Birth Certicate for Kids

RADGIRL80

Hi,

We are taking our daughter (6 yo) on her first cruise in Feb. We are going on the Epic. Both my husband and I have passports. My daughter does not. I have an official state issued birth certificate for her. That's ok, correct? She does not have a picture ID. I just wanted to make sure we will have no problems when we go! Thanks!

We used that for our daughters first 2 cruises and broke down and got her a passport for this last cruise a few weeks ago. As long as you are doing a closed loop cruise, you can use the b/c. Although you will hear from the people that tell you that you NEED a passport incase you got left behind on the island by missing the ship or needed to fly home in case of an emergency. But it's not required just for the cruise. :)

where are you going? if it's a closed circuit cruise it's ok, if not or if it starts overseas it will not work.

and yes if you miss the ship in a port or new to leave the ship for medical attention you can't get back to the USA without a passport.

Thanks so much for your help! This is a closed loop cruise going to the E carrib. We don't plan on getting back late to the ship because we will have our young child with us, so I'm not concerned about getting left behind.

I read on the NCL website that kids under 16 don't need a picture ID. I just wanted to make sure of this! My daughter would be absolutely heartbroken if we couldn't go because of lack of passport!

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your help! This is a closed loop cruise going to the E carrib. We don't plan on getting back late to the ship because we will have our young child with us, so I'm not concerned about getting left behind.

I read on the NCL website that kids under 16 don't need a picture ID. I just wanted to make sure of this! My daughter would be absolutely heartbroken if we couldn't go because of lack of passport!

Thanks again!

I've taken my under 16 year old kids on two cruises with just their birth certs, your 6 year old will have a blast!

We did a closed-loop from NYC in November and only used birth certificates for our two daughters (15 & 11). It was fine and they only make you sign a form indicating that you're aware if you ever had to fly home from a port of call in the event of an emergency, the children wouldn't be able to fly without valid passports.

Archived