$37.44 per day (per person) - trans-Atlantic

DaveOKC

I saw a recent topic on $49.99 per day cabins and now just got an email from HAL on two different sailings (Ryndam and Nordam) in March, each for $599 for a 16 day cruise. Of course that is for inside cabins and the lowest category, but I noticed on the Nordam sailing the cost of a deluxe suite was only $156.19 per day. Prices are per person of course, but still a heck of a bargain IMO.

You cannot even dine for $37.33 per day on a typical vacation!

DaveOKC

No, no, no... the toilets won't actually be working.

The public toilets will all be closed and the pools will all be getting repaired AND the spa will be closed for "cleaning".

No deck sales and the dessert extravaganza will consist of some green apples and a moldy strawberry.

For $34.00 per day you can't stay in the worst Motel 6.

They're going to move the ship anyway, so why not take along a few passengers to help offset some of the costs?

It's a win win for everyone.

On the other hand, for those passengers for whom money is not an issue and for whom an elegant and refined experience is paramount, this may not be for them.

Point is, there's something in the cruise industry for almost everyone these days...and that's a good thing.

IMO

For $34.00 per day you can't stay in the worst Motel 6.

They're going to move the ship anyway, so why not take along a few passengers to help offset some of the costs?

It's a win win for everyone.

On the other hand, for those passengers for whom money is not an issue and for whom an elegant and refined experience is paramount, this may not be for them.

Point is, there's something in the cruise industry for almost everyone these days...and that's a good thing.

IMO

Agree it is a win win situtation, but why would the experience not be "elegant and refined"

Our we back to idea because fares are lower not "cheap" HAL will purposely lower their standards?

It just seems that, to some, the more you pay the better the service and class of people

You are correct there is something for everyone and it is the individual's choice as to where they wiil go and what they will spend

I do not mean this is your opinion but more and more it seems to be creeping into many of the posts

I saw a recent topic on $49.99 per day cabins and now just got an email from HAL on two different sailings (Ryndam and Nordam) in March, each for $599 for a 16 day cruise. Of course that is for inside cabins and the lowest category, but I noticed on the Nordam sailing the cost of a deluxe suite was only $156.19 per day. Prices are per person of course, but still a heck of a bargain IMO.

DaveOKC

Dave-how do you get these emails? I've signed up but never get anything.

That sure sounds like a great deal alright.

Agree it is a win win situtation, but why would the experience not be "elegant and refined"

Our we back to idea because fares are lower not "cheap" HAL will purposely lower their standards?

It just seems that, to some, the more you pay the better the service and class of people

You are correct there is something for everyone and it is the individual's choice as to where they wiil go and what they will spend

I do not mean this is your opinion but more and more it seems to be creeping into many of the posts

I could be wrong, but I took this thread in the spirit of being tongue in cheek. There have been other threads recently postulating HAL would reduce service because of the low fares offered on TA crossings, and about people bringing their own food on board because they weren't satisfied with HALs offerings. The tuna fish thread is quite entertaining.

...and, toilets! *:rolleyes:

And not only will we have to clean the toilets, but I'm sure the A/C won't be working either!

Dave-how do you get these emails? I've signed up but never get anything.

That sure sounds like a great deal alright.

I've never had one either, in spite of signing up several times:rolleyes: Must be because we're Canucks:D

Mike and I have been getting these emails for a couple of years now. When you fill out the survey on the last day, fill in your email address at the bottom.

About an hour ago I opened my inbox to an amazing offer for a few cruises.

Mike is calling our TA at 9:01 a.m. tomorrow morning. :D

DaveOKC

Hope this include port charges and taxes...but anyway I beat you...$525.00 for 15 days TA, so $35.00 ppd...all included, and I took it...very great cruise.

Archived