Delta Airlines check in ~ Barcelona

steveru621

I'm trying to get a feel for the Delta Airlines check in at the Barcelona Cruise Port. I've been able to find out it's in Royal's terminal B. But where? Is it a time saver? Long lines?

I'm going to book a 10:20AM Delta flight from Barcelona airport and check in at the cruise port seems like the time saver I need.

I know, I know it's early, but it should fit.:confused:

I'm trying to get a feel for the Delta Airlines check in at the Barcelona Cruise Port. I've been able to find out it's in Royal's terminal B. But where? Is it a time saver? Long lines?

I'm going to book a 10:20AM Delta flight from Barcelona airport and check in at the cruise port seems like the time saver I need.

Booked our flight for 10:25AM. No one on CC has used this check-in?

I don't see how checking in at the cruise port would be helpful in your case.

You need to physically be at the airport as early as possible. Hanging around the cruise terminal to check in would seem to be a precious waste of time.

Get to the airport as soon as possible and check in there.

I agree with above, our record out of Barcelona is an 8:20am flight, worked like a charm with the ship arriving very early, quick customs, plenty of taxis and one of the best run airports I have ever seen (flown home from Barcelona 3x)

I don't see how checking in at the cruise port would be helpful in your case.

You need to physically be at the airport as early as possible. Hanging around the cruise terminal to check in would seem to be a precious waste of time.

Get to the airport as soon as possible and check in there.

I'm not sure I understand your post?

Delta Airlines checks you in at the cruise port and takes your luggage. All we need to do is take a taxi to the airport and go through security.

I'm not sure I understand your post?

Delta Airlines checks you in at the cruise port and takes your luggage. All we need to do is take a taxi to the airport and go through security.

I think what yogimax is trying to say is that the airlines themselves do not check your bags at the cruise terminal normally. It may be different in Europe. Many cruise lines offer this as a service where they take your luggage through their luggage valet service. The valet service will take your bag and check it and take it to the airport for you.

I think what yogimax is trying to say is that the airlines themselves do not check your bags at the cruise terminal normally. It may be different in Europe. Many cruise lines offer this as a service where they take your luggage through their luggage valet service. The valet service will take your bag and check it and take it to the airport for you.

Delta offers dockside check in at the Barcelona cruise port for its nonstop flights to ATL & JFK. Information from press release below doesn't mention a dedicated bus but perhaps there is one?

BARCELONA, 6 June 2012 – Delta Air Lines (DAL: NYSE) has reopened its dockside check-in service at the Port of Barcelona for passengers returning from cruise trips and traveling back to the United States. The airline has recently invested $100,000 to upgrade the facility and enhance the customer experience. Delta’s dockside check-in was developed in partnership with the Port of Barcelona and Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea (AENA) and was first opened in 2008.

Delta is the only U.S. airline to offer this service, which is available to cruise passengers disembarking at the port’s A, B, C and D Cruise Terminals from Royal Caribbean International, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Celebrity Lines and Holland America Line ships. Passengers traveling on one of Delta’s daily nonstop services from Barcelona to Atlanta and New York JFK can check in for their flights, obtain boarding passes and drop their baggage at dedicated Delta dockside check-in stations.

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/air-travel/new-delta-service-expedite-check-port-barcelona

Delta offers dockside check in at the Barcelona cruise port for its nonstop flights to ATL & JFK. Information from press release below doesn't mention a dedicated bus but perhaps there is one?

BARCELONA, 6 June 2012 – Delta Air Lines (DAL: NYSE) has reopened its dockside check-in service at the Port of Barcelona for passengers returning from cruise trips and traveling back to the United States. The airline has recently invested $100,000 to upgrade the facility and enhance the customer experience. Delta’s dockside check-in was developed in partnership with the Port of Barcelona and Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea (AENA) and was first opened in 2008.

Delta is the only U.S. airline to offer this service, which is available to cruise passengers disembarking at the port’s A, B, C and D Cruise Terminals from Royal Caribbean International, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Celebrity Lines and Holland America Line ships. Passengers traveling on one of Delta’s daily nonstop services from Barcelona to Atlanta and New York JFK can check in for their flights, obtain boarding passes and drop their baggage at dedicated Delta dockside check-in stations.

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/air-travel/new-delta-service-expedite-check-port-barcelona

That is interesting. That is a good thing to know about the port in Barcelona. I am a Delta FF and would use this service without a doubt. This would be better than the cruiselines luggage valet service. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

As far as a bus service that Delta uses I can't help you there. I also do not know the distance from the port to the airport but if it was me and that distance is not too far I would take a taxi or public transport.

Checking in at the airport was fine except...

I had read on other post that some people has a hard time with their carry on luggage. Carryons that had been used over many different flights without problem, didn't always fit their "box" that you had to put your suitcase in prior to getting to the gate.

Sure enough one of our friends bag wouldn't fit. We took things out and put it in other bags and it still didn't work. The rolling wheel just wouldn't let it get in there right.

We lucked out and the agent had to deal with a very upset family over something and after a few minutes, she just waved us on.

I wouldn't over stuff my carry on bag is my suggestion in Barcelona

I didn't know Delta was offering this service at the port. Very nice...IF Delta has several kiosks for this. I wouldn't want to get off the ship and then see that I had to stand in a long line to get the boarding card, etc.

I have flown out of BCN many times and the quickest thing is to walk off with your luggage between 7 and 7:30 a.m. Take the taxi (20-25 minutes) to the airport and then check in. Going through security in BCN can be time-consuming. Also, if you are late getting to the airport, the check-in lines can be long at the Delta counter. I always make the 10:30 flight with no problem. I have also made 9:30 flights out of there with no problem.

The only time I did have a problem was when I got the RCI transfer and it was a total disaster and completely stressed me out. RCI transported the people on a bus but the luggage was on a truck about the size of a large moving van. It took forever to get the luggage and then people were pushing and shoving -- it was a really bad scene. Never again.

I didn't know Delta was offering this service at the port. Very nice...IF Delta has several kiosks for this. I wouldn't want to get off the ship and then see that I had to stand in a long line to get the boarding card, etc.

I have flown out of BCN many times and the quickest thing is to walk off with your luggage between 7 and 7:30 a.m. Take the taxi (20-25 minutes) to the airport and then check in. Going through security in BCN can be time-consuming. Also, if you are late getting to the airport, the check-in lines can be long at the Delta counter. I always make the 10:30 flight with no problem. I have also made 9:30 flights out of there with no problem.

The only time I did have a problem was when I got the RCI transfer and it was a total disaster and completely stressed me out. RCI transported the people on a bus but the luggage was on a truck about the size of a large moving van. It took forever to get the luggage and then people were pushing and shoving -- it was a really bad scene. Never again.

Thanks for the update. Our last trip to Barcelona we did an excursion off the ship and flew out late afternoon. Good to know there are others that managed the 10:30AM flight.

We have stopped using RCI transfers. I've been finding a taxi is cheaper and faster. Chaos on an RCI transfer seems to be a standard that we have also experienced more than once.:eek:

I have a late morning flight out of BCN to JFK on January 14th. If I don't see any updates before this will post my experience when I get home.

If lines are not too long it would be great to unload the luggage before catching a cab to the airport. You would have to be careful if taking luggage to airport as Delta may have most of their personnel at the cruise port and not at the airport to check in.

Thanks for the warning about carry on luggage size. This past November at the FLL airport the TSA had us check to make sure our carry on would fit into the "box". Just like Merg55 mine wouldn't fit but my husband would and once he saw that (plus he got busy with other flyers) he was ok with that.

Archived