Cheers Comparison Chart

AndrewD65

But if you give they your big baggage, and they bring it after a few hours directly at your room, how they will check that ??

I don't think they actually check every bag. I know there are dogs down there, and lots of conveyor belts...

And I once got bags at 6pm, so it's not always a few hours

We just got back Saturday off the liberty ... We were told a letter had went out from management about the 15 drink limit ... So yes there is a limit but let's be honest 15 is alot and I am pretty sure that doesn't include soft drinks. We bought the program and were very pleased. On our past cruises our drink bill is usually 7-800.00 so pretty sure it was gong to be a savings for us but to be sure we kept most all of our receipts other than soft drinks but we only drank 1-3 soft drinks a day so not that much. The total of our receipts was alittle over 900.00 and we drank no where near 15 drinks a day and were never cutoff or given a warning. Our ship had the new alchemy bar which is awesome. So we would have 2-3 beers in the afternoon .. Couple if glasses of Pinot noir for dinner then have drinks at the alchemy bar later or sometimes crown royal. First day and non port days we probably drank more but when drinks are 8.75-9.75 (crown and coke is cheaper) and our wine was 9.75 and beer 4.75-5.50 is adds up in a hurry. If you are just a beer drinker then it's not for you. We had an awesome time.

We just got back Saturday off the liberty ... We were told a letter had went out from management about the 15 drink limit ... So yes there is a limit but let's be honest 15 is alot and I am pretty sure that doesn't include soft drinks. We bought the program and were very pleased. On our past cruises our drink bill is usually 7-800.00 so pretty sure it was gong to be a savings for us but to be sure we kept most all of our receipts other than soft drinks but we only drank 1-3 soft drinks a day so not that much. The total of our receipts was alittle over 900.00 and we drank no where near 15 drinks a day and were never cutoff or given a warning. Our ship had the new alchemy bar which is awesome. So we would have 2-3 beers in the afternoon .. Couple if glasses of Pinot noir for dinner then have drinks at the alchemy bar later or sometimes crown royal. First day and non port days we probably drank more but when drinks are 8.75-9.75 (crown and coke is cheaper) and our wine was 9.75 and beer 4.75-5.50 is adds up in a hurry. If you are just a beer drinker then it's not for you. We had an awesome time.

We are sailing liberty in march so very interested in your experience.

Who told you about the letter from management with the 15 limit, other customers or bartenders?? Also, if you spoke/saw anyone who hit the 15 limit were they completely cut off or just made to then pay per drink on their card??

On the Magic now. Can't buy it till Monday and its a 15 drink limit. She said I can buy drinks after that but is not sure if I could buy a round for others and deferred the question to the person in charge tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just returned from our 8 days on the Breeze and we did purchase the Cheers so I can give you our firsthand experience of how it works on this ship. We were told upfront as we purchased that there is a hard 15 drink limit per person per day and the counter resets at 9 am. She also told us the 15 drink limit only includes alcoholic beverages and soda would still be unlimited. She told us once you hit the 15 limit we could still purchase drinks at full price. I can assure you I tested this program as well as I could! The 15 drink limit was true....bartender did tell me at 14 there was only 1 free left. After 15 I was allowed to continue to purchase at regular price. I tried many new drinks on the program and found there are a lot of drinks that already have double++ shots in them. If you want to add extra shots you only pay the small up charge. I was able to order drinks for other people and pay at any time. As my DW is not a heavy drinker she never came close to the limit. We would usually use her credits for my drinks early in the day to keep my limit available for the night when she was often in relaxing. All of the bartenders were great at helping us work that as best we could. You still get a receipt with every drink and it shows the price with a 100% Cheers discount and leaving zero due. There is still the ability to add additional gratuity to the receipt. I always take care of the bartenders and on this ship they were all very appreciative. Most never even needed to see our cards and they just remembered the numbers, even a day or 2 later. The card works fine for the Bloody Mary cart also and that is one strong drink for sure on the Breeze! I can definitely say I totally enjoyed the program....it saved us a lot...and we will use it whenever available.

Thank's for you review ! Sounds good. Okay, the 15 drink limit is not so good, but at the days where you are at the island, it is okay. But at Sea it will be stinted. But it is important to know that i can buy after this 15 Drinks another drinks, which i pay for the normal price. You try also the " Long Island Ice Tea " ? This is my favorite Cocktail.. Thanks

Why are they making you wait till tomorrow to purchase the program? I thought it was avaiable on embarkation day as soon as you board. Enjoy your cruise

I don't know why, that's what I was told. I will check in the lobby later tonight but probably won't buy until tomorrow anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of "test" does a supervisor do? I'm in a wheelchair so if it's a "walk this line straight" kind of test then its a No Go! for me. lol

I'm not a drunk by any means but I xcan hold my own and 15 drinks through the course of a day with food is NOT going to get me drunk. I will be pretty happy and loving though. lol

On the Magic now. Can't buy it till Monday and its a 15 drink limit. She said I can buy drinks after that but is not sure if I could buy a round for others and deferred the question to the person in charge tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by tnf

• 2 weeks later...

