$37.44 per day (per person) - trans-Atlantic

DaveOKC

Mike and I have been getting these emails for a couple of years now. When you fill out the survey on the last day, fill in your email address at the bottom.

About an hour ago I opened my inbox to an amazing offer for a few cruises.

Mike is calling our TA at 9:01 a.m. tomorrow morning. :D

We always fill in our email address. Still never had an email:(

We always fill in our email address. Still never had an email:(

I'm the same way. I'm sure people think it's something that we are not doing right or not providing. It's happening to many of us so clearly it's who HAL is or isn't marketing to. I truly believe it has something to do with if you have a cruise booked or not and how many stars you are. My friend that has been on one cruise with HAL and has nothing booked is getting offers/prices that I'm not getting as a 4 star.

My sister and I booked the Rotterdam to Rotterdam last spring because of the super cheap price and thought we didn't have much to lose if we didn't have a good time,and it was a cheap way to see the tulips in Holland. It was one of the best cruises I have been on, we brought on enough wine to keep us happy, the weather was great, and the staff was so friendly. And they did have the white chair covers on the first formal night! It's a real bargain if you have the time. We toured Holland for 10 days, and then jumped on another ship and sailed to Norway for 7 days and then flew home from Amsterdam. It was a great vacation.

It is very likely that HAL doesn't market flash sales to those who they know will pay higher prices. ;) It is a customer service axiom that it is many times more expensive to get a new customer than to keep an old one. Part of that price in the cruise business is offering lower prices to customers they don't know they have "in the bag".

We all know we pay higher prices for everything if we don't shop around every time the contract comes up for renewal -- insurance, phone service, cable/sattelite tv, probably even your DOCTOR! And yet we remain loyal to the companies we've done business with for years, expecting the same loyalty in return. Unfortunately, that usually (almost never) is the way it works. If we, as old customers, don't like paying the higher prices we have to do the work to shop around.

Archived