Cheers Comparison Chart

AndrewD65

I like the program as there are drinks that sound interesting that I'd never try otherwise.

I'm not a huge drinker but I figure if I did a mimosa for breakfast, a couple of frozen drinks (maybe with that five minute apart floater), wine for dinner and evening cocktail it might well come close. I like having a set bar bill. I'm considering it and as a solo - sounds like this is something we aren't getting penalized for being solo!

I'm just pointing out that no one seems to be deducting the days they don't stay on the ship.

This is definitely a much less attractive package on port intensive cruises. We happen to be taking a 7 day cruise this month PURELY to relax - no excursions planned, nothing scheduled other than doing as LITTLE as possible. For us, Cheers will be a great part of that week of utter relaxation.

I also wanted the throw in a little program info...Sorry I did not include it at the beginning of my posts.

The Carnival unlimited drinks (alcohol and soda) program.

Currently Available On

(last list update 12/31/2012)

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Dream

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Glory

Carnival Legend

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Magic

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Pride

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Valor

Carnival Victory

The "Cheers" Beverage Program is flat-rate daily pricing for unlimited alcoholic drinks, non-alcoholic frozen drinks, wine by the glass and soda.

The per-cruise cost for the "Cheers" Beverage Program is $42.95 per person per day, plus a 15 percent gratuity (for a total of $49.40 per person per day). The program "day" is a 24 hour period starting at 9:00AM and ending at 8:59AM the next day. The program must be purchased on the embarkation day or the next day. Beverages, including beers, individual cocktails, wines by the glass, and non-alcoholic frozen drinks all must have a $10.00 or lower menu price to qualify for inclusion in the program. For drinks with a menu price over $10.00 a 25% discount is offered, this includes wine and champagne by the bottle. Sodas are also included in the program for free. Bottled water is offered at a 25% discount.

Restrictions:

Each adult (21 and over) assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program - NO EXCEPTIONS.

Only one drink at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted.

Applicable state and local taxes will be applied when in US waters.

There is no drink limit set per day.

Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

Program does NOT include the following:

Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

Beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay.

Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.

The sharing of cocktails and floaters.

Buckets of beer, pitchers of beer or beer tubes.

Beverages offered at gangway while debarking.

Beverages offered through enomatic (wine serving) machines.

Coffee beverages and food items.

Bottles of liquor.

All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

How to Sign Up:

On embarkation day or the next day: You can sign up at the Lobby Bar or one of the Lido Deck bars.

On embarkation day only: You can sign up at the temporary area set up on the Lido Deck where you previously signed up for the Bottomless Bubbles (Unlimited Soda) Program.

You currently CAN NOT sign up prior to boarding.

Notes:

1) After transitioning to Australia the Carnival Spirit will not be offering this program.

2) There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to the rule that everyone in the same cabin (21 years of age or older) most purchase the program. If they allowed one exception it would open the door to everything.

3) From Carnival: "There is a flag in the system that shows when the 15th drink is served [in a "day"] and then a manager will judge if for the guests safety we will continue to serve them or not."

4) You still must sign all of your drink slips after getting a drink, just like you would if you weren't on the Cheers program.

Edited by AndrewD65

3) From Carnival: "There is a flag in the system that shows when the 15th drink is served [in a "day"] and then a manager will judge if for the guests safety we will continue to serve them or not."

What the Hell ? That means if you Drink in one Day 15 Cocktails they will send the Manager to check you ? Ridiculous.. I understand it, but last cruises i've drink more than 20 Cocktails in one day, and there was no Problem.. If you Eat enough, its difficult to be Drunk.. ( Example; If i Drink here 2 - 3 Glasses i'll be Drunk, on the SHip i Eat every our and when i can, so if you Drink a lot there will no problem.. That is Stupid, i understand it, Because if you have some People who are Drunk and they will more, so there i say Stop it, but not if you have Drink 10 Cocktails and your condition is the same like " after 1 Cocktail " We will se what happen..

What the Hell ? That means if you Drink in one Day 15 Cocktails they will send the Manager to check you ? Ridiculous.. I understand it, but last cruises i've drink more than 20 Cocktails in one day, and there was no Problem.. If you Eat enough, its difficult to be Drunk.. ( Example; If i Drink here 2 - 3 Glasses i'll be Drunk, on the SHip i Eat every our and when i can, so if you Drink a lot there will no problem.. That is Stupid, i understand it, Because if you have some People who are Drunk and they will more, so there i say Stop it, but not if you have Drink 10 Cocktails and your condition is the same like " after 1 Cocktail " We will se what happen..

The rules they copied are not from carnival directly, but rather someone who combined the stuff from carnival with what others have said.

Most recent passengers said they do not cut people off unless acting like fools. I'm sure if you control yourself you can have your 20, and if someone is a jerk after 5 they will be cut off until the supervisor decides its safe to serve them.

