Is FTTF worth it?

Newbie41

Is there any point to purchasing this for a ship like the Valor? The cruise leaves so late at night, and there are no tender ports, I'm just not sure there is really any benefits....am I missing anything?

Is there any point to purchasing this for a ship like the Valor? The cruise leaves so late at night, and there are no tender ports, I'm just not sure there is really any benefits....am I missing anything?

Hmmm... well you might be right but with the ship arriving at 7am I bet you can get on the ship by about noon and you would then be able to use the FTTF to go directly to your room, drop off carry-ons and if needed wait for your checked luggage. You can then hop back off to explore San Juan and beat the crowds waiting to get into their room. If it is later, say after 3pm then it might not be worth it for embarkation but disembarkation could be a plus depending on travel plans.

Have a wonderful cruise and Oh, also you have can use the P/D line at the purser's desk (I think).

We are sailing on the Paradise 9/2. I have purchased FTTF. Can we go and have a leisurely breakfast before we disembark at say 9:30 (appr) and not have to wait? We are spending the day at the aquarium which I'm sure doesn't open before 10AM. We don't need zone1, but it would be nice not to have to wait.

Hmmm... well you might be right but with the ship arriving at 7am I bet you can get on the ship by about noon and you would then be able to use the FTTF to go directly to your room, drop off carry-ons and if needed wait for your checked luggage. You can then hop back off to explore San Juan and beat the crowds waiting to get into their room. If it is later, say after 3pm then it might not be worth it for embarkation but disembarkation could be a plus depending on travel plans.

Have a wonderful cruise and Oh, also you have can use the P/D line at the purser's desk (I think).

Thank you for your opinion...we are flying out the day after the cruise...so no rush for us at all...I'm sure I will buy it on the next cruise...seems like most people are happy they got it

I'm really thinking about purchasing this mainly because as a solo cruiser, I have to drag my stuff everywhere with me. The fact that I can board early, place my carry ons in my cabin and enjoy an early lunch is very appealing.

I'm really thinking about purchasing this mainly because as a solo cruiser, I have to drag my stuff everywhere with me. The fact that I can board early, place my carry ons in my cabin and enjoy an early lunch is very appealing.

Yes it is appealing , see I had a suite son V.I.P already came with it so I didn't have to purchased it, and when we got to the port and found out we didn't have to wait , I was happy because the lines to check your bags in was so long. But Im going to purchase FTTP for my next cruise

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We are sailing on the Paradise 9/2. I have purchased FTTF. Can we go and have a leisurely breakfast before we disembark at say 9:30 (appr) and not have to wait? We are spending the day at the aquarium which I'm sure doesn't open before 10AM. We don't need zone1, but it would be nice not to have to wait.

The aquarium opens at 9:30 everyday. You may want your zone one because foreigners that need to clear immigration have caused late embarkation and debarkation both times I have sailed from Tampa. Not Carnival's fault but immigration is done on board prior to letting anyone off the ship.

The aquarium opens at 9:30 everyday. You may want your zone one because foreigners that need to clear immigration have caused late embarkation and debarkation both times I have sailed from Tampa. Not Carnival's fault but immigration is done on board prior to letting anyone off the ship.

That's good to know - Thanks! This is our first time leaving from Tampa.

I just purchased FTTF for my upcoming cruise.

I the main draw is being able to arrive, go to the cabin and place my items in it, enjoy a lunch before the mass wave of people get on, check my table and take a nap before drill.

For a solo cruiser, reasonable to me. But I will report back on how well it works!

I saw where someone who put their review in the shore excursion section said that the thing they loved about fttf was going to the front of the line at the dining room with Your Time dining. Is this true? I was not aware that this was a perk with fttf. Anyone know?

Teri

Hi,

I was reading about FTTF, and it sounds like a good idea. Our ship leaves at 4 PM, but I would like to get on it as early as possible. I've also heard that boarding in Miami is a nightmare, so anything that would make it easier would be great. If I purchase FTTF am I really guaranteed early entry to the ship.

As other posts have stated, it's really your call on if it's worth it for you. I am going to purchase it for my husband and I leaving from New Orleans on March 30, 2014. My husband is blind in one eye, and because his handicap is not noticeable, sometimes people will push ahead of him while in line, and he also has a hard time seeing (steps up & down), so I feel it is better for us to purchase the FTTF so that we can board in peace. I even called and asked if those with disabilities can board early without the FTTF and they said no. I also like getting our luggage early as well. I am not one for sail away parties, so I would prefer to be in our cabin putting things away.

We just got off on the Ecstasy..June 13th..Great ship and Great times. However we did purchase FTTF, was disappointed. We arrived at Port at 11, processed through and boarded right away no lines anywhere (they were calling boarding #5). They main reason for purchasing FTTF was going straight to the room (which we did) and getting our luggage right away, for that reason none of the kids carried bathing suits. We found our luggage with everyone elses luggage down the hall on a luggage cart around 2:30 so we gathered it ourselves......Did not need it at Half Moon Cay we had an excursion.....We got to use it at Disembarkation that was quick and painless...........

We did get a call on day 3 asking us what we thought of FTTF from the front desk. We told them about the luggage mess up and we got a full refund.

This is not a complaint about FTTF just our experience . We will probably use it again , It could be helpful , it just didnt work for us, but all in all it worked out.

