Live (at the time) Review 12 night Canada/New England on Brilliance 10/22/12-11/3/12

ace1zoe2

This has been a great review with awesome pictures. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. Enjoy your next cruise and hopefully you will do another review. You are so good at it......:D

Thanks again.

Gwen :)

Thanks Gwen! I am planning a review for my Alaska Cruise Tour as that is another type of itinerary I couldn't find a lot of reviews for.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for continuing to follow along on my LONG review. I'm finally finished. Hope everyone enjoyed.

I did! We did the 7 night round trip out of Boston, and I am really jonesing to do the 12-nighter. I love Quebec City! Your pictures and narrative are just great. :)

Edited by critterchick

Day 15

Friday, November 2, 2012

IMG_5488_zps1264cc12.jpg

PB021076_zpsab00aea1.jpg

Really great shots of the statue!

I didn't think anyone was still using compact flash cards. which is why they are hard to find and expensive. Even in Manhattan.

B & H photo on 34th and Ninth is the mecca for finding anything unusual and the shopping experience there is unique with merchandise zooming around the store on the elevated power conveyor system. Not open Friday night and all day Saturday.

More views from the top of the ESB

...>>>SNIP<<<...

IMG_5598_zps57e78e37.jpg

If you look to the right of this picture you can just make out the Brooklyn tower of the Brooklyn Bridge. The bridge at the center of the photo is the Manhattan Bridge and the unseen bridge just out of site to the left is the Williamsburg Bridge, the three lower Manhattan bridges connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Any of these bridges are impressive when looking at them from street level. They are all at least a century old and feed traffic right into local streets, built way before highways and, in the case of the Brooklyn Bridge, before the automobile was even invented.

And they are huge and high. I have an elderly wealthy client who lives in one of the apartment towers next to the Manhattan Bridge and when I go to see her for my summer visit we always sit on her terrace and watch the cars, trucks and BMT subway trains on the bridge roadway at our eye level. Impressive.

Edited by The Big Booper

This is easily one of the best photo essays I have ever seen on cruise critic or anywhere. I now remember you from the night of the Halloween party, a couple darting around the dance floor taking lots of quick shots, while DW and I held our staked out position next to the dance floor.

Wow! What a comprehensive review. I just spent a couple hours reading it. Your photography is wonderful. You planned your trip really well and timed it for the fall colours.

Because of all that you had a memorable trip.

I often answer questions about Sydney, Halifax, Charlottetown and Quebec and will be referring to this from now on.

Someone commented on the deep blue sky in some photos. That is what we have in the fall on clear days. The colours are really that vibrant.

Really great shots of the statue!

I didn't think anyone was still using compact flash cards. which is why they are hard to find and expensive. Even in Manhattan.

B & H photo on 34th and Ninth is the mecca for finding anything unusual and the shopping experience there is unique with merchandise zooming around the store on the elevated power conveyor system. Not open Friday night and all day Saturday.

I think the higher end Canon's use the CF. My previous camera was the 20D which also used the CF & now I have the 7D. Both of my daughters have a 4Ti and a 60D and they both use the SD card which everyone had for sale.

If you look to the right of this picture you can just make out the Brooklyn tower of the Brooklyn Bridge. The bridge at the center of the photo is the Manhattan Bridge and the unseen bridge just out of site to the left is the Williamsburg Bridge, the three lower Manhattan bridges connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Any of these bridges are impressive when looking at them from street level. They are all at least a century old and feed traffic right into local streets, built way before highways and, in the case of the Brooklyn Bridge, before the automobile was even invented.

And they are huge and high. I have an elderly wealthy client who lives in one of the apartment towers next to the Manhattan Bridge and when I go to see her for my summer visit we always sit on her terrace and watch the cars, trucks and BMT subway trains on the bridge roadway at our eye level. Impressive.

I also have lots of shots from the harbor tour of the piers and closeups of the bridges, just wasn't sure if everyone would be interested in seeing them. The architecture is impressive!

This is easily one of the best photo essays I have ever seen on cruise critic or anywhere. I now remember you from the night of the Halloween party, a couple darting around the dance floor taking lots of quick shots, while DW and I held our staked out position next to the dance floor.

