How to find price drop with new rates?

rccruiser06

So, I am booked and made final payment on feb 10th sailing on the pride out of Baltimore. How do I find any price drops? I booked ES and with the new rates, I'm beyond confused! It's just me and my kids sailing, so I don't really care about cabin location this time around. As long as we have a balcony room, we are good. Any advice? Would love to see some OB credit!!! Any help is appreciated!!!

Just keep checking the rates. DW and I booked ES a little over a year ago and have not seen a reduction, only a raising of the price. We never hope for a lowering of the price, but if it comes we will gladly take it.

If you booked Early Saver and the rate drops ... if you booked through a travel agency, must your travel agent submit the claim form or can you do it yourself? How long does it usually take for Carnival to confirm the onboard credit?

Thanks!

Have you sailed in one of these cabins? Can any of the french doors open (more than a couple inches)? Can you step out to any kind of balcony? What cabin number would you recommend? Would you choose a french door (cat 4K) or OV (6A) on the Miracle? The french door is $20.00 less for the 2 of us. Thanks

french door cabins give'you natural ight and fresh air.

ocean view only offers natural ight.

the doors'do open but you can not go outside. most cabins have an obstructed view of a lifeboat.

looking at the deck plans, deck 4 you can see the lifeboats and cabins that are located between the lifeboats. you take one of those for a better view.

avoid the first three lifeboats on either side.

I am confused. We booked an early saver and then the next day an onboard credit came out. We would have had $30. They would not honor it. I have tried to call several times, but waited on hold too long. I thought I would have gotten it for 2 reasons...the price protection and the 48 hour protection. I guess I need to call again.

Carnival's new rate structure is terribly confusing and you, arguably, need an advanced degree to figure it out. It is my understanding based on my discussions with Carnival that if you book early saver rates, you can not match them to super saver or instant saver fares. This seems to be confirmed by the fine print on Carnival's website... "Early Saver price protection does not apply to Super Saver and Instant Saver fares, group rates, membership programs, charters, select promotional fares, travel agent rebates, or other travel agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public." The headlines on the website imply that if you book early saver, then you are guaranteed the lowest fare. The fine print suggests that may not always be true.

If you booked Early Saver and the rate drops ... if you booked through a travel agency, must your travel agent submit the claim form or can you do it yourself? How long does it usually take for Carnival to confirm the onboard credit?

Thanks!

If you booked through a TA, they have to submit the form. Some TAs will charge you a fee to do this, negating the price drop. Just another excellent reason to avoid TAs.

I think carnival has set it up so that ES really doesn't matter anymore. Probably saves them a lot not having to grant OBC.

This is exactly true under the new fare structure. Once the final payment date passes, Carnival can effectively publish lower rates under the instant saver or super saver program, and those that booked early saver are left high and dry with no way to get a price adjustment/onboard credit.

Archived