What not to miss in Marigot

This will be my first visit to Marigot. I am taking Bernard's Tour and will have 1 hour there to shop. Can you tell me about any souvenir shops, or pastry shops, etc? :confused: Also, I sometimes like to buy spices, maybe vanilla beans or vanilla, things for the kitchen. Are there any shops like that? Thanks :D

Last Wednesday at the Market our daughter purchased a beautiful handpainted coconut leaf. I have never seen this type of art before and it is really quite interesting. It was designed and made on the island. I purchased a sinch belt that was designed on island and made in Portugal. It is made out of seed beads and the buckle is beautifully painted.

Sarafina is always our last stop as we leave the island for home. Excellent for breakfast or lunch.

If athletic, hike the hike to the fort at the top of the hill is worth the trouble.

The open air market is fun, but not much of the fare is unique to St Martin.

Other than that, just wandering the shops is kind of cool.

Am enjoying the thread since we are currently in a condo about 10 min from Marigot (where we were this morning). Since we go there a few times a week we are hoping some of you experts can tell us what not to miss :). To quote DW about the market, "same o same o."

Hank

Archived