Our B2B Adventure on the Breeze Inaugural!

rtw68

file-17.jpg

Later in the afternoon, we attended the “Breezer Bee’s First Social At Sea.” In addition to drinks we had a “Chinese Auction” and a 50/50 raffle with the proceeds going to St. Jude’s Childrens Hospital. Butch came to the event to draw the winning ticket and accept the donation from the group. A good time was had by all!

file-18.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-21.jpg

file-22.jpg

file-23.jpg

file-30.jpg

Earlier in the day on Saturday, I had given my three dress shirts to our Wilfred to have pressed. Sunday was an elegant night and captains celebration. Unfortunately, my shirts didn’t come back until Monday, so we weren’t able to attend elegant night.

Instead we ate at Bonsai Sushi. The sushi was pretty good and the up charge was reasonable.

Here is the menu from Bonsai

BonsaiSushiMenu.jpg

Tonight, we went to see “The Brits” in the Ovation Theater. I really think that they have stepped up their game with the new Playlist productions. They are using huge LED movable screens for their backgrounds and an LED curtain that really added to the show. I have never been a fan of the previous shows but we really enjoyed all four. If you sail on the Breeze give the shows a chance, you might enjoy them!

After the show, we went back and relaxed on the balcony and in the cabin. Because of the timing of returning to our cabin, we didn’t get a towel animal that evening.

I really LOVE your pictures. Thanks so much for posting your review and pictures. I am getting so excited to go on the Breeze but still have a long wait, I will be going in June. Keep those pictures coming. Thanks

Thanks! I love reading reviews and only hope I can come close to some of the great ones I have read.

let me just sAY every b2b with CCL has been a fubar, they just cant get it right ---no more !

That's a shame they can't figure out a way to do that. You would think if they can prepare 20,000 meals a day, they could help people get through their B2B transition! :eek:

That's a shame they can't figure out a way to do that. You would think if they can prepare 20,000 meals a day, they could help people get through their B2B transition! :eek:

My only b2b was on the Destiny and that went pretty smooth - on and off - about 20 mins then we had the whole ship to ourselves.

I know that there were many cruisers doing the b2b on the Breeze - last med and staying on for the transatlantic - 900 of them! I wonder how that 'turnaround' went?

11/26/2012 – GRAN TURK

This was our first visit to Gran Turk. We didn’t have any specific planned, but wanted to visit the beach and ended up at Margaritaville.

As soon as we pulled into port, you could hear loud music and announcements from the “Local Village.”

file-2.jpg

Welcome!

file-4.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-1.jpg

file.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-21.jpg

The Eurodam was also in port with us.

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-32.jpg

After we got back on board, we ate lunch & then dinner and relaxed for the evening.

Here was our latest towel animal:

file-22.jpg

Late in the evening, a page came over every speaker on the ship (including the cabins).

There was a medical emergency that forced us to turn back (we were starting down the western edge of the Dominican Republic) so that we could meet with a Coast Guard helicopter. The captain had us at full speed (over 22 knots) and we stayed on that course until around midnight.

We were on deck 2 and could only hear the helicopter. From what we were told later, a 50 year old man had a stroke and it was critical to get him medical attention as soon as possible.

The ship and helicopter slowed to the same speed and they lowered the basket for the patient, and also took a ship’s nurse and a family member with them.

It was unfortunate and I hope that the patient will be on his way to recovery. Because of the change of course, the next morning we were informed that we would be missing the La Ramona stop for the day, and we would then have a sea day as a replacement.

The captain was able to arrange a longer day in port for Curacao (we were going to be there from 2:00PM to 11:00PM, but we would arrived at 9:00AM and leave at 11:00PM).

This is where I’m sure some people were angry and making a big deal out of it, but when it comes to someone’s life, missing a port is so minimal. We had arrangements to go to the Dreams resort (not through Carnival) and we were going to pay cash at the resort, so we weren’t out any money, thankfully.

A cruise is what you make out of it, so we just enjoyed the extra sea day.

Loving all the Breeze reviews that are coming out now that the ship is finally home in Miami!! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! :)

No problem! This is helping my Breeze withdrawal. Thankfully we only have 142 days to wait until our next trip! :)

Hi from a fellow Buckeye. (I have to admit I didn't know where Rittman was. My husband grew up between Mansfield and Willard) :)

Thanks for the great review and awesome pictures!

Thanks! Rittman is about an hour north of Mansfield. Small world! :D

11/27/2012 – FUN DAY AT SEA

Another day at sea meant another relaxing day! Of course another Guy’s burger was eaten.

We also had dinner in the buffet that evening and caught the “Divas” show. After the show we went to the Lido deck for the Red Frog’s Caribbean Beach Party.

I can’t say enough how much I enjoyed the décor of the ship, very relaxing and “non-busy” like some other ship pics I have seen. I do think Carnival is on the right track!

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

One of my favorite “spots:”

file-3.jpg

Another favorite spot:

file-4.jpg

Thirsty Frog, great beer!

file-6.jpg

The Story of Red:

file-7.jpg

Archived