cheers beverage program

stefyo

What is the break-even point? If I were to order 5 drinks a day, am I better off to just pay for them? 6? 7?

Do you find service more attentive if you just pay for the drinks? Or do you think it makes any difference?

I am sailing solo for 8 nights on the Breeze 2/1. I don't plan to get off in any ports (may change my mind). This is just a relax, read, watch the ocean, mental health escape. Since I only have to pay for one person, I'm considering the "Cheers" option. All the feedback helps a lot - thanks!

The break even point would be determined by the cost of the drinks that you normally get. If you drink beer or inexpensive wine or a basic rum & coke, then you would need to drink more per day then if you drank fancier more expensive martini's with Grey Goose that are 9.95 each. You do have the option to purchase the program on day 1 or on day 2, but since you are traveling solo and you are staying on board the ship for all 8 days, it seems to me that your choice has already been made. The Cheers package will be your substitution for port excursions. The Breeze was my favorite Carnival cruise out of the 17 that I have sailed on Carnival. The piano bar and comedy club during the evening and the Red Frog Pub (not Rum Bar) were our favorite places to imbibe. Remember, you can try up to 15 different drinks per day, so if you try something you don't like, don;t worry about it and have the bartender make another concoction for you.

The Cheers package will be your substitution for port excursions. .

Oooohh...I like your logic! "But honey, I'm not buying shore excursions...."

I usually get a bucket of Corona on the Serenity deck, a glass of wine at dinner and a drink or two in a lounge at night. So it looks like about the break-even point, but I probably wouldn't drink any more than that. Would be fun to try some new drinks so I will give it some thought.

I am wondering about the service. Will I get better service if I just use my S&S card? I usually find the servers quite attentive, generally pick a favorite or two and extend extra gratuity to them.

I usually get a bucket of Corona on the Serenity deck, a glass of wine at dinner and a drink or two in a lounge at night. So it looks like about the break-even point, but I probably wouldn't drink any more than that. Would be fun to try some new drinks so I will give it some thought.

I am wondering about the service. Will I get better service if I just use my S&S card? I usually find the servers quite attentive, generally pick a favorite or two and extend extra gratuity to them.

I have not found any difference in service if I use the cheer program, however, you are correct, if you slip a few bucks to the people that are serving you the majority of the time, it appears to help some..

OK ? 1 Can you just Buy 1 day Cheers Card?

? 2 How much is Cheers card?

? 3 Is it really that hard to get a bottle of volka on ship when wrapped up in your suitcase?

and Last ? The drink of the day... Can that be on your cheers card?

leave on Feb 3 , so just curious....Thxs for your help

~ Robin

On the Miracle in October, servers were great with cheers. They knew what you wanted and would always come by on Serenity to make sure you were good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OK ? 1 Can you just Buy 1 day Cheers Card?

? 2 How much is Cheers card?

? 3 Is it really that hard to get a bottle of volka on ship when wrapped up in your suitcase?

and Last ? The drink of the day... Can that be on your cheers card?

leave on Feb 3 , so just curious....Thxs for your help

~ Robin

1. No, you have to buy it on day 1 or 2 of your cruise for the duration of the cruise.

2. 49.95 + 15% tip

3. Yes, you will probably be caught and the bottle will be confiscated and returned at the end of your cruise. If you go and put the liquor in a shampoo, mouthwash or contact lenses bottle, it'll be thrown away.

4. Yes, but without the souvenir cup.

Hi Everyone, I just want to make sure I read this right. Frozen alcohol drinks are included? Because a read somewhere that only nonalcoholic frozen drinks where included.

We are going on the Dream soon and if they are not included it isn't worth it. If they are. Then Bottoms up!:)

One other thing to note, that I don't think others have mentioned is that if two adults 21 or or ear are in the same stateroom, you must purchase 2 cheers programs. That way you're not tempted to share. However, you "could" get around this if you travel with children and split your booking. (On the manifest put 1 adult and one child in each room.) so, with two adults, it really gets very pricey. (Over $100 per day...) for some, maybe it's a savings, to me, I think it's a situation that encourages you to drink more than you otherwise would have to make you feel like you got your money's worth.

Is there any way to get around that each adult has to purchase the beverage package? My husband would be interested in purchasing the soft drink package and I am all about the alcohol. LOL Do you know if they will allow us to purchase one of each package without any issues?

As far as I know, if you aren't able to split your booking with someone under 21, if you have two adults in a stateroom, you have to purchase the cheers for both. (Although in the past, we've traveled with a couple who purchased one bottomless bubbles card, not two... That's been years ago, that policy could have changed as well...) I've gone over the specific details of the cheers program with a purchaser much more recently. We considered buying one in December because we were sailing with our kids, but even purchasing one would not be an option for us, on a four day trip our bar/coffee/soda tab was less than $100...

Is there any way to get around that each adult has to purchase the beverage package? My husband would be interested in purchasing the soft drink package and I am all about the alcohol. LOL Do you know if they will allow us to purchase one of each package without any issues?
On Carnival.....No. On Celebrity, their policy has always been that if one adult wishes to purchase their version of Cheers, then it's OK. Royal Caribbean just recently modified their version to allow only 1 adult to purchase. At this point, Carnival is still way behind the curve, as always.

I just got off the elation and I must say that the cheers program worked well for me. The cost was around 250USD for 5 days. In the end I probably had over 300 dollars in drinks for 250. Someone in my group figured out that if you buy one of their 8.50 drinks, plus the automatic tip and your tip it would total around 10.00. Also, if you have just 6 out of the 15 drinks a day, you break even. So I think I saved money. There is the 5 minute wait between drinks, cannot share the card and as of Friday night they have no plans to change the 2 adults in a room both must get the cheers program deal.

BTW, Kiss On the Lips is a very good tasty drink so is the Sunrise. Mmm...

Joyride

We will be on the magic Jan 26 out of Galveston and we have a $80 bar credit:

1) can we use this to help pay for the Cheers program?

2) when ever we use the credit (do not know if it is on our Sea Pass or coupons) ?

3) does the credit include tip?

What you have is part of the Carnival Cruise Cash program that was introduced last year to replace the old drink coupon program. The credit does include taxes and tip. I don't know if you can use this to offset part of the cost involved with Cheers, but I would assume that you can. I would call customer service and get an answer and have it verified by a supervisor.

Just an FYI on the Liberty around the main pool I was able to buy a bucket of beer. The bar person told me they will just ring it in every 5 minutes. I am guessing they kept an eye on me to see if I shared but I did not notice if they did.

If the current rate is 49.95 + 7.49 (15% gratuity) = $57.44 per person per day

57.44 X 2 (people per cabin) = 114.89 per cabin per day

114.89 X 7 (days) = 804.20 Total for 7 day sailing.

804.20 / 210 drinks (15 drinks max. per person per day) = $3.83 per drink

804.20 / 140 drinks (10 drinks per person per day) = $5.75 per drink

804.20 / 98 drinks (7 drinks per person per day) = $8.21 per drink

804.20 / 70 drinks (5 drinks per person per day) = $11.49 per drink

So if you are drinking less than 7 drinks per person, per day I don't think it is worth it. If you have more than 7 drinks per person, per day then it is probably worth it. Remember that there is a max of 15 drinks per day for each cruiser and both people in a cabin have to buy the package.

I have plenty of friends that would love this package and the price as they had exceeded this $$$ amount on past cruises. For me and my wife, we will just pay per drink as we do not pass the 7 drinks per day. Some days we do but not everyday. Remember there are port days where you are off the ship for several hours.

This is just my opinion and simple math from the facts that are available.