Cheers Comparison Chart

AndrewD65

Here's the original Post from John Held from Facebook :

John Heald ; As you will have read above there is no limit but at 15 drinks the bar tender is alerted and a manager will make sure you are OK to continue to e served.....this of course for your own safety. So no limit is the simple answer to your question. cheers

Funny. So that means that the Manager will Check a few hundred or thousend People in 1 Day after 15 Drinks ? Damn Hard Work :D

Edited by Blazley

So I can buy a Souvenir cup then transfer my drink into it every time?

Sure you can, if you like - although they are a pain to carry around (well the one she bought was - it was a huge round fish). We also discovered that the size of the "souvenir drink" is really no larger than having the drink poured into a regular glass.

Here's the original Post from John Held from Facebook :

Funny. So that means that the Manager will Check a few hundred or thousend People in 1 Day after 15 Drinks ? Damn Hard Work :D

It seems fewer than 200 pax per cruise have been purchasing the package - and I'm sure this means whoever is "in charge" at each bar location. I imagine this is a CYA statement, nothing more.

Once you hit 15 drinks in a day they automatically cut you off. This happened to my husband on the last day of our cruise so he just used my card.

Here's our breakdown on how it worked for us:

$691.50 cost for 2 people

56 JD and soda = $364.00

13 Mai Tai = $113.75

5 small fun ship drinks = $24.75

2 kiss on the lips = $14.50

5 high end beers (16oz) = $29.75

7 Fosters (26oz) = $47.25

12 high end beers (12oz) = $59.40

11 Miller lite (16oz) = $63.25

23 coor's lite (16oz) =132.25

3 odd ball drinks $13.00

Total is drinks came to $861.90

So we saved $170.40 but I'll tell you what....... I totally pushed myself into all these drinks and I don't think we will be doing the package again. I could see getting drunk twice in the week but I felt like I had to drink my money's worth.

So we saved $170.40 but I'll tell you what....... I totally pushed myself into all these drinks and I don't think we will be doing the package again. I could see getting drunk twice in the week but I felt like I had to drink my money's worth.

Did you find you gained more weight this cruise than others? That's my main concern!

Refuse to step on the scale :)

I lost 40 pounds last year but on this cruise I ate and drank way too much. I think it feels like I gained about 5-7 pounds but I'm okay with that because I know I will work it off.

The gym was so darn crowded this time that I couldn't get in for my workouts and the yoga classes were all full. Last year when we did the same cruise in March the gym and yoga classes were empty because it was spring break and the kids slept in. I liked the spring break cruise so much more than this one at Christmas. I won't be doing another Christmas cruise again.

Did you find you gained more weight this cruise than others? That's my main concern!

Our consumption was similar, however my cabin mate and I used seperate S&S accounts. We each paid $345 and after I tallied up all the receipts at week's end, we had "purchased" $550 worth of drinks each.

I actually don't think I gained as much weight on this cruise as normal b/c I was so full of liquid, I didn't eat nearly as much as I normally do. :)

Once you hit 15 drinks in a day they automatically cut you off. This happened to my husband on the last day of our cruise so he just used my card.

I really wish they would give a firm answer on this. We were 100% guaranteed to get the cheers program. We would even have purchased if it was a 15 limit then you could buy extra drinks after that 15. However, there's no way we wanna spend thousands of dollars on our trip, to be having a great time in the nightclub at midnight and then bam, cut off just for hitting a limit with no option to even purchase an extra drink. Talk about killing a great night of vacation in an instant.

We'll probably end up buying ours as we go, and take the risk of slightly overspending above the cost of the cheers program, just for the freedom of being able to drink over 15 drinks on our vacation if we would like to.

I think it might work for me. After careful calculation I find I really don't give hooey about the 15 drink limit (and whether it exists or not). My only concern is this: 'is it cost efficient for my drinking needs?" Being a wine and soda drinker I figured that with wine running 6-8 bucks average plus the gratuity I will need only an average of 7-8 glasses of wine a day :rolleyes:, throw in a couple of sodas and I will save money. Drink limits don't mean a thing. It is only about costs. For $49 dollars a day my needs are met and I might throw in an extra glass of wine to take back to my cabin at the end of the day and sip it on my balcony without having to calculate my bar bill for the day! Hey, I might even have a 'small' bloody mary for breakfast! :p

You guys drank 58 beers.....if most of them had been higher priced, less filling drinks, then maybe your train of thought for the future might be different.

I really wish they would give a firm answer on this. We were 100% guaranteed to get the cheers program. We would even have purchased if it was a 15 limit then you could buy extra drinks after that 15. However, there's no way we wanna spend thousands of dollars on our trip, to be having a great time in the nightclub at midnight and then bam, cut off just for hitting a limit with no option to even purchase an extra drink. Talk about killing a great night of vacation in an instant.

