Nachi Cocom Questions

Genesis803

My wife and I are considering visiting Nachi in April. I know all drinks are included, we are not big drinkers, but was wondering if there are typically a lot of loud drunks around? Is it that kind of place?

Also, how bad are the cab rides? I get car sick easily and have had some wild cab rides here in the states. Are the roads straight and smooth?

Thanks

My wife and I are considering visiting Nachi in April. I know all drinks are included, we are not big drinkers, but was wondering if there are typically a lot of loud drunks around? Is it that kind of place?

Also, how bad are the cab rides? I get car sick easily and have had some wild cab rides here in the states. Are the roads straight and smooth?

Thanks

We were not at the port in town, but the other one. Don't recall the name. The taxi ride was pretty much a straight shot. Not a lot of curves as I remember.

We were there when at least four ships were in port at Cozumel. We never heard or even saw anyone get out of hand. It is a fairly large area. We got there early and had our pick of the loungers. No crazy drunk people on our time there.

We were there this past January and nope, zero drunks. In fact there probably wasn't more than 20 people there the day we were. There was 6 of us in our late 20's/30's and my friends thought it was pretty boring. We just didn't find it as great as most people think it is.

If your looking for a place to relax.. it would work for that. If your looking to have a great time with other people.. Not so much.

We've never seen more than 40+ people there on our visits. No loud drunks and a very quiet and relaxing and enjoyable time. The cab ride is pretty much a straight shot down the coast road past some of the other beach clubs - not a lot of winding roads, etc.

Good luck! :)

You will enjoy it there. As stated, no loud drunks. It is promoted as a family atmosphere, thus they discourage that type of behavior. Having said that, it's always a crap shoot when you go to a place with all-inclusive drinks. Lunch is included and you will order off a menu, and they bring it right to you. It was delicious! We were way too full to order dessert, but we could have if we wanted to. :) I would also suggest tipping your waiter; he will work hard for you all day to keep you happy. He was pleased we remembered him at the end of the day, as not everyone did the same, sadly. :(

The cab ride is a flat, posted rate of $15.00 for 2 and we gave the driver $20.00. He seemed thrilled - said the town had been waiting for our visit for 2 months! Several ships in town that day, the start of the tourist season.

Have fun! It is absolutely beautiful there, and there is a large number of vendors at the pier if you want some souvenirs on your way back to the ship.

We went there this past week. It took about fifteen minutes, but it was an easy ride. There were 60 people there. It was very peaceful. There is a sign posted with rules, one being that unruly "spring break" behavior wouldn't be accepted. They really take care of you there. The lunch was delicious. Our waiter, Joseph, was great. It was exactly as everyone had destined in their posts. We will definitely be returning. Have a great trip!

Can anyone tell me if every "group" (reservation) at Nachi will be given a palapa??

I sent an email inquiry to them about something else and they said they only had 7 more spots available for the day we're in port. So, it sounds like they'll be at capacity!

Thanks for any help!

Archived