Royal docks in Havensite or Golden bay St. Thomas

the kids

Does anyone know if the Royal Princess will dock in Havensite in St.Thomas. Was on the Allure in December and we had to dock in Golden bay which is not as nice as Havensite.

Thanks

Never heard of Golden Bay.

Its Crown Bay and thats where Princess docks the majority of the time. :)

Although the official schedule for St. Thomas isn't available yet it is a safe bet to say that Royal Princess will dock at Crown Bay. I was looking at cruisetimetables and she will be in port on the same day as Allure of the Seas, so it will be interesting to have roughly 10,000 people coming and going there at the one pier. On the day I am there in December there will only be five ships including the Norwegian Epic. It should be fun.

Although the official schedule for St. Thomas isn't available yet it is a safe bet to say that Royal Princess will dock at Crown Bay. I was looking at cruisetimetables and she will be in port on the same day as Allure of the Seas,

I thought when Oasis and Allure entered service, they had to

dock at Crown Bay; and if one of them were there, Princess went

to Havensite. I also thought they couldn't have two grand class

ships at Crown Bay...

ships at Crown Bay...

If this is true then I'd be tickled to death! Last month on Ruby Princess we docked at Crown Bay and I did a tour to St. John, so I never made it to downtown Charlotte Amalie. If Royal Princess docks at Havensite it will make it easier for me to get to the gondola ride to Paradise Point then go downtown and spend the day. Yea! :D

ships at Crown Bay...

Dunno about that... last time we were at Crown Bay on the Crown Princess, the Celebrity Solstice docked next to us and she's a larger ship than the Crown-class...

5341037095_f55d0dcfec_z.jpg

St.Thomas 055 by RickEk, on Flickr

Crown Bay can hold two large ships. Oasis/Allure always dock there because they can't get into Havensite due to various groups blocking needed dredging at the latter. I guess same reason for the QM2.

We were at Crown Bay with the Allure in 2011 and felt that it was not close to Havensite as a port in many areas. Overall slightly rundown feeling which is strange for a much newer facility.

Crown Bay can hold two large ships. Oasis/Allure always dock there because they can't get into Havensite due to various groups blocking needed dredging at the latter. I guess same reason for the QM2.

We were at Crown Bay with the Allure in 2011 and felt that it was not close to Havensite as a port in many areas. Overall slightly rundown feeling which is strange for a much newer facility.

We also were at Crown Bay with Allure Dec.2012Not a pretty place compared to Havensight.People get off their ship and get into taxi cabs to go into town. Do you think Princess home office has the answer where they intend to dock.

We also were at Crown Bay with Allure Dec.2012Not a pretty place compared to Havensight.People get off their ship and get into taxi cabs to go into town. Do you think Princess home office has the answer where they intend to dock.

They have a 10 year contract for Crown Bay.

Archived