Waitlist for Window Suite

Babr

I booked a WS for the upcoming CB TA, that was mentioned by the OP's, about a year ago and all the WS have been sold out for a while. There are about 17 full suites still empty (as of yesterday) on this trip so there is a slight possibility that if there is a wait list for WS, those already booked will be upgraded. Final payment was last week. The WS was very inexpensive when we booked it considering all the perks plus we will get the free unlimited internet.

I tried to find an example in a random hit-and-miss sort of way. Seems most of the ones I looked at were sold out in the WS category for Alaska or Hawaii and even Northern Europe.

The one I did see available was for Northern Europe, and the only one left was 301, the smallest of the category. It was not inexpensive.

Rather gives lie to the statement so many others have made that nobody wants a Window Suite, doesn't it?

My understanding is that free Internet is not a suite perk anymore. However if you are plat/elite you would get your Internet allowance.

This cruise was booked before they changed the policy so I will get free internet, just bring the original booking with the date to the internet manager. :)

May I ask - does "very inexpensive" mean about the same as a mini-suite or does it mean less than that?

For 15 days, it was less than 2k per person. The cheapest suite now is almost 5K per person on this particular cruise. For me having a balcony while doing a TA in the spring or fall is not a big deal because the weather isn't conducive to sitting on a balcony but the suite perks were definitely worth the money.

I don't think I have ever seen a WS or any other suite for that matter as inexpensive versus reg cabins balcony/OV/Inside.

We booked a window suite early for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden and paid less than an AA mini suite. I thought it was a great deal and would book one again for any cruise that had cool weather days.

We booked a window suite early for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden and paid less than an AA mini suite. I thought it was a great deal and would book one again for any cruise that had cool weather days.

Yes but how was the price in relation to other reg balconies/OV's etc?

AA's are always sky high anyway.

I've never noticed any waitlists for those cabins. They usually are given out as upgrades since most people I know don't want them since there is no balcony and also the location. I know there has been a little more talk about them lately here on CC. Just like the aft balconies - when everyone talks them up so much, they become popular and the price goes up and they book up right away.

I'd never stay in one - love my balconies too much. To me - they aren't a suite.

My daughters and I booked a window suite with trepidation when we went to Alaska. With two girls in their 20's I felt we needed the extra room and gave up our balcony room reluctantly. I was surprise about how much I loved the window suite. All the perks of a "real" suite. More storage than three women could use and a bathroom with a double sink. Amazing. We were right smack in the middle of everything as to location on board. I wish Princess had them on all ships. That room spoiled me for all the other rooms...especially with the suite perks. For a cooler climate I would give up my balcony cabin in a minute.

Archived