Wonderful Copenhagen

Some friends are interested in a taxi from Legend of the Sea at the new Cruise Terminal C330 to the Copenhagen Airport on 17 May (Saturday) to avoid any other transportation issues.

Is it necessary to reserve a taxi in advance? Do you recommend any taxi companies and have their email address?

Thanks,

Bill

If you take Amager-Øbro, Dantaxi or one of the other doesn't matter at all because the service and the price is the same.

I don't think its necessary to book in advance but if you want to I can give you the contact information when I'm on my computer.

Usually there should be plenty of taxi's because the drivers knows that cruiseships means big business.

No not really, the only centrally located stations are Nørreport, Kongens Nytorv and also Christianshavn if you have business on the other side of the harbour.

The metro is good when going from the airport or Ørestad (where Crowne Plaza is located) into the downtown area and onto Frederiksberg on the other site of town.

But when the City Circle Line opens in 2018/19 then both the central station, Town Hall Square, Gammel Strand, Kongens Nytorv, Marble Church and Østerport will be served by the metro

Hi Danish Viking. I apologize up front if this is repetitive question...

We will arrive at C330 Oceankaj on Monday, May 12th on Royal Princess. We will need to get to the Marriott. Is Bus 26 the best way for us to get there? Or should we transfer to a metro or harbor bus?

Also, we will be staying 3 nights/3 days in Copenhagen with a very early am flight out on Thursday, May 15th. But only the first night is at the Marriott. The other two nights will be at the CPH Hilton. All 3 of our nights are free on points - that's why the moving around. Anyway, we know we will make at least 3 trips between the city and the Hilton. So are we best off buying 72-hr transportation passes? Can we buy a 72-hr. pass at the UNICEF bus stop?

Finally, we like to spend time in cities we visit walking the streets, hanging in cafes, going to markets, and spending time with local residents. We like to get the "real" feel of the city (but safely), and not spend a lot of money, so not big on spending time in museums or castles. We are in our 50's, but look younger, and the way we dress, we definitely do not look like tourists. We never take taxis, unless there are no other options. What suggestions do you have for our 3 days and 3 nights in Copenhagen?

Thanks for your help.

I don´t think its possible to purchase the citypass at the bus but the singlke ticket only costs 24 DKK.

But maybe it will be possible to buy in the cruise terminal?

The bus departs 15 and 55 past the hour.

Take the bus and get off at Rådhuspladsen, from here you have to walk a few minutes to another bus stop were bus 9A towards the opera will get you close to the hotel at the bus stop called Mitchellsgade.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rden,+Tivoli,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=R%C3%A5dhuspladsen+(K%C3%B8benhavn)+%4055.675485,12.566861&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.674036,12.565772&sspn=0.003939,0.009645&geocode=FTZ_UQMdyMC_ACn7y4RnDVNSRjFLTyaNi5b7UQ%3BFV2KUQMdTcG_AA&oq=hovedbaneg%C3%A5rde&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=17

For dinner one of the evenings I would suggest a restaurant at Gråbrødre Torv, perhaps Bøf & Ost.

http://www.boef-ost.dk/english

The cocktail bar at Hotel D´Angleterre is highly praised and so is the Cocktail/skybarbar at the top of one of the towers in the Bella Sky Hotel.

If you like italian food then try Era Ora.

http://www.era-ora.dk/

If you have heard about nordic dining and food and can´t afford to dine at Noma or one of the other Michelin restaurants then you can visit Torvehallerne where you can get a sample of what danish cousine means.

http://torvehallernekbh.dk/

I don´t know why I only talk about food now but please try Smørrebrød.

Ida Davidsen

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/top-10-traditional-danish-lunch

If I should suggest anything else than nordic cousine and no Museums or castles then I will suggest that you visit The Blue Planet Aquarium.

http://www.denblaaplanet.dk/en/

Tivoli is always a nice trip but if you wan´t to try something else why not the worlds oldest amusementpark Bakken some 10 kilometres north of Copenhagen in the Klampenborg Deer Park.

The entrance is free and you can take a horse carriage ride from Klampenborg station and up to the park.

http://www.bakken.dk/english

The City Pass doesn´t cover this area but just buy a 2 zone ticket (24 DKK) an the trip will be covered.

Hello Danish Viking,

You are providing a wonderful service to all of us 1st time visitors to Denmark so thanks in advance for all your efforts.

We are arriving in Copenhagen for the day on Brilliance of the Seas on May 16th. At this point, I don't even know where the ship docks - does Royal Caribbean always dock in the same port and do you know which one that is?

We are trying to meet up to spend the day with some Canadian friends who will be staying about 90 min outside the city after their earlier cruise.

Their thoughts on getting together.....

"I imagine we would drive in to a Metro station on the outskirts and then take the subway to the cruise terminal where we could connect with you."

So we are trying to figure out a place to meet them that will be relatively easy for both of us to find and to find each other and that can be arranged in advance as I doubt either of us will have phones that work in Denmark.

Is there an actual cruise terminal that non-cruisers would be allowed in? Or perhaps, is the metro station close enough for us to walk & meet them there? Would a nearby cafe be better?

We would appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Thanks so much for all your help.icon7.gif

Paula & Chuck

The Brilliance will be docked at C190 Langeliniekaj.

Most commuter trains coming from the rest of Sjælland and southern Sweden stops at the nearby Østerport station and so does all the S-trains (except the circle line).

It will be a metro station sometimes in 2018 :D

What is the name of the town they are staying in?

If I know in what direction they will come from i can suggest a S-train or commuter train station they can park at.

There is only some shops, a kiosk, a sandwich place and a place to buy icecream so no restaurants bars or proper cruise terminal.

http://langelinie-outlet.dk/butikker/

The Brilliance will be docked at C190 Langeliniekaj.

Most commuter trains coming from the rest of Sjælland and southern Sweden stops at the nearby Østerport station and so does all the S-trains (except the circle line).

What is the name of the town they are staying in?

If I know in what direction they will come from i can suggest a S-train or commuter train station they can park at.

There is only some shops, a kiosk, a sandwich place and a place to buy icecream so no restaurants bars or proper cruise terminal.

Thanks for your quick response. They will be staying in Zelandia, Denmark.

I think that Zelandia is the latin name for Sjælland (zealand in England) and Sjælland is the Island where Copenhagen is located.

So you have to be more precise :D

Hmmm, just goes to show you how litttle we know about your country.

Can you Google: Dancenter 38655 - this is the vacation rental by owner site they have rented for the week and includes a map.

Thanks again.

Paula

Danish Viking

Thanks for all of this great information. I have searched on this board to see if you may have already answered this so I apologize if that is the case but I was wondering if it is possible to walk between the Marriott hotel and some of the major attractions including Tivoli and Nyhayn? Per your advice we will also be getting a Copenhagen card, so if it is better to use public transportation can you advise which buses?

We will be arriving on 16 May which I understand is a holiday of prayer. How will that affect the bus schedule from pier C190? Also what points of interest will be closed and what about stores? Please give us directions from the ship as we are planning on following a walking tour that starts at Tivoli gardens.

Thank you for answering so many questions. Linda

Can you Google: Dancenter 38655 - this is the vacation rental by owner site they have rented for the week and includes a map.

Thanks again.

Paula

Now I know where it is, :D the rental house looks wonderful.

My best best if they wan´t to avoid paying parking fee´s is to take the car to Høje Taastrup and then take a train to Østerport.

The departures for Østerport is 00, 15, 24, 36, 45, 48 and 57 past the hour (I looked at departures between 09:00 and 10:00)

The travel times is between 25 and 27 minutes

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Helles+Klint,+4400+Kalundborg&daddr=H%C3%B8je+Taastrup+st,+Taastrup&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.73291,10.914745&sspn=0.062922,0.154324&geocode=FdhqUgMdj4umACmx6VTaTKdNRjEE9nIheCCX4A%3BFW0hUQMd_zS7ACEzWruuSXUfRSkvVzm2CVlSRjEzWruuSXUfRQ&oq=h%C3%B8je+taastrup&t=h&mra=ls&z=9

From Østerport they can either walk or take bus 26 to Langelinie pier.

The bus departs at 19, 39 and 59 past the hour and the trip takes 3-4 minutes.

It will take them around 15 minutes to walk.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=%C3%98sterport+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Langeliniekaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.695943,12.595022&sspn=0.007873,0.01929&geocode=FdPQUQMdVxjAACFTBZ7usitaWyndd6q64VJSRjFTBZ7usitaWw%3BFfzjUQMd2kTAACl9mmQI3VJSRjGv7H9BeLTnBA&oq=langelinie&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=16

The total trip is costing 72 DKK for a single 6 zone ticket, and that is oneway.

