How to cruise like a king or queen

ladylemondrop

I wonder if i could set up a water feature on my balcony?;)

OMG! I recently bought a case of solar fountain pumps for a project. I could seriously set up a nice fountain on the balcony. I used to be a geologist, I've had to sheepishly nod when asked, 'What've you got in here, rocks?' before. =P

I love this idea. My DW and I are going on Mariner and depart March 31st on what would be a rather ordinary cruise. We are sailing with my brother and his wife. I would like to do a couple of things REALLY special for the two ladies, especially my DW!

Now I need some suggestions from you Queens or Kings out there. My DW is a wine aficionado. We are allowed two bottles of wine. I'm thinking about two REALLY good bottles. I mean GOOD ones for my wife as a surprise! She will feel like a queen!!

The bathroom ammenities sound good to. Now here is where I need help. What are the VERY best ones??? I will have to order these on line and have time to get them in before the cruise. Please give me some suggestions.

I would love to have some music for us to enjoy without headphones. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

We are both alergic to flowers, so that isn't an option.

Now I'm thinking that maybe a battery operated candle or two...or three.

What else can I do to make this 7 night cruise special. She works VERY hard and waits on me hand and foot. Yes, I'm spoiled!! I want to spoil her some for these 7 days.

I am excited to see what you all can suggest to make this memorable and make my sweet wife feel like the Queen that she truly is!!!! :D

Wow, lots of romantic hubbys here! I like!! Well, i am british, but i loved the Bvlgari toiletries we had when we were lucky enough to be in a suite, at home i also use Molton Brown, but not sure if these available easily to you online.

Music - bring a small ipod and docking station.

Wine - yes, bring the good stuff, but perhaps consider the Reidel wine glass seminar, teaching you (with tasting) about the right glass for your wine, we went along sceptical but loved it!

Some small special chocolates maybe, or a new scarf to wear or something pretty she would like, presented to her in your cabin - perhaps package up a little basket of goodies!

Now, where is MY hubby so I can bend his ear.....?!!!:D

Pick up the Molton Brown at the airport on the way out (providing you are not transitting at a second airport) I think most UK duty frees have them but you might want to check the situation for your one

Pick up the Molton Brown at the airport on the way out (providing you are not transitting at a second airport) I think most UK duty frees have them but you might want to check the situation for your one

I meant to say...amenities!!! :o

We drive to Galveston to depart. I will look into Molton Brown also L'Occitane that Regent offers in their best suite. Which would you pampered Queens like the very BEST????

OMG! I recently bought a case of solar fountain pumps for a project. I could seriously set up a nice fountain on the balcony. I used to be a geologist, I've had to sheepishly nod when asked, 'What've you got in here, rocks?' before. =P

Oh I love this - so funny, tears in my eyes. Just imagining husband's face if I pulled a water feature out of the suitcase. My teenagers would jump over board ! I did think of taking some battery candles for the veranda though. You can get colour changing ones from Marks & Spencer (UK High Street chain).

I meant to say...amenities!!! :o

We drive to Galveston to depart. I will look into Molton Brown also L'Occitane that Regent offers in their best suite. Which would you pampered Queens like the very BEST????

I personally like Molton Brown AND you can buy different colours so you could match the colour scheme in your cabin !!!

Here's our "secret":

Starting at the pier, and everywhere on the ship, treat every member of the crew with courtesy. Show a genuine interest in learning their name, and how to pronounce it correctly. Make it clear that you are truly interested in them. Say "please", "thank you", and "if you have a moment".

Believe me, "the royal treatment" has never failed to follow.

Harris

Denver, CO

Super idea!

Thanks

Concierge class this year is my special pamper treat but usually I have the small flower arrangement in the cabin, champers and my favourite cruise music on the I pod player - before I travel its the full MOT at the salon for hair, nails etc etc and then the cruise itself is just a full and total pamper from not having to cook or make beds and being served so beautifully by such lovely waiters.

We start from home by taxi and then in the private lounge at the airport to start off the holiday in style.

We really feel like royalty for the entire holiday which is why the cruise is such a great choice. A floating 5 star hotel, each morning to a different island, a travelling holiday without the hassle of touring.

I could go on and on and on - great fun thread - thank you - I can't wait now for march 15th.

Here's our "secret":

Starting at the pier, and everywhere on the ship, treat every member of the crew with courtesy. Show a genuine interest in learning their name, and how to pronounce it correctly. Make it clear that you are truly interested in them. Say "please", "thank you", and "if you have a moment".

Not only has this allowed us to learn a lot about interesting people with tremendously varied stories; but alas, so many passengers treat the crew members like either serfs or robots, that they will really go out of their way to provide the extra friendly service for those who appreciate what they do.

Mind you this has nothing to do with tipping. That isn't the point. This is that the ships tend to be staffed with crew that strive to provide top notch service, and like each of us; put their best on display when they know it's valued.

Believe me, "the royal treatment" has never failed to follow.

Harris

Denver, CO

Harris -

You stole my secret!!! :D

Wise words to live by EVERYDAY!!!

Joe

Great link!! Thanks so much!! I ordered the Bvlgari travel set last night and also the six pack of Bvlgari soaps. Also a bottle of perfume made by Waterford that my DW loved!! Will purchase two HIGH end bottles of Merlot. So far so good to make my DW Queen for a week!!!!

I love this thread. It is so nice to come across like minded people. I always take my silk robe - an absolute must for me. I must get some light pretty slippers to take with me. I treat us to some nice toiletries - L'Occitane and Clarins are my favourite brands. I like my nails to look nice so have shellac polish on nails and toes so it lasts an entire cruise without chipping and looks so good all the time. At Holiday times and halloween etc we always decorate our stateroom and door.

I love the extra pampering ideas like the hair and face mask. as as it is our 40th weedding anniv. cruise in September I will have to make sure MDH reads some of these posts.

Angie :D

I love buying a few new dress shirts and ties before each cruise, something fresh for formal nights. It makes formal nights more special.

I also enjoy loading up my iPad with new travel and food/wine magazine subscriptions, just to enhance the feeling of the luxury of cruise travel.

Archived