Is FTTF worth it?

Newbie41

I am thinking about purchasing this for our upcoming cruise but I have a few questions. We will be taking the Carnival shuttle from Houston to Galveston and we don't anticipate being at the cruise terminal before noon. The option Carnival gives online says it is for boarding between 11am and noon. The only reason I would consider this option is because I anticipate very long lines around the time we arrive but if they enforce the times that they have posted on this pass will we just be wasting the money if we get there after noon?

Just got back from the Magic...FTTF was best $50 I have spent cruising. Skipped all the lines at check in, and boarded immediately after Weddings, Platinum and Diamond. Room was ready and luggage waiting when we got on. Was zone 1 for debarkation, which normally I would not have thought would be that big of a deal, but due to some kind of customs issue there was a big mess at debarkation, I was at the parking lot and leaving at 11am and most on the ship still behind.

I was sure I was not going to purchase FTTF. I live close to port and we always arrive by 10am and on board shortly after. However after witnessing the mess on the webcam the Magic had this past Sun it got me and hubby thinking. The cruise before us sails to Belize. If there is a hold up we don't want to be standing in lines with kids. We are traveling with another family and if there is a problem I would love to either be on as soon as boarding starts or be able to wait and feed the kids then board. If it were me and hubby I would pass but because we will have 5 kids with us we decided to purchase.

I am thinking about purchasing this for our upcoming cruise but I have a few questions. We will be taking the Carnival shuttle from Houston to Galveston and we don't anticipate being at the cruise terminal before noon. The option Carnival gives online says it is for boarding between 11am and noon. The only reason I would consider this option is because I anticipate very long lines around the time we arrive but if they enforce the times that they have posted on this pass will we just be wasting the money if we get there after noon?

I think they just have to put a time on it. I think you can get there whenever. I plan to be there at 10 and we have FTTF.

On my next cruise I plan on sacrificing a few DOD's for FTF because my DH will be a newbie and I don't want to him to have a reason to not cruise again!:D I want him to be like "OMG that was so easy to get on, so easy to get off let's do it again".....he's not high maintenance as a Navy guy but I would get big props for no lines. I probably wouldn't tell him that I had to pay extra for it though:p

On my last 3 cruises, I don't think we waited long since we usually got to port about 11am and always self-debarked as soon as they let us but Tendering in Belize on the first cruise would have been helpful to have FTF to not wait in those crazy tender lines.

I would definitely do it if I had small children too.

Funny, I think most military men can do without lines!

I think it would be a good thing for families with small children.

I am trying this in April, mainly because we will have a tender port.

I am going to purchase it. Its $49.99 for all in the cabin...not each person in the cabin. I think $50 is worth all the benefits. I hate lines. I am a impatient person by nature. I love the title...Faster to the Fun! Thats what I need. I want to be in my cabin, unpacking and getting my party started!

We used FTTF on our Destiny cruise last October. It wa the first cruise they offered it and the window to book it was only a few days before the cruise. Arriving at the Miami port was a quick check in we arrived at 10am or so. We were shown to the no line check in counter and got our S&S cards and within 30 minutes boarding. There was a problem with 2 of our S&S cards. We had 2 cabins each cabin had FTTF. One person from each cabin cards would not ding. The other three people with us worked fine. The 2 that didn't work had to wait about 45min on the ship at the end of the gangway with secruity. Once we got on board we went straight to our cabins, luggage was there and cabin was ready. The short line at guest services was great.

We are booked another cruise and the end of April, I asked my husband if he wanted to do FTTF again, even though there were a few problems, he does and we did. I do like that we can get on board, and leave our carry ons in the room before gettting lunch. The shorter lines as guest services is also a plus. We don't drink and never spend a lot on board, because there isn't much we would want to spend it on. I think the $50 is worth it especailly if you have to tender. I think everyone has to deceide it getting to your room faster, getting your luggage faster and shorter lines at Guest Services is worth it to you.

We did FTTF on Triumph, although we sail in an OS cabin and have priority boarding & disembark it was still worth it to get into our cabin and receive the luggage right away. As we were walking down the hall to the cabin the luggage was coming towards us...yea!!!

We will definitely do it again:)

We did FTTF on our Liberty cruise last November and it was definately one of the best things we did in preparation for our cruise! We got on quickly, went straight to our room (no hauling drinks around). I used the VIP/FTTF line a few times and no wait EVER! I would totally do this on any cruises i sail on until i become platinum.

