My Very Detailed ... And Long Carnival Dream Review (Dec. 8-15, 2012)

dshefter

Interesting what you said about the surge protector. We've always taken one with us and never had a problem, until our cruise on the Dream a few weeks ago. Our room steward saw it on the first day and said he wouldn't say anything, but to hide it during the day. So that's what we did - hid it in a drawer during the day and only used it at night. Did Carnival recently change their rule on this? I remember John Heald explicitly stating on his FB page several months ago that surge protectors/extension cords were allowed as long as they were in good condition.

Thanks for your review. We really enjoyed our cruise on the Dream too!

Thanks for your review, I feel the same way about flip flops and shorts/tees in the dining room. I think it stuoid to drga formal wear, its the same room we eat in every nt, but I take proper attire to fit in. Ksera sera. I wish carnival would enforce their rules too. I see alot of jeans and regular shirts men/women in the dining room and its fine, jmho. and please, no tank tops, good grief its nasty to see armpits. eewww:eek:

I was tinking about the same tour in Belize, with Coral breeze, but read some reviews about a rust bucket boat that didnt seem safe??

I am sailing the Dream in 2 weeks, will email for your smuggling tips.

Cindy

Thanks for your review! I will be on the Dream in March and was wondering if anyone in your party used the thermal suite in the spa? I really liked the one on the Splendor and am hoping the Dream is as nice. Thanks.

Did not use the thermal suite. Saw people using it. Just not willing to spend the money to use a glorified whirlpool...

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks for your review, I feel the same way about flip flops and shorts/tees in the dining room. I think it stuoid to drga formal wear, its the same room we eat in every nt, but I take proper attire to fit in. Ksera sera. I wish carnival would enforce their rules too. I see alot of jeans and regular shirts men/women in the dining room and its fine, jmho. and please, no tank tops, good grief its nasty to see armpits. eewww:eek:

I was tinking about the same tour in Belize, with Coral breeze, but read some reviews about a rust bucket boat that didnt seem safe??

I am sailing the Dream in 2 weeks, will email for your smuggling tips.

Cindy

The boat was just fine for snorkeling. No issues. Great crew...

Nice jeans I think are fine for the dining room...Not cutoffs or ones with holes...

See your point about formal wear. A lot to pack. But a tie and shirt can't be too difficult and a nice dress for women...Think it's cool to see people dressed up for dinner.

Interesting what you said about the surge protector. We've always taken one with us and never had a problem, until our cruise on the Dream a few weeks ago. Our room steward saw it on the first day and said he wouldn't say anything, but to hide it during the day. So that's what we did - hid it in a drawer during the day and only used it at night. Did Carnival recently change their rule on this? I remember John Heald explicitly stating on his FB page several months ago that surge protectors/extension cords were allowed as long as they were in good condition.

Thanks for your review. We really enjoyed our cruise on the Dream too!

Not sure about Carnival's rules regarding surge protectors. They just took it and said it was a hazard like irons and other electrical appliances. I would hide it and just use when room steward isn't around to clean. Maybe use it overnight for charging things. Can't believe they are a fire hazard.

Enjoy the Dream.

I read somewhere that the main dining room on the Dream is open for lunch the day we board the ship. Is this true? Really appreciated your thorough review...we set sail January 26!

Can't answer that question since we didn't go there. Went to the Pasta Bar, which was very good and far less crowded than the regular buffet. It is on Deck 11 (above the gathering).

i know the MDR was open for breakfast on debarkation day.

On our cruise in march one of the dining rooms was opened for lunch on embarkation day. I can't remember which one it was though! They announced that it would be opened due to high passenger load. We originally planned to go to the pasta place for lunch but went to the dining room instead. If there were more than four tables occupied the whole time we were in there I'd be surprised.

We had an aft cabin but bought a spa pass for the week. While I cant compare it to another ship with a thermal suite, we both totally enjoyed our time in the spa and have booked spa rooms for our next cruise on the Dream.

We were on that cruise and had alot of fun. We go with the attitude to have fun and we do. No vacation is perfect, but if I don't have to make my bed or clean the bathroom I am fine. Of course not having to cook or wash dishes is a definite plus.

• 2 weeks later...
The biggest place I noticed the level of sophistication was the dining room, where some folks came in flip flops and beach attire. You just wouldn't see that on a Princess or RCL ship.

Unfortunately, I have seen this on all cruises. It is not unique to Carnival. Guess I will see about Celebrity shortly.

Unfortunately, I have seen this on all cruises. It is not unique to Carnival. Guess I will see about Celebrity shortly.

Never saw people in flip flops and t-shirts on Coral Princess. NCL yes, but not the Coral Princess. Also have never seen that kind of dress in the MDR on any RCCL cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='dshefter'][URL]http://www.**********************cozumel/cozumel-deals.asp?gclid=CPP4o9qJh7UCFYqZ4AodLzgA0Q[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks but looks like CC blocked it. Could you try it again and just put spaces in between? Thanks!!

• 5 weeks later...
I'll be on the Dream in September and have already booked the Steakhouse, but I'm disappointed that you can't get the Lobster alone. In the past you have been able to and that is exactly why I had booked it, albeit the food is really great, I just wanted a Lobster dinner on my cruise. Did they have it another night for a regular meal?

They serve lobster tail on the first formal night (Captain's dinner). You can get lobster in steakhouse, but it comes with surf n turf. You can ask about just getting the lobster tail as an entree. If you want to add one to an entree, it will cost you an additional $20. Enjoy your cruise and the Steakhouse.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived