Paid for 7 Nights, but Sailed for 8 nights

SDcruiser66

I would be fairly certain that they go by the official paid days.

Would it be okay if they did not credit you for a cruise that you had paid for but where unable to sail at the last minute?

Glad you had fun with your bonus day! :)

I was just wondering if Carnival will give us the true number of nights sailed for our VIFP. Trying to get to Diamond status however necessary. Anybody have any guesses. It was a wonderful 8 nights!!

If your cruise was 7 nights and there was a delay returning where you stayed on board an extra night then YES you will get credit for that extra night.

Example .. The cruise that was just delayed on Splendor where they returned Monday instead of Sunday. All the cruisers will get that extra day credited to their VIFP count.

The same holds true for the cruisers who were suppose to board on Sunday but did not board until Monday. They will still get credit for the missing night.

This is all found in the VIFP FAQ's

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197306

If a cruise is cut short or extended for reasons out of the guests control, how many points will the guests earn since we are basing it on the actual number of days sailed?

As a gesture of goodwill we will never decrease the number of cruise days earned as a result of extenuated circumstances. In cases were an additional day is added we will increase the number of cruise days.

We booked a 5 day cruise back in 2009 when the swine flu scare started and they closed the ports to Mexico. Carnival extended our 5 day to 7 and went to Jamaica and Grand Cayman for the same money, and it does show credit for 7 on my VIFP although we only booked for 5. Hope this helps.

I was just wondering if Carnival will give us the true number of nights sailed for our VIFP. Trying to get to Diamond status however necessary. Anybody have any guesses. It was a wonderful 8 nights!!

Yes, they will!! :D I was on an 8 day cruise that lasted 9 days (because of a Medical Emergency) and I recently filled out the missing points/cruises form (although I forget what it's really called) and Carnival's website and explained the situation (sent them the ship, sail date, and explanation) and they did credit me with an extra point!! :D Just send them your info and you'll hear back from them in a day or so.

As a gesture of goodwill we will never decrease the number of cruise days earned as a result of extenuated circumstances. In cases were an additional day is added we will increase the number of cruise days.

I hope this isn't on their company site. "Were"?

Ummm I believe I provided the link to where this is stated in my OP.

It is in the FAQ's on the VIFP section.

This is all found in the VIFP FAQ's

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197306

Quote:

If a cruise is cut short or extended for reasons out of the guests control, how many points will the guests earn since we are basing it on the actual number of days sailed?

Don't mean to hi-jack your thread just wondering if credit is ever given on the 1st cruise with CCL?

Your cruise history should reflect the correct number of days sailed on Carnival. They changed the loyalty program from number of cruises to number of days sailed. 25 days will get you to Gold level and free drinks at their party. Second cruise you will get a coupon for free drink (up to $9).

paid for 7 get credit for 7

We just got off the Splendor which was a 7 day cruise extended to 8 days due to a maintenance issue.

I had asked before we left the ship and they said..."If you are on the ship for 8 days, days at sea means you get 8 days, period."

It is listed as 8 days on my account at Carnival, so the answer is 8, not 7.

Almost everyone on here is so helpful. For some reason there are always a bitter couple of responses. Of course we were extremely grateful for not only an extended cruise, but also for a safe return. The staff on the Splendor did an excellent job under such difficult circumstances. Not everyone was thrilled with the extra day. It was also very unfortunate for the people that were planning on leaving this past Sunday and then were cut short by a day. I was only asking because it seemed that Carnival would want your VIFP night total to be accurate.

Thanks again for finding the answer to my silly questions. :)

They gave us credit for 8. I was on Splendor last week. I just checked my VIFP points and they gave 8.

So to everyone saying otherwise about paying, etc.....:p

Archived