Princess benefits?

blondie1234

Sorry, it's the same way when I (4* on HAL) sailed on Princess a few months ago. My 'status' :rolleyes: on HAL meant nothing to Princess. Luckily I was traveling with someone who is the same Princess level as you. It works out well for us. She gets my 'perks' when we sail on HAL and I get hers when we sail on Princess. :cool: Don't worry, you'll have a great cruise anyway.

You will qualify as a 1-star Mariner on your first cruise. This will allow you to have lunch in the MDR on the first day (we skipped it) and will also get you an invite to the Mariner's luncheon (very nice). I never brought it to HAL's attention on our first cruise with them but apparently they knew as we never had to ask. The invitation to the Mariner's luncheon came a couple of days in to the cruise.

Sorry -- your days on Princess do not count for anything on HAL.

We are 5 Star on HAL and Elite on Princess.

Since you have cruised on the Ryndam in 2004, you will be invited to the Mariner's Brunch which is held near the end of the cruise. This is where you will get your ship tile.

Also, since you are a One Star Mariner, you do qualify for being to have lunch on Embarkation day in the main dining room.

A couple of years ago we received a promotion from Princess that stated. based on your days on HAL we will book you at Princess elite level (free internet; 500 minutes plus other benefits) if you book a cruise with Princess by ???.

A couple of years ago we received a promotion from Princess that stated. based on your days on HAL we will book you at Princess elite level (free internet; 500 minutes plus other benefits) if you book a cruise with Princess by ???.

That won't happen on HAL.

The only benefit you may get on HAL is a cheaper rate for a cabin -- but don't count on a big rate savings on HAL.

Even though of us who have hundreds of days on HAL don't get any special deals.

That won't happen on HAL.

The only benefit you may get on HAL is a cheaper rate for a cabin -- but don't count on a big rate savings on HAL.

Even though of us who have hundreds of days on HAL don't get any special deals.

Never say never !

We have recently received great deals on HAL including a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Statendam in October 2012 for $699/person plus government fees and $2450/person for a Veranda Suite on the Amsterdam, 14 day Alaska in July 2011.

Never say never !

We have recently received great deals on HAL including a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Statendam in October 2012 for $699/person plus government fees and $2450/person for a Veranda Suite on the Amsterdam, 14 day Alaska in July 2011.

Comgratulations -- good to read that some people are getting good deals.

You will qualify as a 1-star Mariner on your first cruise. This will allow you to have lunch in the MDR on the first day (we skipped it) and will also get you an invite to the Mariner's luncheon (very nice). I never brought it to HAL's attention on our first cruise with them but apparently they knew as we never had to ask. The invitation to the Mariner's luncheon came a couple of days in to the cruise.

We had the same experience on our 1st HAL cruise over Christmas. We are elite on Princess and had a 1-star Mariner logo on our cruise card for the Ryndam.

David

Archived