Speciality Restaurants on the Dawn

Cate M.

Have been reading reviews on restaurants on the Dawn and not happy with what I am reading. Some like the Le Bistro are connected to the Havana Club where you can have smoke pouring out the club and others are close to noise from the Atrium. What restaurant is recommended that my DH and I could have a quiet dinner without outside music noise? I would love an outside view of the ocean as well as the days will be longer when we are on board. Paying extra so want a special dining experience. I am also reading that people bring their babies to the speciality restaurants!

The Havana Club is totally closed in actually across the hall from LeBistro. You will not get any smoke smell but there is also no water view. Although Teppanyaki is not quiet but really fun! Cagney's does have views outside so I would recommend it. Another good option is Moderno but like you said, is not quiet atmosphere you are looking for but the food is good, and lots of it!! We have not seen but a few small children and they have never acted up. Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

Have been reading reviews on restaurants on the Dawn and not happy with what I am reading. Some like the Le Bistro are connected to the Havana Club where you can have smoke pouring out the club and others are close to noise from the Atrium. What restaurant is recommended that my DH and I could have a quiet dinner without outside music noise? I would love an outside view of the ocean as well as the days will be longer when we are on board. Paying extra so want a special dining experience. I am also reading that people bring their babies to the speciality restaurants!

Le Bistro is not connected to the Havana Club. There is a section of LeBistro outside the restaurant that opens into the lounge that with a piano player etc. This is also where the wine cellar is. We prefer the seating here. It is a small area with a few tables. You can still sit in LeBistro and have an ocean view.

Le Bistro has never been smokey, any time Ive been. And Cagney's isnt necessarily a clear water view.

And yes, *gasp* my husband and I have brought BOTH our daughters with us to specialty dining, since the very first cruise our first DD did for her first bday. Our last cruise our older daughter (3.5 at the time) mostly ate at the buffet and then went to kids club (her choice) and we took our *gasp* (again) SIX month old to Le Bistro, Cagney's, Moderno, Bamboo etc. She was very quiet, and youd never have known she was there had you not looked around to see her. Once at Moderno she got fussy and we left immediately. Any parent with common sense and courtesy will be managing their child appropriately and you should not be bothered...

On the Star last year (sister ship) I remember being in the Italian restaurant with a nice view of the sunset.... I think it's in the same place on the Dawn but could be wrong. We also had two meals in LeBistro and never had any smoke incidents- the poster who reported that was talking about smoke getting into Gatsby's which is outside of LeBistro- and then only when someone sat there with the door open.

My favorite is Bamboo .

We get a seat in the windows to the promenade .

It is a lot of fun people watching from there.

Folks pour out of the Stardust then fill the rails to listen to the piano player .

So nice to sit with a bottle of champagne and a stack of Banana pancakes with Coconut ice cream on top.:):):)

God forbid anyone take a baby to dinner! Eyeroll! We just got off the Jewel with our one year old, and there is no childcare for her age... so of course she went to dinner with us! And she didn't bother anyone...

OP , maybe you could have a romantic dinner for two delivered to your balcony? We do in suite dining often during a cruise and love it!

Then you are alone and have a ocean view!

Le Bistro is wonderful on the Dawn. There is absolutely no issue with smoke from the Havana Club. It is a completely separate room from where the cigar club is.

The bar area outside Le Bistro is called Gatsby's and we had no issues with cigar smoke there either. We sat within 6 feet of the door of the Havana Club every day and only once did I smell any whiff of smoke and that was when a large group exited the room so the door was open for a minute or two. The smell disapated almost immediately.

Le Bistro and La Cucina were my two favorite specialty restaurants. No ocean view from Le Bistro, there may be from La Cucina but it was dark so could not really tell but it did seem there were windows along one side of the restaurant.

Le Bistro is wonderful on the Dawn. There is absolutely no issue with smoke from the Havana Club. It is a completely separate room from where the cigar club is.

The bar area outside Le Bistro is called Gatsby's and we had no issues with cigar smoke there either. We sat within 6 feet of the door of the Havana Club every day and only once did I smell any whiff of smoke and that was when a large group exited the room so the door was open for a minute or two. The smell disapated almost immediately.

Le Bistro and La Cucina were my two favorite specialty restaurants. No ocean view from Le Bistro, there may be from La Cucina but it was dark so could not really tell but it did seem there were windows along one side of the restaurant.

Definitely an ocean view is available in LaCucina. Also, there is a corridor that runs along the windows that separates LeBistro but you can have a table along that corridor and still see the ocean. Also, had an ocean view (not close) from my seat at LeBistro in the wine cellar area.

Archived