FREE CRUISE!!! Ha! Ha!

mistshar

I received a phone call yesterday. Someone asked me to do a survey and if I did it I would receive a free cruise. I went ahead and answered the questions and then she said that someone would be calling to make the arrangements for my free cruise. I got the phone call today. When I answered the phone they told me that they were with Carnival. I listened to her a few minutes and then I said "How much is this going to cost me?" She said "$118" and" at that point I just and nevermind and hung up. I knew it was a scam. I just wanted to see what they would say.

I then felt that I should let Carnival know what they were doing. I emailed Mr. Cahill and he or his rep. emailed me back and said that they would be following up on it. I sure hope they do because it is just not right for people to do this.

Please take note and do not fall for their scam.

I received a phone call yesterday. Someone asked me to do a survey and if I did it I would receive a free cruise. I went ahead and answered the questions and then she said that someone would be calling to make the arrangements for my free cruise. I got the phone call today. When I answered the phone they told me that they were with Carnival. I listened to her a few minutes and then I said "How much is this going to cost me?" She said "$118" and" at that point I just and nevermind and hung up. I knew it was a scam. I just wanted to see what they would say.

Nobody's going to fall for it here. I have received similar calls-surveys, vacation clubs, etc. All unsolicited. I go along with the pitch to see how much I can learn about the terms of the offer. Inevitablely, each time I say "no thanks" the cost of the offer drops dramatically.

I've never met anyone who makes a living making those calls. I wonder what they like about the job.

I just received a call from Carnival. They wanted additional information. He said he would be turning it over to their investigative department. He was very nice and said that he appreciated me letting them know. I hope they can find out who they are and at least shut some of them down.

I do know someone who was taken in by them. People who cruise all the time are most likely aware of this type of thing but people who don't may be a little more gullible.

We get this regularly. I mess with them and waste their time asking if we could get a suite and ask nonsenical questions to see how long they will take me seriously..

I do exactly what you do - I have kept them on over half an hour - asking for more and more and more - up grading, over grading, balcony, suites etc - then they ask for my credit card and I act real dumb and say and say I thought it was free and want my confirmation number. I finally give them my credit card number and of course it is wrong and is wrong for about 5 times before they finally hang up. They don't call me anymore - gee, I wonder why

Are you sure it was Carnival and not Celebration out of Fort Lauderdale? Bahamas Celebration does 2 night cruises and has some tie in with a time share.

http://www.bahamascelebration.com/

No, they clearly said Carnival and then asked me if I was familiar with Carnival Cruise Lines. I have heard of Celebration but that is not what she said.

There are a lot of fly by night places that operate out of Florida giving all kinds of false information. They even work to fool their employees. Many are people who are just desperate for a job and they tell them they will go through two weeks of on-the-job training and then get a raise. Usually they are run through the ringer for two weeks and then let go for a new crop of desperate people who need jobs. The employees tend to be victims as much as the people they call. I had two friends in Central Florida get suckered into these jobs after being unemployed for a year.

No, they clearly said Carnival and then asked me if I was familiar with Carnival Cruise Lines. I have heard of Celebration but that is not what she said.

Yeah, the companies lie to their employees about who they are working for too. Trust me, it wasn't Carnival. Just scammers.

There are a lot of fly by night places that operate out of Florida giving all kinds of false information. They even work to fool their employees. Many are people who are just desperate for a job and they tell them they will go through two weeks of on-the-job training and then get a raise. Usually they are run through the ringer for two weeks and then let go for a new crop of desperate people who need jobs. The employees tend to be victims as much as the people they call. I had two friends in Central Florida get suckered into these jobs after being unemployed for a year.

That is another aspect that is bad about the situation. It is sad when people really need a job and this is the only kind they can find.

I do exactly what you do - I have kept them on over half an hour - asking for more and more and more - up grading, over grading, balcony, suites etc - then they ask for my credit card and I act real dumb and say and say I thought it was free and want my confirmation number. I finally give them my credit card number and of course it is wrong and is wrong for about 5 times before they finally hang up. They don't call me anymore - gee, I wonder why

Hmmm giving out made up credit card numbers. Gotta think about that one.

I had gotten the same call. While remember if its to good to be true it usually is in mind, and was packing for the Conquest which will be taking me to beautiful waters on Sunday I just played their game then it was my turn. You know if you continue to ask for available upgrades and go on and on they will continue to check and find out. Finally I hung up while I was on hold cause I got bored. I know its wrong to do that BUT this wasn't gonna be FREEE like they promised it started at $118 and goes up and then air fair to get to where ever from Texas and goes on and on.

I got a call recently, offering a "free 7 night cruise on Carnival in an oceanview cabin." I'm certain it was going to involve a timeshare presentation, but I actually strongly considered going through with it. The call got disconnected before I was able to complete the reservation for the presentation. I actually tried to reach the travel company (a little over an hour away from me) but never heard back from them. I figured it was worth a couple hours of my time, plus I've always been curious about the sales tactics (I'm not easily swayed, but my wife would probably fall for the deal and purchase a timeshare if she went through such a presentation. lol)

I then felt that I should let Carnival know what they were doing. I emailed Mr. Cahill and he or his rep. emailed me back and said that they would be following up on it. I sure hope they do because it is just not right for people to do this.

Ahhhh one of my favourite pastimes - the free cruise phone call. What I do is take the call and let them do their spiel. All the time I'm sounding excited on the phone. When the push comes I always tell them I want two rooms at opposite ends of the ship. One room for DW and I and another room for my girlfriend and I. I make up fake names (Rusty Shackleford being my personal favourite) and then give them my credit card number, obviously not my real number, a made up one. Then they go away to validate my card and come back telling me it didn't go through. I act confused and then ask them to read my number back to me. When they do I tell them they have a couple numbers mixed up. They go away again and come back again with the same issue. This time I tell them they have my expiry date wrong. Away they go and inevitably they come back again. "No-no, you've got my security pin # on the back wrong" - away they go again.

At this time I've typically been on the phone for at least 30-45 mins and its then that I let them off the hook. Typically I laugh at them and ask how they enjoyed me wasting their time. I can't post here what their response typically is but let your imagination run wild.

Ahhhh one of my favourite pastimes - the free cruise phone call. What I do is take the call and let them do their spiel. All the time I'm sounding excited on the phone. When the push comes I always tell them I want two rooms at opposite ends of the ship. One room for DW and I and another room for my girlfriend and I. I make up fake names (Rusty Shackleford being my personal favourite) and then give them my credit card number, obviously not my real number, a made up one. Then they go away to validate my card and come back telling me it didn't go through. I act confused and then ask them to read my number back to me. When they do I tell them they have a couple numbers mixed up. They go away again and come back again with the same issue. This time I tell them they have my expiry date wrong. Away they go and inevitably they come back again. "No-no, you've got my security pin # on the back wrong" - away they go again.

At this time I've typically been on the phone for at least 30-45 mins and its then that I let them off the hook. Typically I laugh at them and ask how they enjoyed me wasting their time. I can't post here what their response typically is but let your imagination run wild.

Wow your even worse than me.

icon7.gif

They're just doing their job, no reason to be mean to them. While it's fun for you it could mean that they're missing an actual sale hurting their numbers. Poor numbers can get them fired.

Archived