I honestly think its more intended for safety and they don't want to cut ppl off and have to deal with complaints unless the person seriously is in need of being cut off.

The rules they copied are not from carnival directly, but rather someone who combined the stuff from carnival with what others have said.

Most recent passengers said they do not cut people off unless acting like fools. I'm sure if you control yourself you can have your 20, and if someone is a jerk after 5 they will be cut off until the supervisor decides its safe to serve them.

I honestly think its more intended for safety and they don't want to cut ppl off and have to deal with complaints unless the person seriously is in need of being cut off.

Exactly, as said in my first post I found this and wanted to share with everyone..

I can drink more then 15 beers in a day, and of course spacing it over time I am not inebriated beyond my control.

That sounds more logical. I think they will see if you can not walk or if you walk after few Drinks.. I hope they don't use a method like " We annoy our guests, and we want not that they can drink more than " X " Drinks "

Because its my first Carnival Cruises, hope it will be awesome..

Exactly, as said in my first post I found this and wanted to share with everyone..

Thank you for that !

I can drink more then 15 beers in a day, and of course spacing it over time I am not inebriated beyond my control.

You said it .. You're absolutely right !

That sounds more logical. I think they will see if you can not walk or if you walk after few Drinks.. I hope they don't use a method like " We annoy our guests, and we want not that they can drink more than " X " Drinks "

I have Asked John Heald about the 15 drink minimum and he has confirmed there is not one. After listening to a lot of people on there and Carnival using there judgement after 15 drinks is a good idea. It's a safety issue for your self and the other passengers.

You will have a great time. Remember not to let the little things bother you and it'll be an amazing experience.

We have 4 ports, 2 of which we choose all inclusives, so we decided this program would not be for us. DH may have been ok (he likes his corona) but I'm not that big of a drinker. We bought him the soda card last time and it turned out to be the one week in his life he wanted to drink water! Lol

You need to also factor in the consumption of any other adults traveling with you in the same cabin, as they would also be required to purchase the package.

That is what makes it not worth it for us. DH could drink that much, I could not. Even if he drank more to make up for me, we still would most likely just break even. And that would be us drinking for the sake of getting our money's worth. Most days he might have 5-6 beers and I might have 2 cocktails.

Perhaps this has been asked and I missed it somewhere, but on the 8 day cruise, do you pay for the day you disembark as well? Or would I pay Saturday through Saturday, since I won't be "on the ship" on Sunday?

Saturday-Saturday is a Seven night cruise, and you would pay for Seven nights. Embarkation day counts as night one - you do not pay for the Saturday morning you disembark.

Perhaps this has been asked and I missed it somewhere, but on the 8 day cruise, do you pay for the day you disembark as well? Or would I pay Saturday through Saturday, since I won't be "on the ship" on Sunday?

Embarkation day and debarkation day are considered the same day.

So if you get on Saturday and off on Sunday, it would be 8days ($400~)

One thing to consider is when you are traveling with a large group. There is always the I'll get this one you get the next round. This is fine with a small group but doesn't seem to ever work for me in the large groups. I end up with a much higher tab. We have 20 some people going and all will be using the cheers program. This eliminates paying for rounds since that is not an option. This will make the cruise so much more enjoyable not having to look at the running tab I am accumulating.

One thing to consider is when you are traveling with a large group. There is always the I'll get this one you get the next round. This is fine with a small group but doesn't seem to ever work for me in the large groups. I end up with a much higher tab. We have 20 some people going and all will be using the cheers program. This eliminates paying for rounds since that is not an option. This will make the cruise so much more enjoyable not having to look at the running tab I am accumulating.

Prime example as for some it works and some it does not..

Well , the Hats in Miami are really patting themselves on the back now :rolleyes:.

Let's see ,say one solo in one room, four other friends in the next.

The solo buys the cheers package and one or two share the room later or not, doesn't matter.

So now they examine the solo after fifteen drinks, and he surely is not intoxicated as he has only had a few drinks ,the others went to his friends.

Thats about the way its going to flow around spring break :p.

Has anyone noticed a difference in the quality of mixed drinks since the Cheers program began? I just can't help but think they will reduce the amount of alcohol and/or quality of other ingredients to reduce costs and mantain margin. Obviously this does not apply to beer, wine, single ingredient shots, etc.

Well , the Hats in Miami are really patting themselves on the back now :rolleyes:.

Let's see ,say one solo in one room, four other friends in the next.

The solo buys the cheers package and one or two share the room later or not, doesn't matter.

So now they examine the solo after fifteen drinks, and he surely is not intoxicated as he has only had a few drinks ,the others went to his friends.

Thats about the way its going to flow around spring break :p.

I'm sure that they know sharing will happen and that is why it's still being rolled out in test phase.

But also, unlimited or not, I'm sure that if someone gets up to the thirty drinks in a day and is still sober that carnival would be all up on that and catch them sharing and revoke, without refund, the package.