Hotel in Greenwich Village before a cruise?

bubbles1209

If you're you're leaving from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal no hotel in Manhattan is very far away. The Greenwich Village area is about 3.5 to 4 miles from the cruise terminal.

Taxi fare from your hotel to the cruise terminal would likely be $15-20 at most.

It's a bit unusual for a cruise passenger to want to stay in Greenwich Village. There aren't many hotels in the neighborhood, and nothing that I can think of as noteworthy. Where to stay probably depends on what you want to do. If you're coming in a couple of days early to do some sightseeing it's a bit more convenient to stay in the midtown Manhattan area. But even from Greenwich Village, almost everywhere you'd likely want to go in Manhattan is only a short subway ride away.

I've stayed in some great hotels in Greenwich Village, and there's lots of things to do there. Great clubs and Restaurants (ate at "Commerce" about 10 days, ago, one of the best dining experiences overall that I've ever had). Some nice parks, great history, and well located for anything else you might want to do in Lower Manhattan (Ground Zero, SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, etc, etc)

I've stayed in some great hotels in Greenwich Village, and there's lots of things to do there. Great clubs and Restaurants (ate at "Commerce" about 10 days, ago, one of the best dining experiences overall that I've ever had). Some nice parks, great history, and well located for anything else you might want to do in Lower Manhattan (Ground Zero, SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown, etc, etc)

My guess is they were not in what is traditionally defined Greenwich Village. (Yes, I realize there is no precise definition.)

Maybe in the meatpacking district, maybe on the fringes of Chelsea or Tribeca or Soho, but not in Greenwich Village.

Archived