If they are two people they can buy a 2 zone klippekort that costs 150 DKK

The klippekort has 10 stamps, they just stamp it 5 time each way and also buy a 24 DKK 2 zone ticket each way.

So instead of 288 DKK they now just pay 198 DKK.

Danish Viking

Thanks for all of this great information. I have searched on this board to see if you may have already answered this so I apologize if that is the case but I was wondering if it is possible to walk between the Marriott hotel and some of the major attractions including Tivoli and Nyhayn? Per your advice we will also be getting a Copenhagen card, so if it is better to use public transportation can you advise which buses?

Its possible to walk to Nyhavn from Marriott in 20 minutes

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Copenhagen+Marriott+Hotel,+Kalvebod+Brygge,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Nyhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.674051,12.583079&spn=0.015754,0.038581&sll=55.674982,12.580338&sspn=0.015754,0.038581&geocode=FYlxUQMdVdy_ACG4dC_hcp1J3CnxybSfbFNSRjG4dC_hcp1J3A%3BFemYUQMdvCLAACE4vU4Eke_lQinDyPvXPFNSRjE4vU4Eke_lQg&oq=nyhavn&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=15

Or else you can take bus 9A from Mitchellsgade towards Operaen and get of at Christianshavn station, from here you take the metro towards Vanløse.

The next stop on the line is Kongens Nytorv that is located next to Nyhavn.

As you can see on the map then Tivoli is located very close to Marriott.

We will be arriving on 16 May which I understand is a holiday of prayer. How will that affect the bus schedule from pier C190? Also what points of interest will be closed and what about stores? Please give us directions from the ship as we are planning on following a walking tour that starts at Tivoli gardens.

Thank you for answering so many questions. Linda

The only difference is that you have to walk to the Indiakaj bus stop at the end of the pier

The bus departs at 10, 30 an 50 past the hour.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002620000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&journey_gid=9025200000010008#navigate

THe bus stops just outside Tivoli at the Rådhuspladsen bus stop.

Thanks again.

Paula

As Buckeye 6 noticed then may 16th is a public holiday so bus 26 goes at another schedule.

Look at the søn og Helligdag (Sonday and public holiday) timetable.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002610000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&journey_gid=9025200000030585#navigate

I have to look closer when I can seach on the date but it looks like the trains only departs from Høje Taastrup at 24, 36, 45, 48 and 54 past the hour.

Hello Mr. Danish Viking,

So much great information that you have provided. My husband and I will be in Copenhagen on Friday, May 23rd. We are finishing our cruise on the Infinity. I have booked a room for one night at the Best Western Hebron. I do have some difficulty walking and wonder if you can suggest the easiest way to get from the ship (C330) to the hotel and also how to get a train or bus to go to Malmo on that day. (We are flying back to Canada on the 24th). Thank you for any information.

Wendy:)

Edited by mexico8
correction

You are in luck because its a Friday to you simplu just take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Hovedbanegården.

Here is the timetable for bus 26 from the UNICEF bus stop next to the cruise terminal.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002620000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&tab_name=Afgange&journey_gid=9025200000048984#navigate

From here there is a 2 minute walk to the hotel

https://maps.google.dk/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=Best+Western+Hotel+Hebron&fb=1&gl=dk&hq=hotel+hebron&cid=17419371573785953936&ei=s5r6Up7APMrQ4QTFsIGwDA&ved=0CJ8BEPwSKAAwCQ

As you can see on the map Then you are in walking distance of the central station (København H)

The train trip to Malmö Central takes 34 minutes and the departures from København H are 12, 32 and 52 past the hour.

A single ticket costs 88 DKK but if you however buy a Øresund Familie ticket that costs 144 DKK for 2 adults (and 3 childrens) you will save some money.

So its 32 DKK saved each way so in total that will save you 64 DKK or 6 cheese burgers from mcdonalds and 4 kroners :-)

Edited by Danish viking

How kind of you to take all the time to give me this information. Much appreciated. I do try and help out on some posts where I have information to help others but nothing to the extent that you do. My computer skills are certainly not in your league. Thank you so much. You will save us time and money.:);)

Wendy