I saw where someone who put their review in the shore excursion section said that the thing they loved about fttf was going to the front of the line at the dining room with Your Time dining. Is this true? I was not aware that this was a perk with fttf. Anyone know?

Teri

Yes while they was a line me and my guest jumped right to the front. It's wonderful and I love it

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Teri

Yes while they was a line me and my guest jumped right to the front. It's wonderful and I love it

While this may happen from time to time it is NOT a "perk" of FTTF. It has been mistaken by some crew but again I would not try it on most ships as it you will be told no. If you are on a ship that has Yourtime dining and a specific dining time in the same dining room there will be 2 lines and you would be able to bypass the specific time dining but that's it. The Dream last year and the Fascination last month did not do this and I actually heard a very loud complaint from a passenger trying to "jump" the line on the Dream... they were mad, the line was mad, it was almost a riot! The next night a sign was up that FTTF, P/D did NOT get to go to the front of the line.

I realize that FTTF will allow you to debark earlier than others, but will it allow you to debark at any time that you want? For example, could I choose to debark at 9:00AM - 10:00AM since I have no reason to be at the airport for an early flight back home?

I realize that FTTF will allow you to debark earlier than others, but will it allow you to debark at any time that you want? For example, could I choose to debark at 9:00AM - 10:00AM since I have no reason to be at the airport for an early flight back home?

We had FTTF and had number 3 disembarkation. We were like you and had a late flight. I went to customer service and told them we wished for a later number as we had no reason to leave early. They issued us 27. It worked out well for us. Our number was called about 9:15.

As far as the total FTTF package, I have not read most earlier posts, but from our aspect, it did not live up to expectations. Really, I think we were told wrong by the landside person that we purchased it from and her lack of really knowing all about FTTF. My main reason was to get luggage early. I was told by the landside person that my luggage was guaranteed to be in my cabin by noon as well as us getting in our cabin by noon. Well, about 3:00 and the luggage arrived. Upon talking to customer service on the ship, it is only guaranteed by 4:00. Oh well, live and learn.

We also had no tender ports so we were not able to utilize that perk. Still not sure i even that would make it worth it for us.

Tim

Edited by HB Cruiser

• 8 months later...

Absolutely worth every penny. Walked through the special line up, boarded right after the Platinum or whatever fancy colours they were and was having lunch on the Lido deck by 1:30, bags were at our room by 2.30 , walked off the ship when we wanted a week later. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Only used the "priority line" at customer service once but boy did we get the stink eye from the long line up :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased it for our upcoming cruise for the following reasons:

1. We like to get on board early and will now be able to enjoy our morning in Miami without feeling like we have to rush to the port to be at the front of the line. Then sit and wait for an hour for our turn to get on.

2. Being able to drop off our bags when we get on means we can both get lunch when we get on, instead of taking turns watching the carry-on. I will also be more likely to bring on soft drinks, which I usually skip due to the inconvenience. And it will be nice to be able to walk up and down stairs without the carry-on bumping behind or waiting for an elevator.

3. Embarkation day is MY BIRTHDAY!! :)

I get OBC for being a stockholder and use that as "mad money" each cruise..... so this was my "mad money" purchase this time. We'll see if it is worth being a normal purchase each time.

I purchased it for our upcoming cruise for the following reasons:

1. We like to get on board early and will now be able to enjoy our morning in Miami without feeling like we have to rush to the port to be at the front of the line. Then sit and wait for an hour for our turn to get on.

2. Being able to drop off our bags when we get on means we can both get lunch when we get on, instead of taking turns watching the carry-on. I will also be more likely to bring on soft drinks, which I usually skip due to the inconvenience. And it will be nice to be able to walk up and down stairs without the carry-on bumping behind or waiting for an elevator.

3. Embarkation day is MY BIRTHDAY!! :)

I get OBC for being a stockholder and use that as "mad money" each cruise..... so this was my "mad money" purchase this time. We'll see if it is worth being a normal purchase each time.

Ditto, minus the birthday:o

We were not able to get it last year, but got lucky this year, when they opened up 20 spots a week after booking.

I just really like the fact that we can go directly to our stateroom and drop off the luggage. Nothing worse than hauling those bags around, while trying to get lunch.:rolleyes:

Also, the early debarkation on the last day, is HUGE for us this year.

We are on the Breeze out of Miami, and have a 10:55 flight out of FLL.:eek:

I am not too worried, as last year, we got to the FLL airport by 9....

Hoping for that same experience this year.:D

We don't have any tender ports.

However, the short FTTF line at Guest Services, is HUGE.

We'll see.....

Just used FTTF on our Carnival Dream cruise. It wasn't as worth it this year as last but I am still glad we got it.

On the way to the ship the bridge got stuck so we were delayed getting to the terminal. Once there we found that there were no lines in the regular check in and they had started general boarding so FTTF didn't get us on any quicker.

We did get to go straight to our cabin when we boarded and drop off our stuff. So it was definitely worth it just for that.

I went to guest services twice and both times there were long lines but with the priority line I didn't have to wait.

We got our luggage pretty early - definitely before the other people on our hall.

No tenders so we didn't need it for that.

We got category 2 for our debarkation so that was good.

I wish they would add a line for FTTF for anytime dining guests.

All in all I was glad I had FTTF and would most likely do it again.