One Menu on all Princess ships

mustanglvr

To start with, I love PC dining as I "was" a converted NCL cruiser. After reading the threads concerning the recent changes on the Diamond (I cruise to Alaska in a few days) regarding going to a one menu concept and eliminating the choices of specialty restaurants, I had to get the facts straight.

I just got off the phone with Customer Relations at Princess Corporate office in Santa Clarita, CA, and they confirmed the fact that Princess has gone to a one menu concept on two of it's ships and will go fleetwide as soon as they can get the changes implemented. No more PC dining?? Well, you have a choice of where you eat, but the menu is the same everywhere. Their reasoning obviously was suggestions/complaints from previous cruisers. If they get enough feed-back from those of us who love the choices of specialty dining and separate menus for each, they "could" go back. I will write my letter today and make my final decision on cancelling my two future cruises after my Alaska cruise aboard the Diamond.

If I wanted traditional dining, I would ask for that when I booked, but now there isn't any difference, other than you have assigned seating in your traditional (assigned) restaurant.

The address for feed-back is:

Princess Cruises

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Happy cruising.:D

I think the OP is a little confused or unfamiliar with Anytime dining. On all Princess ships that offer Anytime except the Sapphire and Diamond, the main dining room menu has always been the same regardless of your choice of fixed or open seating. Sapphire and Diamond had additional specialty themed menus that were offered nightly, that are now being offered only once each per 7-day cruise. If I understand the situation correctly, the Diamond and Sapphire will now have dining menus consistent with the rest of the fleet.

The four different themed restaurants just weren't working out - too much demand in some, not enough in others, and complaints all around about reservations, etc.

I thought that "PC" (or Anytime) dining had the same menu as Traditional dining except for the two ships (Sapphire and Diamond). I think I understand that you're saying that the Sapphire and Diamond will now have the same menu in the Anytime and Traditional dining rooms but since that's what's already fleetwide, then I'm really confused.

I think the OP is a little confused or unfamiliar with Anytime dining. On all Princess ships that offer Anytime except the Sapphire and Diamond, the main dining room menu has always been the same regardless of your choice of fixed or open seating. Sapphire and Diamond had additional specialty themed menus that were offered nightly, that are now being offered only once each per 7-day cruise. If I understand the situation correctly, the Diamond and Sapphire will now have dining menus consistent with the rest of the fleet.

The four different themed restaurants just weren't working out - too much demand in some, not enough in others, and complaints all around about reservations, etc.

Confused? Read this again…

I'm confused...

Are you saying that Princess is eliminating the specialty restaurants such as Sabatini's and Sterlings?

No, they are eliminating the no-charge specialty restaurants on the Diamond and Sapphire.

Dining on the rest of the fleet stays pretty much as is, and the surcharged restaurant(s) will remain.

As Spongerob said above, methinks the OP was a little confused to start with....or of course, the CSA in Santa Clarita may have been a little confused, too, and there is always the chance that a little information got lost in translation to the board. :p

By making this change to the Sapphire and Diamond (the two ships in the OP??) it makes a fleetwide consistent dining policy/program, and maybe that was what was intended by the "go fleetwide" remark.

The only ships affected are the Diamond and the Sapphire and they are the only ships with the multiple alternative dining concept. Since there were so many complaints about people in traditional eating in the other restaurants and people in traditional wanting the alternative menus, the changes were imminent. If you had to pay a fee before, you still will. The other ships already have the one menu concept for each of the PC and traditional, so nothing will change for them. :D

Archived