make sure that you don't get too much foreign currency back in change.

I would definitely make sure you have a lot of smaller bills and try to pay as close to the amount as possible. I have been ripped off before and I didn't do my homework to find out the exchange prior.

I purchased a soda (which was like $1.50) and gave them a ten dollar bill. I recieved a Mexican Peso that said $5 on it, a few American dollar bills and some change. I didn't find out until I got home that the $5 was worth a few cents basically. So, I was definitely ripped off and I always make sure I have plenty of small bills on me now. :p

On another discussion board it states that no establishment can accept more than $100 US. I am planning on going to Mr. Sanchos and paying cash for admission (family of 4) and for jet ski rentals. Will Mr. Sanchos accept cash or do I need to a credit card?

We frequently use USD on the island; the problem with using big bills at many places is them not having enough change.

Archived