Yep, that would be me! I have a lot more pictures that I didn't post... you're probably in one of them if you were down on the dance floor. We sat at the back of the dance floor to the right hand side as you come in.

Lovely review. I'm using it to convince my sister that we need to go on one. Thank you for taking the time to put it together.

Thanks for the compliment! Hopefully you can talk your sister in to taking this trip. You will both LOVE it. The pictures do not do justice to actually seeing it in person. You cannot comprehend the vastness of the landscape and the colors of the foliage and the history and the architecture and the churches and the lighthouses... and on and on!

Wow! What a comprehensive review. I just spent a couple hours reading it. Your photography is wonderful. You planned your trip really well and timed it for the fall colours.

Because of all that you had a memorable trip.

I often answer questions about Sydney, Halifax, Charlottetown and Quebec and will be referring to this from now on.

Someone commented on the deep blue sky in some photos. That is what we have in the fall on clear days. The colours are really that vibrant.

Thanks Maryann!

I read HUNDREDS of your posts answering questions in the Canada forum as I was planning my trip. I believe we used several of your driving itineraries you had posted. I was so happy that we were able to see Peggy's Cove as well as Lunenberg and Mahone Bay.

We were really afraid that we would miss the foliage since we took the last ship of the season for RCL but it worked out for us.

Thanks for your kind words about my review and my amatuer picture taking skills, that means a lot coming from you!

Edited by ace1zoe2

Wow Cindy!!! Super job!! You are super organized which certainly helped you to see all these beautiful sights in the short time you were in port! Your pictures were absolutely amazing...this fall was one of the most vibrant color seasons we have ever had in MI..looks like that was true for the East Coast too. You had so many details in this report...you will help so many people that you have inspired to book this itinerary!

I hope Charlie's sister is off the vent and doing better...my prayers go out to all of you!

Thanks again for a great review....Hopefully we will meet up on another cruise some day!

Lauri

This was absolutely wonderful. We are going on the Explorer this fall and your review has been tremendously helpful to us in making our plans. The itinerary is very similar and I am so excited. Thank you so much for taking the time to do it!

Wow Cindy!!! Super job!! You are super organized which certainly helped you to see all these beautiful sights in the short time you were in port! Your pictures were absolutely amazing...this fall was one of the most vibrant color seasons we have ever had in MI..looks like that was true for the East Coast too. You had so many details in this report...you will help so many people that you have inspired to book this itinerary!

I hope Charlie's sister is off the vent and doing better...my prayers go out to all of you!

Thanks again for a great review....Hopefully we will meet up on another cruise some day!

Lauri

Thanks Laurie. Charlie's sister has been in & out of the hospital a couple if times since we got back & is currently in ICU again so the prayers are definitely appreciated. Thanks for the implements in the review. I'm going to attempt to do one for our 14 day Alaska trip in June. Would live to hear about your trip to San Juan with your daughter when you get back.

This was absolutely wonderful. We are going on the Explorer this fall and your review has been tremendously helpful to us in making our plans. The itinerary is very similar and I am so excited. Thank you so much for taking the time to do it!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really hope that people will find information they can use to help plan their trips. I hope you have a fabulous time this fall on your trip! Happy sails.

your NYC pictures were great. I was there in Oct as well before my cruise to Bermuta before Sandy. The site bring back memortes

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate you taking time to read my review & take a look at my pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you so much for this! Loved all your pictures. We are doing the Canadian/New England this coming Oct. We have already booked Roy Flowers and have another couple joining us from our roll call. We are going to try and get one more couple. I so can't wait after seeing your pictures.

We are going to Peggy's Cove too and seeing your pictures I believe it will be well worth it.

Thank you again!!

Thank you so much for this! Loved all your pictures. We are doing the Canadian/New England this coming Oct. We have already booked Roy Flowers and have another couple joining us from our roll call. We are going to try and get one more couple. I so can't wait after seeing your pictures.

We are going to Peggy's Cove too and seeing your pictures I believe it will be well worth it.

Thank you again!!

Thanks for reading my review! You will LOVE your trip. It is beautiful.

Thank for spending the time to post your review. It has definitely inspired me! I have wanted to visit PEI since reading Anne of Green Gables many years ago.

Thanks, Ruth

Thanks Ruth! Glad that I could inspire you. PEI was beautiful. I hope to get back there some day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...