Minimum taxi fare between Port Everglades and FLL?

PR Cruisers

• 1 month later...
This has been discussed a little, with no firm answer. I had the same situation- ours came to $12.80, just made it $15, including tip.

Do you mean the tip ($2.20) was part of the $15? Did you also give him anything for your luggage?

What happened was, when we sat in the cab, the driver said the minimum fare would be $15 to the airport. However, he also set the meter. The meter came to $12.80. Combining his statement of a minimum fare, the meter reading - including a standard tip, and our knowledge of what the fare should be, $15 was acceptable and appropriate.

We did the ride about 10 days ago and the fare with tip was $16, it never seems to vary by much more than a $1 or $2. The one thing that you have to watch is the driver starting the meter while loading your luggage. I noticed that now that the Deputy Sheriffs are back manning the cab line at the port this is less likely to happen.

Not to say that the taxi regulations haven't changed there, but the last time I looked (and I can't find the website again), the regulation is $10 minimum from Port Everglades, and $12 minimum from FLL ($10+ a $2 surcharge).

The taxi meter indicates $12 and change and the driver told me that the minimum was $15

The drivers sometimes tell passengers a lot of things. And sometimes it's not necessarily true.

This website should be up to date:

http://yellowcabbroward.com/fare.aspx

So a $10 minimum from Port Everglades, and a $12 minimum from FLL.

If you are going from your hotel to the Port Everglades, some hotels like the Renaissance are really close, only about 1 mile away. It's possible that your fare could be less than $10 in those cases.

The taxi drivers absolutely hate these short trips. But that's their problem not yours, and they shouldn't lie about minimum fares.

• 2 weeks later...

On Feb.9th, from the Port to the airport was $16.00 so I gave the driver a $20. I think it might also depend on the time it takes to get away from the Port and when we were picked up there were a ton of service vans delivering supplies to the ships and that tied up traffic.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

On Feb.9th, from the Port to the airport was $16.00 so I gave the driver a $20. I think it might also depend on the time it takes to get away from the Port and when we were picked up there were a ton of service vans delivering supplies to the ships and that tied up traffic.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

Don't laugh but in Maine where I live I never use taxis so will four people fit with luggage and all, and price be more for four?

We are going from ft lauderdale airport to port Everglades (oasis)

Thanks in advance..

Don't laugh but in Maine where I live I never use taxis so will four people fit with luggage and all, and price be more for four?

Thanks in advance..

Depends on how much luggage. A checked bag and a carry on per person? Probably not. But just get a van taxi and you will be fine.

Thanks in advance..

No extra for 4, the fare is by the car. The taxis tend to be Ford Crown Victorias with huge trunks so it will likely all fit even if carry-ons have to be on laps for the 7 min drive. Otherwise there is a smattering of mini-vans and SUV cabs that will handle you all but you may have to wait an extra few minutes for one.

I have had a Port Everglades taxi driver tell me "it's $20 flat rate" to the airport. Having made the trip many times I told him to turn on the meter. He balked at my suggestion until I said I was getting out of the cab.

He turned on the meter and tried to make nice on the way trying to secure his tip. Upon arrival the fare was $12. In a moment of weakness, I gave him a $4 tip.

I do feel for the drivers as they wait a long time for fares but they know most folks are just going to the airport 5 minutes away.

It's been a while since I have sailed out of Port Everglades and will be going again in March, I was wondering if they have a better system for getting a cab post cruise as the last time I sailed from there it was really quite chaotic with everyone just trying to flag down a cab. I hope it's better now. If anyone could tell me of recent experience I would very much appreciate it.

It's been a while since I have sailed out of Port Everglades and will be going again in March, I was wondering if they have a better system for getting a cab post cruise as the last time I sailed from there it was really quite chaotic with everyone just trying to flag down a cab. I hope it's better now. If anyone could tell me of recent experience I would very much appreciate it.

There were taxi stands and taxi dispatchers at or near each terminal, last time we were there.

When we did a cruise out of New Jersey, we did a van shuttle and were told one price, then upon getting to port he added 6.00 for tolls... Needed to say, I now say total cost for ride.. And we stopped at three hotels besides to pick up more passengers... He told us he was going right to the pier... And he was talking on his cell the whole time driving .. And his driving was not very good..

Thanks for any tips and suggestions.

I have had a Port Everglades taxi driver tell me "it's $20 flat rate" to the airport. Having made the trip many times I told him to turn on the meter. He balked at my suggestion until I said I was getting out of the cab.

He turned on the meter and tried to make nice on the way trying to secure his tip. Upon arrival the fare was $12. In a moment of weakness, I gave him a $4 tip.

I do feel for the drivers as they wait a long time for fares but they know most folks are just going to the airport 5 minutes away.

After many trips out of PE we had this happen also. I knew better, but since there were 4 of us we paid the 20 and he got no extra. So it was 10 Per couple,cheaper than each of us taking a cab. It was also a van so the luggage fit. They have vans for more than 2, just ask.

Archived