Magical Flying Beach Chair

Iceberg2

What I meant by the hill is, if you are going on an island tour or whatever you do have to walk up a ways at Mahogany. Here is a link with more info on the chair lift. Remember Mahogany beach is man made for Carnival. Others will advise you to get out and see the real Roatan,

http://carnival-news.com/2009/10/26/ski-style-chair-lift-debuts-at-mahogany-beach-cruise-center-in-roatan/

What I meant by the hill is, if you are going on an island tour or whatever you do have to walk up a ways at Mahogany. Here is a link with more info on the chair lift. Remember Mahogany beach is man made for Carnival. Others will advise you to get out and see the real Roatan,

http://carnival-news.com/2009/10/26/ski-style-chair-lift-debuts-at-mahogany-beach-cruise-center-in-roatan/

I am sorry I am still confused... the chair lift doesn't take people up the hill to the independent tours...it take people from the cruise port to the beach.. yes? So the hill to the independent tours everyone talks about is not part of the picture with the chair lift.... right?

The chair lift takes you from the little shopping area of the port to the beach. Just takes a few minutes and doesn't stop anywhere in between, just to the beach and back to the shoppingt area. We paid for our tickets on the ship but picked them up from the kiosk right where you get on the chair lift. I don't know for sure if you can just walk up and buy tickets or not.

The chair lift takes you from the little shopping area of the port to the beach. Just takes a few minutes and doesn't stop anywhere in between, just to the beach and back to the shoppingt area. We paid for our tickets on the ship but picked them up from the kiosk right where you get on the chair lift. I don't know for sure if you can just walk up and buy tickets or not.

Thank you, this clears up my confusion.

Happy Holidays

You might get more info re tickets if you go to Carnival's board. But I know it was mentioned on the Roatan board several times that you can get tix onboard.

I'm not sure why,. unless you have mobility issues, anyone would want to spend money on this. :confused: If you walk from point A to point B (beach area) it will be faster than the ski chairs. And there isn't much of anything to see. Just a Carnival money maker. For sure if expecting something really cool you might want to check out the Youtube video of the ride. After that, you won't need to spend the $.:D It's an all day pass so you can go back and forth to the ship if you'd like for lunch or whatever. There are no stops or different routes.

No, it does not go to the "top of the hill" for private excursions. That's a different direction.

Sorry that I even posted on this thread. I just know the chair lift is no big deal. It is not an excursion, just a money maker for CCL like someone else said...I will politely butt out for now..Sorry if I upset someone..

Actually, it's an enjoyable thing to do. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Actually, it's an enjoyable thing to do. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Wee have some walking issues...nothing to serious but a full week of walking excursions would be difficult. Hoping the chair lift saves us a few steps at this port....

Wee have some walking issues...nothing to serious but a full week of walking excursions would be difficult. Hoping the chair lift saves us a few steps at this port....

It will and it's a nice thing to do anyway. Does take a while. It stops for folks to board and for some that takes longer than others. Actually, a good thing. We'd do it again for sure. :)

LuLu

~~~~

The chair will be perfect for you to get to the beach area if you have mobility problems. Saves a 5 min walk.

Archived