I can't find how to book it, can you tell me?

Go under shore excursions. Click on FTTF and click on "everyone" in the room. Go to check out, edit everyone's but one person..

you should only be charge $49.95 for each cabin and not per person. You will be need to pay right away.

Cathy

by the way....if you have minors in your second cabin, or if that second cabin is linked to your sign and sail card, you only have to purchase it ONCE. for both cabins.

And yes, I book it every time now....and I will until I'm platinum and dont need it anymore. ;)

I was telling my sister about FTTF today, still trying to get her to join us on this cruise. I told her I mostly bought it because we're flying in on a red eye that morning, and will be tired, and I was afraid if I had to lug my carry on all over the ship I'd be crabby or forget it somewhere.

She said it sounded fabulous, and wished it were available on cruises she had taken.

I can hardly wait for April to try it out!

Sunday we got to Port Canaveral around 1:30, I was making my first Jack & Coke in my room with my luggage around 2:15.

It's 10:23, we're off the ship (self debark), back in the truck from CPPC, just left Kennedy Space Center, and almost to Daytona. Longest line today didn't stop, and was MAYBE 2 minute wait.

All this without FTTF. $200 saved.

So if I have my kids in their own cabin (ages 17 & 15) I don't need to buy it for them?

I just spoke with my Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival yesterday on this very issue and he told me that it's one per state room. I asked him what if the other room are my kids and I couldnt board without them. He said they would still have to have one too. He did say sometimes it would depend upon who you get to check you in but he couldnt guarantee you they would be nice and just let them board with you without one bought for their cabin. So to be on the safe side I made sure to get them one too. It's only 50.00 and from what i'm reading well worth the money spent. We'll see in about a week!

by the way....if you have minors in your second cabin, or if that second cabin is linked to your sign and sail card, you only have to purchase it ONCE. for both cabins.

And yes, I book it every time now....and I will until I'm platinum and dont need it anymore. ;)

Sorry, that is totally incorrect. One ticket per cabin. Every cabin.

We used FTTF in January on the Dream and it was totally worth it. We walked right by a long line of people and got sent to a faster security line also. I would say it was worth it just for tendering in Belize. In addition I had to get a few things resolved and not having to wait in a 100 person deep line the first day was nice. It was also nice to have our room ready and luggage delivered within 10 minutes of being in our room. We got everything unpacked and organized a few hours before the muster drill. I heard people complaining at 8:00 that night because they didn't have their luggage still.

Our next cruise is going to Belize and Grand Cayman which are both tender ports and I look forward to actually getting off the ship at a decent time.

This post is great and actually helps to shed some light on things considering you got info first hand and relayed it. It's the last part with the emoticon that I don't understand. I never said the system they use to control it was a conspiracy. I said I couldn't find any particulars on it other than a statement that it is "limited." And so, when I asked the person who posted those numbers where the numbers came from, she never replied. I also said that I think the people who can get this are lucky, and that I would have done it too had it been available before I became platinum. So not sure why you got twisted over it.

It's just that I've seen a lot of posts on CC making it sound like it was a big mystery, some sort of conspiracy to completely disenfranchise the VIP folks...and it's not. I apologize for mis-reading your post (or lumping it in with lots of others on F2F). There is a LOT of confusion about the program, even now.

I have to think (and always thought when first started reading about this), that this is not limited to a ceiling of 30 cabins max, as the other poster stated. And this in fact seems to be the case based upon what you have posted.

I have yet to hear anyone on CC report more than 30 slots being sold for any sailing. Still, I suppose there's always a possibility it could be done, on a cruise with VERY few diamonds and plats.

Seems worth it for tenders.

I have never had an issue with de-embarkation, though. If we wanted to get off the ship, we got off the ship. There's been times where I've been driving, and we weren't going to have breakfast, that I've been off before 8AM.

Bought it and cant wait to use it on our next cruise!!! My kids travel with formula supplements and per policy all of it is a carry-on. With 4 cases of formula (24 cans/case) is a pain so having the cabin ready will be awesome!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

I have a question about the priority dining in the MDR. We booked late...booked yesterday actually for our March 17th sailing on the Legend. I was super suprised to see that there were 2 FTF packages left! We have 12 year old twins so we like th early dining. We were waitlisted because we booked so late... will we get pushed to the front of the waitlisted people for access to early dining due to the priority dining with FTF?