Sideways cabin on Norwegian Dawn

cruiserssandr

Are these the large sideways cabins near the aft stairs? Did you hear very much running in the hallways due to the offset? Thanks!

We were midship, deck 8 close to Moderno. It was actually pretty quiet, except the last night when they used the crew stairwell across from our cabin for luggage offloading.

BTW, we had the nicest cabin steward. He left handwritten notes in addition to towel animals.

:cool:

I'm now booked in a sideways obstructed oceanview on the Pearl. It's also an ADA-accessible cabin, so I'm expecting it to be huge! :cool: I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Stayed in these cabins since my mom is confined to a wheelchair. They are NOT huge. Smallest HC cabin we have ever been in. You will have a huge bathroom. I must admit these cabins on deck 8 are very noisy by crew working in the hallways.

If you are able bodied and the cruise doesn't go out until December you should not even be booked in this cabin in my opinion. There are so few Handicapped cabins and they need to go to those who need them.

Please reconsider.....thank you.

Edited by Umbarger

Bluesea, thank you for the beautiful pictures... worth a thousand words! The cabin looks great. But I wonder about the upper bunks... they look so low that if they were being used, it seems like the people in the queen bed would sustain numerous head injuries.

We were midship, deck 8 close to Moderno.

Same with us on the Gem but Blue Lagoon side on deck 8. I loved the layout thought it was better than normal we could get around each other easier though our bathroom was instantly on the right as you entered to the foot of the bed and desk on opposite the door.

After two bad experiences with balcony staterooms (noisy neighbors), we decided to go with an inside cabin and chose a sideways cabin. We LOVED it. As mentioned above, there is no hallway as you enter, so the cabin appears bigger and you are not in each other's way if one has to use the bathroom and the other is trying to get into the closet. The bathroom is most definitely bigger in this configuration. We always look for a sideways inside cabin when we cruise.

Thanks for that information. We were considering booking these for a family trip. Glad to hear they are enjoyable.

DML

We were assigned one of those for our cruise next week on the Gem. It should be interesting.

Without the little hall, if the door is open can passersby just see into your cabin? I kind of liked being able to "hide" in bed & not be seen when DH answered the door for breakfast room service.

Yes, they can. On disembarkation day, we walked by an oceanview sideways cabin. Doors were open so cabin stewards could enter for cleaning. We did poke our heads in, out of curiousity. The bed was visable from the door.

Yes, they can. On disembarkation day, we walked by an oceanview sideways cabin. Doors were open so cabin stewards could enter for cleaning. We did poke our heads in, out of curiousity. The bed was visable from the door.

You have to weigh the good vs. the bad. For us, having the bed smack dab in front of the window is the bad thing. Much rather have that space open for viewing.

One other thing, in the obstructed view cabins on deck 8, they are for 2 persons only. No bunks, no sofa.

• 1 year later...
We were in the sideways inside cabin #12039 on the Dawn. It's in the new deck 12 block so the bathroom and furnishings are new.

As you enter the room, the bed is on your right ...

8847002030_d4e7676884_c.jpg

The front door is on the right ...

8846383741_cf4fbc3e30_c.jpg

Looking left ...

8846383081_91486fa4a6_c.jpg

The front door is off the picture on the left ...

8846383013_9831e317a7_c.jpg

8846383159_05f256aa57_c.jpg

Thank you very much for the pictures. I'll be in my first sideway cabin on the Dawn and this info was very helpful. I see that I'm as nuerotic as others, searching like a mad woman, craving to see what the cabin looks like.:o

I can see myself comfortably enjoying this type of cabin. Thanks again.

We had an inside on the 10th Deck of Dawn in summer 2013.

I think I must be spatially challenged. I didn't see how they felt bigger - it's just my opinion! Also, it was the first inside I'd ever had with beds up on the walls (probably more by good luck than good management) and I bumped my shoulder on the bed every time I got up on our sideways cabin on the Dawn. It truly annoyed me after awhile.

We didn't notice any noise and we were right by the stairs.

An inside is an inside in the end. I hope you enjoy it, but I didn't really find it made as much difference as I was expecting. In other words, I was excited by the posts I read on CC, but disappointed in the actual size.

But I LOVED our cruise, the Dawn is a great ship and I know you will have an awesome time - squeezing an extra cruise into the year is the main thing.