Our B2B Adventure on the Breeze Inaugural!

rtw68

file-24.jpg

Bye Valor, see you in 500+ days!

file-25.jpg

Well, we waited and waited and waited. The Breeze wasn’t dropping their ropes and didn’t look like they were moving anytime soon.

After we gave up waiting, we took some more pics of the sunset and started the walk back toward Ocean Drive.

file-36.jpg

file-32.jpg

file-33.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-34.jpg

After making our way back to Ocean drive, we stopped to have dinner at CJ’s Crab Shack. Our DS’s name is CJ, so we bought a couple shirts for both him and his fiancé.

We made our way back to the hotel and went to bed early since we had to fly out the next day.

This is where things got interesting. There was an exit door just up the hallway from our room, and ALL night a couple times an hour or so the door was OPENED and SLAMMED closed. As well as loud voices talking. Our room was in the 2nd building at the Savoy, so I believe it was employees making all the noise as that part of the hotel wasn’t very crowded. :mad:

Needless to say we didn’t get very much sleep that night. I should have called the front desk at the time, but I didn’t.

The next morning, we made sure to mention to the front desk our experience and the manager wasn’t in at the time. She verified my number and said she would have the manager call but he hasn’t as of yet.

I had previously seen nothing but good reviews about the Savoy, but I would be very hesitant at staying there again. Beautiful hotel, great location on the beach, but lousy in terms of noise.

We grabbed a taxi to the airport, checked our bags, had fun in the security line (not) and had an uneventful flight home.

The only issue there was a gentleman behind us that coughed, hacked, and sneezed the whole flight back. Well, I’m doing a very good imitation of him still……. :rolleyes:

Once we arrived in Columbus, we were shuttled back to our car and made the two hour drive home.

Coming up, some final thoughts…..

Some final thoughts:

The lights in the cabins on the Breeze will only turn on if you insert your S&S card into a slot by the cabin door. I used a bank calendar (a thin plastic card about the size of a credit card) when we were in the cabin. Was easier to remember to remove that before we left then forget to leave without my S&S Card. I believe that anything that size would work as it is an optical sensor and the card blocks the light and allows the lights to turn on. Once you remove the card there is a couple minute delay until the lights go out.

I firmly believe any vacation is what you make of it. Many things happen that you didn’t expect or wouldn’t want, but its what you do to overcome it that makes the difference. There were too many positive things that happened during the trip to have any of the negative things affect our fun.

We met a lot of nice people in the roll call and in the social-networking-site-that-won’t-be-mentioned. It was great to develop some new friendships and to step out of our comfort zone.

The Breeze ship & staff were great! They all made the trip very enjoyable, relaxing, and we wouldn’t hesitate to book the Breeze again in the future.

We are relatively new cruisers (having only taken four so far). The Breeze design and décor is perfect for Caribbean cruises. I hope that they will continue to utilize a similar design in the ship retrofits and new ships as well.

Thanks for reading this review! If you have any questions I can try to answer (for things I have missed or forgotten) please let me know!

Your pictures and your review are amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to post!

I appreciate that. I have enjoyed so many reviews on CC and wanted to return the favor. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LOVED your review and photos of the Breeze. Wanted to know what she looked like and your photographs were amazing. I like the "new" open air look of the ship with lots of natural light and light colored wood and fabrics.

We hope to cruise on the Breeze within the next couple of years and appreciate your providing us with a wonderful review and photographs.

Glad you had a great time; your positive attitude is commendable!

• 3 months later...

GURL!!!!!!! Thats was the 1st thing my EYES seen... although I did do one for $20 in Orlando, and it was the best!!!! Im not sure of over there.. and I wonder does the Painkillers taste close to Cheddars Resturant.. Thats the only place I have ever had it, and u can ONLY order 2 there!

I don't think I'd trust a $35 helicopter ride. The Red Frog Caribbean Beach Party looks like fun! I've gotta try one of those "painkillers"! :D

THANK YOUUUU SO much.. For taking time out of UR day to share with us, UR Review & Pix.. U rock

Some final thoughts:

The lights in the cabins on the Breeze will only turn on if you insert your S&S card into a slot by the cabin door. I used a bank calendar (a thin plastic card about the size of a credit card) when we were in the cabin. Was easier to remember to remove that before we left then forget to leave without my S&S Card. I believe that anything that size would work as it is an optical sensor and the card blocks the light and allows the lights to turn on. Once you remove the card there is a couple minute delay until the lights go out.

