Ten Awesome Days on Vision OTS! ~A Pictorial Review~

DarthGrady

I was going to invite them to ours too, before I realized that Feb. 4 +21 days =Feb. 25. Calendar math again. :rolleyes: We board on the 25th. :D

Congratulations on your anniversary! It's too bad D+ won't do much for you on this ship, but there should be a party and great ports! :D:)

~Patti :)

We just discovered this thread, today.

Thanks for the outstanding pictures and commentary !!!!!!!!

We sail with Vision, for the first time, on February 4 for a B2B -- (21) days that we're looking forward to !!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit that we were somewhat concerned about Vision's age/condition and relatively small size, but your excellent reporting has allayed our concern.

We're celebrating our 45th Anniversary on this voyage and we'll also achieve Diamond+ during Leg 2, so we're looking forward to an outstanding cruise.

I'm glad you liked the review, congrats on making D+!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Darth--We returned from our 11 night cruise 3 days ago, and I am wistfully reviewing your beautiful photos. Ours are mainly of people-fillled activities, and yours show Vision in all her glory. I wish I could say we'll be back on her after the refit, but with a home port in Colon, it seems doubtful. Thanks again for your terrific review. And yes, we had a splendid time.

Judging by your pictures I think I'll avoid the Vision of the Seas. I love your pics don't get me wrong just not an fan of the decor.

Wow, I made it this far and I feel just the opposite. I LOVE it. It's like no ship I've ever seen I find it very elegantly retro and much more detailed in a beautiful way than those larger than the Radiance class ships. I was thinking what a shame it will be when they take her in for her makeover this fall. Or maybe they won't rip out the best parts.

Who needs a concierge lounge?

Gina

I know the cookies are free and don't require a purchase. They are the same ones served in the Promenade Cafe on the the bigger ships. I'm not sure about the pastries though.

Not sure if you need to make a purchase or not, can someone verify this?

Any Lattetudes I've been to has free pastries of any kind - no purchase required. People don't seem to realize this. They are going to throw the leftovers away otherwise.

Gina

We got off the Vision 2 weeks ago, and the whole time we were there my husband kept saying, "I really forgot how beautiful this ship is"...we loved it. Great experience, great crew, great everything.

As far as the cookies, one day I was passing by and saw they had Ranger cookies, my fave, and I stopped and asked for one. He asked me how many I wanted, and they were free, no purchase required.

Wow, I made it this far and I feel just the opposite. I LOVE it. It's like no ship I've ever seen I find it very elegantly retro and much more detailed in a beautiful way than those larger than the Radiance class ships. I was thinking what a shame it will be when they take her in for her makeover this fall. Or maybe they won't rip out the best parts.

Who needs a concierge lounge?

Gina

I feel exactly the same way.

As for the cookies, we were limited to 2 at the Lattetudes, but not charged.

I have to say Grady, your review did a good job of lighting some extra excitement up for my GF. She's only been on Mariner before.

We're both really ready to get gone for our sailing on 2/4. Should be a really nice cruise.

I've been talking up your (sure to be) timely review to the cruisers on our Feb. 25th sailing. :D:):D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello....we're getting ready to cruise on the Vision on Friday and I am feverishly packing. Do you recall if there were hair dryers in the cabins? By the way, I have gone back through your review again and again looking at all the pictures -it's gotten me that much more excited. Thanks!

Hello....we're getting ready to cruise on the Vision on Friday and I am feverishly packing. Do you recall if there were hair dryers in the cabins? By the way, I have gone back through your review again and again looking at all the pictures -it's gotten me that much more excited. Thanks!

If you mean hair dryers, yes all the staterooms have hair dryers. They are the type that have a button that must be constantly pressed to keep the power on. Also, some people think they are not powerful enough, so they recommend bringing your own if you have very thick hair.

Edited by clarea

DG.....loved your review and pictures. Sailing Vision for the first time March 8th and really excited now!!!! Been to some of the ports you pictured; wonderful job. Always rode the water taxi in St Maarten; glad to read about the walk is just about a mile.....(can handle that). Can't think of any questions/answers that haven't been addressed!!!! So glad I found this thread. :) Judy

DG.....loved your review and pictures. Sailing Vision for the first time March 8th and really excited now!!!! Been to some of the ports you pictured; wonderful job. Always rode the water taxi in St Maarten; glad to read about the walk is just about a mile.....(can handle that). Can't think of any questions/answers that haven't been addressed!!!! So glad I found this thread. :) Judy

Judy,

If you would like, come and join our roll call for the March 8th sailing. We also have 50+ registered for the Meet & Mingle. Always nice to meet your fellow cruisers and CC'rs.

Judy

Judy,

If you would like, come and join our roll call for the March 8th sailing. We also have 50+ registered for the Meet & Mingle. Always nice to meet your fellow cruisers and CC'rs.

Judy

Usually do sign up; don't know why I didn't this time:confused: This is going to be a first time, in several cruises, that Bob & I have gone by ourselves. Usually we always have friends that want to join up. YOU TALKED ME INTO IT:eek:

Judy

• 1 year later...