FREE CRUISE!!! Ha! Ha!

mistshar

They are calling and saying what they have to to keep their job. Something hard to come by in this economy for some.

And the cruise itself is free (sans upgrades and airfare etc). Taxes and port fees are not. Same if you won a free car on a game show you still pay taxes and registration on it.

Actually when they call me they always say they are "Caribbean Cruises" an obvious ploy to suck people into thinking they're calling from RCI. Legitimate or no, its open season on them when they pull that one.

Gee...have some empathy. One day that could be you trying to make a living.

Grow up...next time say "no thanks" and hang up. ;)

If they called and said they represented a time share or a company trying to give me a cruise on the Celebration instead of lying to me and claiming they're from Royal Caribbean then I would say no thanks as I do to all the rest who call. When they lie, they're trying to pull the wool over my eyes. When they do that, they get it from both barrels.

I have great empathy for people trying to make a good living. For the thieves out there? Screw em.

If they called and said they represented a time share or a company trying to give me a cruise on the Celebration instead of lying to me and claiming they're from Royal Caribbean then I would say no thanks as I do to all the rest who call. When they lie, they're trying to pull the wool over my eyes. When they do that, they get it from both barrels.

I have great empathy for people trying to make a good living. For the thieves out there? Screw em.

took the words right out of my mouth

Check out the Celebration Cruise Line message boards. It sounds like it's not a bad 2 night cruise if you book directly through the cruise line and avoid the time share hassle. Undoubtedly, this is who is calling you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=580

If this is true, I wonder why they don't use their real name instead of using Carnival's. Apparently they think if they use Carnival they will be more likely to hook you. However, you will find out eventually that it is not Carnival.

I worked at a company that did the free cruises in a different department. The cruises were free if you sat through a time share presentation.

It's not a scam because you will get what is promised to you once you meet the requirements. Taxes, port fees, time share presentation.

A pick pocket doesn't have a job. A pick pocket is breaking the law instead of having a job.

My time is valuable. So if it requires me to spend time listening to time share pitches, it isn't free.

Gee...have some empathy. One day that could be you trying to make a living.

Grow up...next time say "no thanks" and hang up. ;)

Bull$&/!. Do you know how many jobs are actually available? They may not pay alot and require one to work hard, but isn't that how this country was founded?

Everyone wants to take the easy route and make a buck scamming others out of money rather than making an honest living.

Sorry not buying your attempt to draw sympathy.

My son used to work at a call center (the kind that does surveys) and I couldn't believe "the conditions" that the people worked under.

If they didn't get a certain number of completed surveys they were told to go home for the day. If they got to work, and the office didn't have "enough work for them" they were told to go home. Forget things like holidays, benefits....

The average length of employment was under a month.

My son was just doing it "as something to kill time" before he started his real job. But, most of the people he met there took the job thinking it was permanent.

After his experience there I would never be rude to one of these "call center" people. If anything, I give a few minutes of my time to help out. And if I can't...such as "winning a free non-existent cruise"....I just say "no thanks" and hang up. Unlike other people, I don't have 30-45 minutes to waste at someone elses expense.

After all, they are trying to make a living. I think this is better than sitting on a computer, and spending countless hours in forums, communicating with other people who also have nothing better to do. :)

My son used to work at a call center (the kind that does surveys) and I couldn't believe "the conditions" that the people worked under.

If they didn't get a certain number of completed surveys they were told to go home for the day. If they got to work, and the office didn't have "enough work for them" they were told to go home. Forget things like holidays, benefits....

The average length of employment was under a month.

My son was just doing it "as something to kill time" before he started his real job. But, most of the people he met there took the job thinking it was permanent.

After his experience there I would never be rude to one of these "call center" people. If anything, I give a few minutes of my time to help out. And if I can't...such as "winning a free non-existent cruise"....I just say "no thanks" and hang up. Unlike other people, I don't have 30-45 minutes to waste at someone elses expense.

After all, they are trying to make a living. I think this is better than sitting on a computer, and spending countless hours in forums, communicating with other people who also have nothing better to do. :)

Maybe you didn't mean it like it sounded but the computer is a great thing for some people. It gives them something to do.

Some people, like me, are senior citizens and disabled. If it weren't for the computer they would get depressed and have other health problems. If you don't enjoy being on the computer, you should run other people down for it. It is very helpful and entertaining to me. Just be thankful that you are able to work and get out and do lots of things. One day, you may be in the same situation. I hope not for your sake.

Having said that, I agree with you on the telemarketing. I worked as a telemarketer before the Do Not Call List. It was a legitimate company. So I do not lead people on either. I just tell them I am not interested and hang up. However in this case I knew it was scam so I wanted to hear part of what they had to say. I found out what I wanted to know and then I hung up.

Maybe you didn't mean it like it sounded but the computer is a great thing for some people. It gives them something to do.

Some people, like me, are senior citizens and disabled. If it weren't for the computer they would get depressed and have other health problems. If you don't enjoy being on the computer, you should run other people down for it. It is very helpful and entertaining to me. Just be thankful that you are able to work and get out and do lots of things. One day, you may be in the same situation. I hope not for your sake.

Having said that, I agree with you on the telemarketing. I worked as a telemarketer before the Do Not Call List. It was a legitimate company. So I do not lead people on either. I just tell them I am not interested and hang up. However in this case I knew it was scam so I wanted to hear part of what they had to say. I found out what I wanted to know and then I hung up.

Sorry...didn't mean to offend.

I know the computer is a great thing for some people....for most people....especially for those unable to "get around".

But...I meant that it's cruel to waste someone's time who is trying to make a living. And the people who work at "those jobs" are doing something productive during those hours instead of spending their time looking at a computer screen and chatting with countless FB "friends" etc.

It was nothing against what you did....I agree with what you did. It was the way others on this thread treated telemarketers. They forget that the person on the other end of the phone is an employee....not the owner. And just like any employee...they only care about their paycheck, not the profits of the owner.

Sorry...didn't mean to offend.

I know the computer is a great thing for some people....for most people....especially for those unable to "get around".

But...I meant that it's cruel to waste someone's time who is trying to make a living. And the people who work at "those jobs" are doing something productive during those hours instead of spending their time looking at a computer screen and chatting with countless FB "friends" etc.

It was nothing against what you did....I agree with what you did. It was the way others on this thread treated telemarketers. They forget that the person on the other end of the phone is an employee....not the owner. And just like any employee...they only care about their paycheck, not the profits of the owner.

I appreciate your clarification. Thank you!

I got an automated phone call at work :eek: offering a "2-day cruise to the Bahamas from Florida" for taking a survey, although unlike the OP, nothing was said at that point about it being Carnival.

I reasoned that it pretty much had to be Bahamas Celebration since that is the only ship/line offering 2-day cruises out of Florida (or anywhere, pretty much). I'd seen a recent post here on CC about the ship...yeah, the cabins are tiny but the ship itself is actually surprisingly decent and it was reviewed fairly kindly...but since it was my work phone I couldn't spend the time doing the survey to find out for sure.

Heck, a 2-day cruise to Nassau? Depending on the timing I could do it while missing only one day at work. ;)

Archived