‘Recycled Percussion’ Bring High-Energy Act To Holland America Line

DFWGUYZ

Hi we were one of those 60+ on the Nieuw Amsterdam who stayed they supplied ear plugs and drum sticks pan to bang on A Great Show WAY ABOVE THE NORM FOR Holland Cruise Lines KEEP IT UP Because I'm above 60 doesn't mean I'm dead.

I am so bummed they are not going to be on the Westerdam when I am. I was really hoping to see this act. I love loud, I love soft, I love in between. It just depends on what is being played. I went to see Celtic Woman perform with the Pittsburgh Symphony last night and it was soft, it was loud and it was fantastic. I went to see STOMP and I really (really) enjoyed it. Just because something is loud, does not automatically make it bad. Some wont like it, many will. They are very successful in Las Vegas for a reason.

Sounds interesting to me and wish they were on our cruise.

HAL is definitely targeting a younger demographic. Goodbye Adagio Strings hello Recycled Percussion.

They do need to start targeting us "younger" folks! (we're late 50s/early 60s) We've generally found the entertainment on HAL to be too old for our taste. We'd love to hear more music from even the 1980s! We rarely hear music much past the late 60s.

Most of the comics/etc we've seen have been old-style, a la Don Rickles ... enough with all of the old people jokes already!

Bring it on, HAL! I've still got my earplugs that I used when my son's band practiced in our house! :D

I'm sitting on the back veranda of the Westerdam right now and can't wait for Recycled Percussion this week. We are next to a Carnival ship and the music from them is driving me nuts. I like the music, but that loud so that I can hear if from here reminds me again why I'll never go on Carnival. We were across the pier from them in Grand Cayman and it was brutally loud.

Just off the NA this morning. We really enjoyed Recycled Percussion. My husband saw them loading the set aboard last week and knew it was going to be something unusual. It certainly was!

It was audiene enthusiasm and participation that made it so much fun. Watching folks bang on beat up old pots was great. I had a martini shaker.

Props to HAL for trying something so out of the ordinary. Our favorite show of the cruise by far.

We thoroughly enjoyed Recycled Percussion when we were on the Westerdam a couple of weeks ago. They were the best entertainment we've ever seen on ANY cruise line. Kudos to HAL for trying something different!! This active senior thought it was BRILLANT!!

I HATE the Hal Cats and think HAL should drop them altogether :mad: When I see them setting up getting ready to sing............I leave. Any entertainment is welcomed amd way better that that screeching sound that comes from the Hal Cats. Just saying :rolleyes:

Archived