The Carnival unlimited drinks (alcohol and soda) program.

Restrictions:

Beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay.

I can understand that in Grand Turk you need to pay for all food and beverages because Margaritaville is in no way connected to Carnival ... but I read that you can't use the Cheers program on Half Moon Cay... I thought this was Carnival's private island and that all food and beverages came from the ship...... therefore the Cheers Program should be in effect there..

I can understand that in Grand Turk you need to pay for all food and beverages because Margaritaville is in no way connected to Carnival ... but I read that you can't use the Cheers program on Half Moon Cay... I thought this was Carnival's private island and that all food and beverages came from the ship...... therefore the Cheers Program should be in effect there..

There has been a recent change in policy and the Cheers program is now good on HMC. There is a definitive 15 alcoholic drink limit with the program though. I know this for 100% fact because I participated in the program on the Breeze last week.

I found this information online and thought it would be useful for anyone debating if the cheers program would be worth it to them or not.

The question many are asking: "Is it worth it?"

Program Cost = $49.40 per day with gratuity

Sample 1

5 - Martinis

($8.95/per)

= $51.50 with gratuity

Sample 2

7 - Top Shelf Vodka Drinks

($7.50/per)

= $53.63 with gratuity

Sample 3

8 - Domestic Beers

($5.75/per)

= $52.96 with gratuity

Sample 4

4 - Domestic Beers

3 - Sodas

2 - Drinks of the Day

= $50.43 with gratuity

If you can drink on average one of the samples above in a day, this program will save you money.

Thanks for the info, this is a no brainer for me. I've read that all adults in a cabin have go sign up for the program, this works great in that the wife doesn't drink. That leaves me with 30 drinks a day which I've found can be easily attainable while at all inclusive resorts.

I am so ready to get my PARTY on!!!!

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the info, this is a no brainer for me. I've read that all adults in a cabin have go sign up for the program, this works great in that the wife doesn't drink. That leaves me with 30 drinks a day which I've found can be easily attainable while at all inclusive resorts.

Just be aware that each of your Sign & Sail cards has its own account for this program. Once buy 14 on yours then the rest on hers and the last one on yours. Remember that once you hit 15 on one, that card is shut down for alcohol purchases until 6am the following day.

I have found that the all inclusive resorts water down their alcohol so putting away a great number of mixed drinks is far easier than on a ship. On cruise ships I find you have a fair pour. That being said, go for it if you can do it responsibly and have a great time!

Edited by 9876

I have found that the all inclusive resorts water down their alcohol so putting away a great number of mixed drinks is far easier than on a ship. On cruise ships I find you have a fair pour. That being said, go for it if you can do it responsibly and have a great time!

It truly does depend on the amount of alcohol you usually drink and your daily drinking patterns. I know some people who can drink a lot one day then nothing the next. For my patterns, Cheers is awesome and I make good use of it. Here is my assessment of my last 2 cruises and my drinking patterns:

Morning: I wake up and love Bailey's in my coffee so at breakfast I have that. Pre-lunch I will have 2 Bloody Marys. In the afternoon I will either have ~4 Corona Lights. I love a dirty Grey Goose martini pre-dinner and wine with dinner (they do have decent glasses of wine for $10 and that fits the program OR I will buy wine by the bottle at 25% off). I usually have 3 glasses of wine with dinner, followed by a glass of The Macallan Scotch (also in the program). During the evening entertainment (shows or karaoke) I will drink 3-4 cocktails followed by 3-4 during the club that night. That pretty much uses up my 15 for the day and I am not drunk, just lightly buzzed.

If I am getting close to the 15 mark, I still order a cocktail but I say 'it is for a friend not on the program' and pay for it.

WARNING! DO NOT HIT 15 - you will NOT be able to order ANY alcohol until 6am even if you try to pay for it.

Edited by Synthetic

I have found since the Cheer's Program, the drinks are actually weaker on the ships.

I have found that people's perception is skewed by their thought process. Unless you have empirical evidence that Carnival is watering down booze, I reject your blank assertion.

I love The Macallan and would know certainly if it were tampered with. Additionally, as a Jack Daniels cocktail drinker, there is no doubt that it is 100% from the bottle Jack Daniels without dilution. I additionally paid attention to pour ratios of Cheers passengers vs. non-Cheers and the pour times are the same per bartender.

As for wine and beer, are they watering that down too?