Photographers?

Canuckdoc

There is a photographer on the Silver Explorer. He/She goes out on the zodiacs, taking candid shots of the passengers and usually great shots of the wildlife and scenery. They then sell the DVD at the end of the cruise.

The only photos I have seen taken in the dining room were by passengers.

Is there photographers aboard the ship? - I've never been a fan of the intrusive, interrupting dinner/conversations to flash you...

But we like the portraits/studio options...

Are these on board of Silversea?

After years and years of photographers on our other cruises with Celebrity and Holland America it was a bit of a surprise that there weren't any on the Wind. Guess we just got used to the idea but then again we really didn't miss the continual pressure. We took over 4,000 pictures during our three weeks of pre cruise, cruise, and post cruise vacations so it wasn't like we needed more. The crew on the Wind was more than happy to snap the few pictures we wanted of us on the ship. :)

After years and years of photographers on our other cruises with Celebrity and Holland America it was a bit of a surprise that there weren't any on the Wind. Guess we just got used to the idea but then again we really didn't miss the continual pressure. We took over 4,000 pictures during our three weeks of pre cruise, cruise, and post cruise vacations so it wasn't like we needed more. The crew on the Wind was more than happy to snap the few pictures we wanted of us on the ship. :)

Super well summarized on "didn't miss the continual pressure". We don't like being "hustled" on our VACATION. It's our time for enjoyment. On our Silver Cloud sailing along Norway coast and other cruises, I have taken lots of pictures for my memories and enjoyment. Most of the posed pictures and/or standing with the Captain shots are not exactly the type of thing that our son, his wife and/or two young grandsons really want hanging up in their homes, etc. What's the point on some of ship pictures that they push?

Plus, with today's digital cameras and what we can do with pictures on our laptops, Internet sharing, etc., the old practice of ship photo packages don't mean what they used to be and do.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 91,790 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 114,462 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Silversea employed a studio photographer for a short time, many years ago. He was only in the hall outside the Restaurant during dinner hours (my husband and I actually had a very nice portrait taken) and didn't roam the decks during the daytime. But I agree that this isn't what Silversea's passengers really want, so the practice didn't last long. You can board secure in the knowledge that there are no photographers.

Archived