REFLECTION T/A--Port Fees Credited?

Rick-n-MeMe

I have read a few comments about the Reflection missing Tenerife on the Transatlantic cruise but I don't have a definitive answer about the port fees. We did receive OBC of $150 for missing Tenerife. We felt this was extremely generous. We did not even think about port fees while onboard the ship. Once home and reading CC, we read comments from a few people that they did receive $25 port fee credit per person.

This prompted us to call Captain's Club. The nice lady on the phone called Customer Service and spoke to two different people and said that the $150 was meant to cover the port fees. We thought that answered the question but now we read another comment on CC that one person went to guest relations while onboard and told them that the letter we had received mentioned nothing of port fees and that they were credited the $25 per person.

Does anyone know the final answer to this question because we wonder if we should pursue it?

Thanks so much for your responses!

You probably should persue. I think they have to refund you the port fees, after all, they are fees collected by the cruise company, but not revenue to the cruise company.

While the $150 may have been meant to cover a refund of the port fees, they need to be consistent (legally).

When you call celebrity, I have found that their agents seem to "guess" at answers rather than finding out the real answer. If you call three times, you may get three different answers. Not sure how to handle this in your situation...perhaps a "snail mail" letter to Mr Bayley would be the best approach for an official answer (of course he won't answer it, but his office will get it to the right person).

On the other hand, it's only $25.....

On the other hand, it's only $25.....

Yep! Seems like a lot of people are putting a hung amount of energy on trying to get a $25 refund, or in complaining about not getting it. Considering that a person would have had to spend upwards of $2,000 + to be on that cruise, counting airfare, gratuities, drinks, etc., obsessing about $25 seems a bit over the top. To put that in perspective, that $25 is only about 1% of the total trip cost!! Is it worth that much of someone's time for a 1% refund? The OP has probably already spent a half hour on the phone. How much more time will they have to spend? Doesn't seem to be much of a return on the time investment. Be grateful for the $150 they already gave you and move on.

I can't understand why some people have to put in their judgement about a poster's request for clarification about a topic that does not concern them.:rolleyes:

I just looked up my final statement which has an entry for:

OBR-ONB Credit Missed port: $150.00 (per cabin)

OBR-Cruise Tax / Fee Credit $7.20 (each passenger)

My concern, If Tenerife was worth $150, why did we not get $500 for missing Rhodes.. ;) on the previous voyage.

We were in Aqua Class and received a credit of $22.36 each for the port taxes in addition to the $150 credit.

I finally see a number I recognize. We also received $22.36 per person and it is labeled "OBR Cruise Tax / Fee Credit". Just took this off our final itemized bill.

Talking about consistency when missing a port... Suite passengers have apparently received US 250 for the missing port Teneriffe.

This is correct, at least for us. We were in a sky suite and received a $250 credit labeled "OBR-ONB Credit Missed Port onboard credit." Wonder if the major suites received much more? Not sure how it was determined versus the $150 widely reported. But we are thankful for it.

Archived