Hot Tubs on Princess

Evangaline

Someone on these boards said that the hot tubs on Princess cruises were no longer functional and that the jets had been turned off for some Was reason. Was wondering about this as I do not think I would sail on Princess if this were the case. Also may have just been on only one of the ships. Does anyone know anything about this?

If this was the case you would have heard a lot more screaming. Most likely one ship was having issues with the filtration or pump systems for the pool networks..

Someone on these boards said that the hot tubs on Princess cruises were no longer functional and that the jets had been turned off for some Was reason. Was wondering about this as I do not think I would sail on Princess if this were the case. Also may have just been on only one of the ships. Does anyone know anything about this?

The Hot Tubs have not been removed and work normally. You have to push the rubber button down to start the jets if they're not on when you enter. They are occasionally closed (covered with blue netting) for whatever reason.

If this was the case you would have heard a lot more screaming. Most likely one ship was having issues with the filtration or pump systems for the pool networks..

Well, I would have thought there would be a huge fuss. That is why I was asking. But this poster insisted that permanent hot tub shut down was the reason for never booking with Princess again. As someone who is considering Princess, I sort of wanted to know if there was any truth to it as hot tubs are one of the things I enjoy on a cruise.

The tubs I have encountered have jets, but no air bubbles. Normal temp. is comfortable but not really hot, approx. 100F. Most can sit in them for long periods without issues, not like the 15min limit for 102F+ temps. I think they keep them this way just to avoid problems of overexposure. Sometimes they are a little cooler and sometimes a little hotter. They are emptied and refilled frequently. Princess normally keeps a hot tub operating day and evening. I have even seen people in them late night. Depends on the ship. Pools and hot tubs are different.

Depends on your standards of hot, but for most people, probably closer to very warm. Given the older clientele, many of whom may have diabetes, etc, it makes sense not to crank them up too much.

The ones in the outdoor pool always seem a bit warmer to me, but that could be contrast with air temp.

Are the hot tubs actually "hot"? I have found that pool and hot tub temperatures are the same at a lot of all-inclusives.

Dave

I have found the hot tubs to be the warmest on the top deck aft. I believe that the main tubs are just warm, because so many kids tend to swim in them. Liability issues as always.

Go to the ones on top at about 10 pm. It is fun to have people wave at you while walking up to Skywalkers!

No fears, the hot tubs are on the ships and as long as there isn't a mechanical problem or water problem, they are working. Perhaps the person spreading the rumor was on a ship with a problem.

just a personal opinion.... i was on the island princess on 12/10-12/20. i thought the hot tubs were warm but not the temperature i'd expect. sometimes i wanted it to be hotter like a traditional hot tub, other times it was nice to be able to sit in there for awhile instead of getting too hot. the jets worked sporadically in some hot tubs and not at all in others.

When we were on Star in September, it seemed like we had to play the hot tub game each day to find the best one. The two at the aft pool were usually drastically different in temperature. We always managed to find a good one though. They sure do seem to test the water chemistry a lot though - we liked that.

Archived