Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

Great review as usual! We are planning on having dinner at Deanie's next month the night before our cruise. Based on one of your previous reviews we tried to go to Deanie's last year, but I had too many hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's beforehand and couldn't find the address/directions that I had in my purse so we wound up somewhere else.:o I'm thinking that seafood platter would be enough for 2 or 3 people to share, especially if you started with a salad or some gumbo. What do you think? Does Deanie's have any broiled seafood, or is their menu mostly fried? Have you tried their bread pudding and if so, how was that?

Thanks for taking the time to post all of the pictures and do such a thorough review. You are really helpful to so many people.

Donna

That's not a seafood platter - it's only fried shrimp, oysters, and catfish. :p

This is their seafood platter (with onion rings and some other stuff). Also available as a half.

1.gif

Never tried any of their desserts.

They have some broiled and also some boiled.

http://www.deanies.com/restaurants/dinner-menu/

You're welcome and thank you!

Where did you hear the shrimp cocktail is going away again? I hope it's wrong! I love that stuff!

I don't remember seeing it on the everyday menus John posted for the Blogger's cruise. Maybe it was just an accidental omission. It was still listed on the regular dinner menu for the first elegant night.

Now I know how to see if anyone is paying attention. :D

I am loving this review. The pictures are amazing. I'm a picture fanatic too, I love taking pictures of everything. I'm hopefully going to be going on the Conquest in April for my honeymoon, as soon as we get everything figured out. Your review is making me super excited for my trip. Can't wait for more. :)

I don't remember seeing it on the everyday menus John posted for the Blogger's cruise. Maybe it was just an accidental omission. It was still listed on the regular dinner menu for the first elegant night.

Now I know how to see if anyone is paying attention. :D

Keep us on our toes! :)

That's not a seafood platter - it's only fried shrimp, oysters, and catfish. :p

This is their seafood platter (with onion rings and some other stuff). Also available as a half.

1.gif

Never tried any of their desserts.

They have some broiled and also some boiled.

http://www.deanies.com/restaurants/dinner-menu/

OMG!! We probably won't make it too dessert either!

Do they still have their Mardi Gras/bead throwing party during the week? Last January when I cruised on the Conquest they had one on Tuesday night. But a friend just got back a week ago and told me they didn't have anything like that this time.

Excellent pictorial Sargent_Schultz. I especially like how you've included the before and after shots of the different areas of the ship.

I'd eventually like to try out one of the ships with the 2.0 upgrades. It looks like its been a pretty positive transformation. Much better than EOF was for the Fantasy Class, which caused more harm than good IMO.

The renovated bars don't do much for me, but I think I'll like the new burger counter and lido deck upgrades. Getting the hot tubs out of the center of the pool area makes it seem a lot more open.

I'm also getting really homesick for Carnival's Supper Club. RCI's "Chops" doesn't have anything on CCL in that particular area.

I am loving this review. The pictures are amazing. I'm a picture fanatic too, I love taking pictures of everything. I'm hopefully going to be going on the Conquest in April for my honeymoon, as soon as we get everything figured out. Your review is making me super excited for my trip. Can't wait for more. :)

Thank you!

and congratulations!

Thanks for posting!! Really like the comparison pics!

Nope. Only on ships that have received Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades, specifically an Alchemy Bar. Instead of ordering from the menu, you can just tell them what flavors you like and they will concoct a "prescription" cocktail for you.

Oh, wow, I didn't know the Alchemy Bar worked THAT way (although it makes a good bit of sense considering the 'prescription' format).

I'm not much of a drinker, but I'll have to give them a challenge -- "make something that doesn't taste much like alcohol and isn't a Midori Sour" -- next time I'm on a FunShip 2.0 cruise. :)

I see you received the quick dip version :D. Same as the Breeze ;)

Could be improved on DSC02262.jpg

This seems to vary by individual ship and by chef. I took the Behind the Fun tour on both Imagination and Liberty, and the evening following the tour CCL brings chocolate-covered strawberries to your cabin. I was startled at the amazing decoration job on Imagination -- the strawberries had been dipped and decorated like they were each wearing a tuxedo -- as compared to Liberty, where they'd just been dipped, none too tidily, in some chocolate.

Not a HUGE deal, as we appreciated the gesture both times, but FWIW, I'd noticed a more 'active' vibe in Imagination's kitchen and from her head chef than we did from Liberty's. (Our MDR service also followed a similar route. :eek: )

Do they still have their Mardi Gras/bead throwing party during the week? Last January when I cruised on the Conquest they had one on Tuesday night. But a friend just got back a week ago and told me they didn't have anything like that this time.

I don't recall anything like that on our recent Conquest cruise. I have seen them in the past. I'll try to remember to check the Fun Times.

{Just skimmed them and I don't see anything - however, Mardi Gras is coming up soon, so??? }

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

Excellent pictorial Sargent_Schultz. I especially like how you've included the before and after shots of the different areas of the ship.

I'd eventually like to try out one of the ships with the 2.0 upgrades. It looks like its been a pretty positive transformation. Much better than EOF was for the Fantasy Class, which caused more harm than good IMO.

The renovated bars don't do much for me, but I think I'll like the new burger counter and lido deck upgrades. Getting the hot tubs out of the center of the pool area makes it seem a lot more open.

I'm also getting really homesick for Carnival's Supper Club. RCI's "Chops" doesn't have anything on CCL in that particular area.

Thank you!

I like EOF but it was more limited. Especially like Serenity areas that were added. :)

I don't think I even got a drink at any of the bars on this cruise, but obviously some did really enjoy them.

On the hot tubs, one of the things they did was remove a lot of the lounge chairs around the middle pool and that really opens things up. Also makes it easier to police for chair hogs.