I firmly believe any vacation is what you make of it. Many things happen that you didn’t expect or wouldn’t want, but its what you do to overcome it that makes the difference. There were too many positive things that happened during the trip to have any of the negative things affect our fun.

We met a lot of nice people in the roll call and in the social-networking-site-that-won’t-be-mentioned. It was great to develop some new friendships and to step out of our comfort zone.

The Breeze ship & staff were great! They all made the trip very enjoyable, relaxing, and we wouldn’t hesitate to book the Breeze again in the future.

We are relatively new cruisers (having only taken four so far). The Breeze design and décor is perfect for Caribbean cruises. I hope that they will continue to utilize a similar design in the ship retrofits and new ships as well.

Thanks for reading this review! If you have any questions I can try to answer (for things I have missed or forgotten) please let me know!

file-21.jpg

The Eurodam was also in port with us.

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-32.jpg

After we got back on board, we ate lunch & then dinner and relaxed for the evening.

Here was our latest towel animal:

file-22.jpg

Late in the evening, a page came over every speaker on the ship (including the cabins).

There was a medical emergency that forced us to turn back (we were starting down the western edge of the Dominican Republic) so that we could meet with a Coast Guard helicopter. The captain had us at full speed (over 22 knots) and we stayed on that course until around midnight.

We were on deck 2 and could only hear the helicopter. From what we were told later, a 50 year old man had a stroke and it was critical to get him medical attention as soon as possible.

The ship and helicopter slowed to the same speed and they lowered the basket for the patient, and also took a ship’s nurse and a family member with them.

It was unfortunate and I hope that the patient will be on his way to recovery. Because of the change of course, the next morning we were informed that we would be missing the La Ramona stop for the day, and we would then have a sea day as a replacement.

The captain was able to arrange a longer day in port for Curacao (we were going to be there from 2:00PM to 11:00PM, but we would arrived at 9:00AM and leave at 11:00PM).

This is where I’m sure some people were angry and making a big deal out of it, but when it comes to someone’s life, missing a port is so minimal. We had arrangements to go to the Dreams resort (not through Carnival) and we were going to pay cash at the resort, so we weren’t out any money, thankfully.

A cruise is what you make out of it, so we just enjoyed the extra sea day.

I hope that passenger is OK but it was lucky for you all that you skipped LaRomana. There is nothing there unless you take an excursion. I would have loved the extra time in Curacao. We were there last August.

I seriously wish that Carnival would change this intinerary. I would like to have a day in Curacao rather than an evening. I want to go back but will have to look for another cruise line.

I am enjoying your review and look forward to the rest of it.

EMBARKATION

Well after over 300 days the embark day FINALLY arrived!! We were up early and anxious to get going! One of the ladies in our group was kind enough to arrange a shuttle for us at 10:30am and it only cost $8.00 per person (thanks Dale)!

One other thing I forgot to mention is that we were known as the Breezer Bees and had t-shirts made and some other flare was worn by us. It was a lively and fun group and hopefully we can cruise together again in the future!

We all gathered in the lobby early and sat around and talked until they came to pick us up!

DW & I in our Beez wear...

file-68.jpg

We arrived at the port around 11:00AM, handed the luggage and some $1's to the porter, and made our way into the terminal.

Once we did the amusement park styled queuing, we made our way to do the check-in desk and then had to do the security thing. We brought a 24 pack of water and they just about shook all of them. Sorry no booze in those!

We were handed a Zone 12 card and were given our S&S cards. One step closer!!

Here is the view from the terminal of the Breeze

file-63.jpg

Here is a link to the first video I made of the embarkation:

Hey I know you 2... Nice Shirts eh!

Somehow I missed your review (written way back in December). Anyway, I enjoyed it very much and also have to say you have a great attitude when things don't go right (the diving trip and the B2B issue. Too many people get stressed out over things that really don't matter!

I would have loved the extra time in Curacao. We were there last August.

I seriously wish that Carnival would change this intinerary. I would like to have a day in Curacao rather than an evening. I want to go back but will have to look for another cruise line.

Your best bet is on the Jewel of the Seas if you're looking for a 7 day cruise that visits Curacao. Other choices are some longer itineraries on Holland America or some older ships on Norwegian. The other Carnival ship that visits there, the Freedom, does the same 2-10 time frame.

• 1 month later...

Archived