We'll probably end up buying ours as we go, and take the risk of slightly overspending above the cost of the cheers program, just for the freedom of being able to drink over 15 drinks on our vacation if we would like to.

You always have the option to wait until day two to purchase the program after you had time to assess the situation on your particular sailing. You can discuss things with different bartenders around the ship and if it seems OK, then buy it on day two. Easy peasey.

I found this information online and thought it would be useful for anyone debating if the cheers program would be worth it to them or not.

The question many are asking: "Is it worth it?"

Program Cost = $49.40 per day with gratuity

Sample 1

5 - Martinis

($8.95/per)

= $51.50 with gratuity

Sample 2

7 - Top Shelf Vodka Drinks

($7.50/per)

= $53.63 with gratuity

Sample 3

8 - Domestic Beers

($5.75/per)

= $52.96 with gratuity

Sample 4

4 - Domestic Beers

3 - Sodas

2 - Drinks of the Day

= $50.43 with gratuity

If you can drink on average one of the samples above in a day, this program will save you money.

Not if your wife dont drink !! Mine doesnt drink maybe has 1 drink a year (Last time I seen her drink was 1 glass of wine at a wedding 2 years ago!)no joke !!!!

You guys drank 58 beers.....if most of them had been higher priced, less filling drinks, then maybe your train of thought for the future might be different.

No doubt! My husband and I went to dinner tonight and they had a happy hour special on 25 ounce glasses of beer. I thought I'd explode before I finished it. I will NOT be ordering any beers on the cruise, that's for sure!

I'm not going to drink something I don't like just to justify the cost of the Cheers program. I use to be a big drinkier (10 to 14 beers a day) but I stopped drinking like that in the beginning of Jan. last year.

Had I cruised when I still drank like a fish & they offered this package I would have made out but I couldn't drink every day.

I think I had more trouble getting the Mai Tai dribks down & I should have just stuck to the beers, I would have been better off.

Just finished making a payment on my cruise over the phone with Carnvial directly. I confirmed this program is now on the Magic along with many other ships now. I had the Carnival rep read the program info and rules and regulations to me, no mention of a 15 drink limit...

I think it's time to move on, be happy we have this as an OPTION now and get back to thinking about and planning our cruises.

Happy Sailing!

They didn't tell me about the 15 drink limit when I was on the phone with them either. They tell you about it when you purchase it on board. I have the rule form yet if you would like me to take a picture of it & post it.

That would be nice if you could post it, thanks....

Not if your wife dont drink !! Mine doesnt drink maybe has 1 drink a year (Last time I seen her drink was 1 glass of wine at a wedding 2 years ago!)no joke !!!!

You always have the option to sail on Celebrity, where the everyone in the cabin has to purchase rule is not in existence. But, it is in existence on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian for their all you can drink packages.

So we saved $170.40 but I'll tell you what.......I totally pushed myself into all these drinks and I don't think we will be doing the package again. I could see getting drunk twice in the week but I felt like I had to drink my money's worth.

I'm not going to drink something I don't like just to justify the cost of the Cheers program. I use to be a big drinkier (10 to 14 beers a day) but I stopped drinking like that in the beginning of Jan. last year.

Had I cruised when I still drank like a fish & they offered this package I would have made out but I couldn't drink every day.

I think I had more trouble getting the Mai Tai dribks down & I should have just stuck to the beers, I would have been better off.

Wow.....the bold letters from your posts says it all.

Also, re post above, frozen drinks aren't part of the package (but may just be the froo-froo ones).

OK now I'm really confused about whether frozen drinks are covered or not.

Some have said they are part of the package because they are within the $10 cost per drink. Others have said you can get a DOD as long as it's not in the souveneir cup. Now I'm hearing you can't get a frozen drink (sorry not sure what is meant by froo froo).

So if I want to get a frozen Marguerita Or strawberry daiquiri, are these types of drinks part of this package or not?

OK now I'm really confused about whether frozen drinks are covered or not.

Some have said they are part of the package because they are within the $10 cost per drink. Others have said you can get a DOD as long as it's not in the souveneir cup. Now I'm hearing you can't get a frozen drink (sorry not sure what is meant by froo froo).

So if I want to get a frozen Marguerita Or strawberry daiquiri, are these types of drinks part of this package or not?

Yes, it includes all alcoholic drinks, including frozen, ass long as it is under $10 (pre-tip)...

Everyone is misinterpreting the fact you can't get "Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic cocktails". This policy means no red bulls, bottled waters, speciality coffees....

Well My cheers experience is soon approaching.. I of course will post my findings

Can't wait to read all about it! Our cruise is the 20th, and I'm soaking up every bit of information! I just had two surgeries, so I've had two weeks of no alcohol - I may be too much of a lightweight by the time the cruise rolls around to even do the Cheers package ;-)