Which Cruise Ship??????

emmylou

The Tahitian Princess because it reminds me of what a ship should be. More wood and less chrome. No Las Vegas feel. It is intimate and NOT a floating resort. I love the rooms also.

The Royal Princess... ::: sob ::: sob :::

I like her because in spite of being older and not having the "glitz" of the newer ships, she's elegant, handles the seas very well, is smaller so that you're not walking the length of a football field to get to your cabin, she has a dedicated ("real") movie theater, there are relatively large areas on the back of every deck where you can find a lounger either under cover or in the sun; at lunch every day, they make pasta just for you; at breakfast, there's a cook right at the Lido buffet to make your eggs ANY way you want them. He has a large cooktop and makes all of the prepared eggs right there. I'm so sorry this ship has now left the fleet. It's the way cruising should be.

Royal Princess was my favorite also. She was quite a stylish ship in her day.

Of the ships currently in the fleet, I like Sun Princess, Coral Princess, Regal Princess, Pacific Princess. I like them all, for different reasons. Notice there are no Grand class ships in my list - anything that can't fit through the Panama Canal is too big for my tastes.

Thank you for the replies.

We are new to Princess and just booked an Alaska cruise for next year in May

on the Island Princess but am wondering now if we booked the wrong ship as

I see no one has picked it as thier favorite?

emmylou

So far, we cruised on 4 ships. Of course, I love them all and it is difficult to determine wich one is our favorite... Anyway, here they are:

1. Coral Princess

2. Sea Princess

3. Dawn Princess

4. Regal Princess.

Sea and Dawn are sister ships but I prefer the Sea over the Dawn... Don't ask me why ! :rolleyes: Can't wait to see where I will put the Sun Princess after our next cruise...

Alain R.

This will be my first time on a Princess ship....we are on the Diamond this fall from SEA around the North Pacific to Japan.

I'll ditto what was said above....any cruise ship is fantastic. Each has its pros and a few cons.

But truly, my favorites are with Cunard. I have sailed on QE2 many times over the last 35 years, including several World Cruises. She is "old world" elegant, albeit a bit worn down these days. Nevertheless, she still has style. For a more modern ship, by all means, the QM2. Heaven on the seas.

Out of the Sun, Dawn, Grand, Golden and Caribbean, the Dawn Princess is my favorite because the cruise on that ship was also our favorite cruise to date. The Captain came around and introduced himself at dinner (each table). I don't know - it's hard to say, but the whole cruise was a unique experience. The Caribbean is my second favorite ship.

Emmylou, we have sailed on the Island and it is a beautiful ship, It is the sister ship to the Coral, as many people say they like. The Island has a Hawaiaan theme. It is a wonderful ship I,m sure you will like it. Have a nice cruise. We are going on her again in Nov.to Hawaii

Sea Princess is booked so she will be my all time, all time, favorite. Unless the house is repaired early and we can sneak in another cruise before Sea Princess. Then that unknown ship will be my all time, all time, undying fave. ....................... Until the next one.

Dan

Archived