heritage wharf in bermuda

crabbyjack

NCL really needs to CHECK IN and let people know whats going on here

They can't tell you what they don't know. The government hasn't said exactly when Heritage Wharf will be ready to use, other than promising it will be open in time for the Breakaway's arrival on May 15. It could be ready earlier. In any event you're still going to be in Bermuda, whether you dock or tender. We've had to tender into many ports over the years. It's an inconvenience but shouldn't be something that will ruin your vacation.

Definitely won't ruin our vacation.

I think the local economy will feel a little of the difference for a couple weeks. I have a feeling people won't be tendering in as often as they're used to simply walking on and off the ship.

We probably won't get off at all until we talk to other passengers and see how it went. All the years we've been cruising to Bermuda I never experienced tenders.

I don't think it went over too well when they were doing it into St George after the ships stopped docking there.

Didn't they only try it one or two seasons?

Can anyone shed positive experiences with tendering? Mainly... Is it easy to get back or do you have to wait in long lines? Just the thought of it makes me prefer my balcony, a book and a glass of wine. Nice sounds.

It's still going to be a great vacation!

Where is the new mini golf??

The mini-golf entrance is through the tunnel in the wall around Snorkle Park. I emailed the office and they said you go through the tunnel and then choose either Snorkle Park or FunGolf. They are a separate company and you do not have to pay the $5 to get into Snorkle Park in order to get to the mini-golf. Adults are $15 and children are $12. The course sounds really pretty. They have a website. It is listed under FunGolf in Bermuda.

Yesterday the first two Sailings of the Dawn were to anchor In Grassy Bay and now according to the Marine and Ports site today they are to dock at Heritage Wharf! Somebody must know something on the Island!!! Leekel619 tipped this off!

Thank you so much. Yes, it certainly does say we are expected to dock. That would be easier because we like to get back onboard to eat, but a tender would be okay with us too. We have had a bad year medically and need a break!

Yesterday the first two Sailings of the Dawn were to anchor In Grassy Bay and now according to the Marine and Ports site today they are to dock at Heritage Wharf! Somebody must know something on the Island!!! Leekel619 tipped this off!

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here. If what you read is true why hasn't there been a confirming announcement from anyone in power to know these things. I would expect an announcement from the Transportation Minister or such saying that ...great progress has been made at Heritage Wharf that the Dawn will be able to dock there even though work for the Breakaway won't be completed on 5/14....

It could be some drone at the Maritime Operations office just copying from the cruise ship schedule.

I do hope I'm wrong, and some confirming announcement is made in the RG on Monday.

SBtS

SBtS,

It wouldn't be the first time incorrect information was given by someone supposedly in the know.;) At this time, it's probably more of a wait and see.

Unless someone is just considering a cruise to Bermuda and they are totally against tendering, it will be what it is, docking or tendering for the others.

The Bermuda Port cam will become invaluable. They sure don't seem to be in a hurry as the weekends are quiet at the port. Seems like all this past week it's been pretty quiet. One would think that with no ships docked they would have been full speed ahead. I guess if it looks like rain there is no work!.

Anyway I remain optimistic.

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here. If what you read is true why hasn't there been a confirming announcement from anyone in power to know these things. I would expect an announcement from the Transportation Minister or such saying that ...great progress has been made at Heritage Wharf that the Dawn will be able to dock there even though work for the Breakaway won't be completed on 5/14....

It could be some drone at the Maritime Operations office just copying from the cruise ship schedule.

I do hope I'm wrong, and some confirming announcement is made in the RG on Monday.

SBtS

That's my thoughts as well. The thing is it quickly changed in less than 12 hours. The drone typed Grassy Bay and the next day changed it to Heritage Wharf. I'm glad I screen shot it so I didn't think I was seeing things.

If you are on facebook, the port cam has a page. I just noticed and 'liked' it. GREAT pictures and lots of information.

I never noticed the port cam rotates. Usually when I look at it, its been still...right on the dock work. I love it so much more now!

I can't believe I'll have to check this camera all season! Looking forward to seeing the Breakaway there. Its going to be so much more fun than simply checking the bowcam of the Dawn. Do that too...

Oh, and I feel like yelling NO WAY on the notion of docking there a week from today...

Latest press release from Government tonight says "Passenger management plans are progressing well and signs and materials are on order so that we can have these systems in place for the arrival of the Norwegian Breakaway also."

Government press releases are like lawyer talk - hurts my head. Anyway, the whole thing

http://www.bermudasun.bm/Content/NEWS/News/Article/Minister-details-ups-and-downs-of-wharf-project/24/270/65913

Any concrete news from the cruisers that are leaving on Friday? I would think that NCL would give a heads up to the passengers if they will be docking or tendering. They can't really say that they are unsure if they will be docking or tendering at this point. It is a couple of days away. They will either be ready or they won't...

I know this is coming from a disgruntled taxi driver, but this doesn't sound great....

"Mr Tucker concluded: “Whether the dock is ready or not, when we had two mega ships it was a mess then and it will be a mess now. And I doubt very much that passengers will have anything positive to say about their visit, especially the ones that have to be tendered. “We've known for two years that Breakaway was coming here on an inaugural cruise and we're not ready. The former Government lost the election but those civil servants responsible need to be held accountable for what has not taken place over the last two years.”

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20130501/NEWS04/130509999

Any concrete news from the cruisers that are leaving on Friday? I would think that NCL would give a heads up to the passengers if they will be docking or tendering. They can't really say that they are unsure if they will be docking or tendering at this point. It is a couple of days away. They will either be ready or they won't...

Our cruise arrives on 5/5, and we haven't been notified about docking/tendering. I am hoping that we'll at least dock at King's Wharf for the day on Sunday, because RCCL's ship doesn't dock there til Monday morning. I don't expect to hear anything from NCL before we embark. Is that something they'd usually do ?

Our cruise arrives on 5/5, and we haven't been notified about docking/tendering. I am hoping that we'll at least dock at King's Wharf for the day on Sunday, because RCCL's ship doesn't dock there til Monday morning. I don't expect to hear anything from NCL before we embark. Is that something they'd usually do ?

It's likely NCL will not say anything until you're on the ship. My guess is that you'll get a letter stating how the docking/tendering arrangements will be handled. I think it's likely you'll dock at Kings Wharf for the day when it's not being used by another ship, but for the remainder of the stay the ship will anchor nearby and tender passengers ashore.

Archived