So many people on my last cruise didn't know this happened..

Bran8778

[quote name='LWiening']This is what I find so funny about all of this. There are some of us who get up at 7 and read on the deck and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm.

So if you come out at 10 or 11 when true sun worshipers (or people who actually get into the activities by the pool) Why should our things be moved. We came as a group and want to be a group.

From all of the cruises I have been on there are normally 5-6 people who do get up early. Its seems that a ship is large enought that you can find seats elsewhere. But because some are early risers and want to be with their friends we should be punished because those who get up late expects the world at their feet. Doesn't seem to be right here.

When you are at a beach do people move your stuff because you are off doing something? It just seems that everyone complains about something.

I would suggest to get up early sleep in your chair and enjoy the day. If you want to sleep in then take what you can get,.[/quote]

Someday, may you lose track of time in port and get to wave goodbye to the ship while providing entertainment for the pier runner watchers on the ship..

[quote name='LWiening']You probably are the ones that irritate me ...I don't have the problem just the facts. But then you are probably the ones that cut in line ahead of people at the buffett line cause you don't think you have to wait either.[/quote]

Not at all. I don't feel like I have to be first in getting a chair or getting my breakfast. I also not the one that gets up, places several towels on several chairs for my "group" and then leaves them for more than 40 minutes.

I have never been happier to be one who dislikes the loud and crowded Lido deck. Poeple fighting over seats, kids running around out of control, bartenders harassing you to spend more money every 5 minutes...

I do my part by lessening the traffic. It's all yours.

A-Dog

[quote name='LWiening']You probably are the ones that irritate me ...I don't have the problem just the facts. But then you are probably the ones that cut in line ahead of people at the buffett line cause you don't think you have to wait either.[/quote]

Perhaps you should tell your friends to get their lazy azzzs out of bed?

People just need to be considerate of others. When I'd go up to the lido deck I was usually by myself. If there were a bunch of seats open I'd put my bag on the other so when my husband came out (usually right after me) he'd have somewhere to sit by me. If he wasn't planning on staying there I'd give up that seat to someone else. I tried to sit in a position in the same spot daily so my 9 year old who was at Camp Carnival knew where I was at and could find me. It worked really well. I did move around to allow others to sit by each other. For instance an older couple came out to lounge and there was an empty seat next to me. She sat there and he sat two rows back. I asked him if he would want to sit in my seat and I would move to his so they could be together......I figured if my husband was out there I would want to sit by him. I never held seats for my kids when they were swimming because soon after they would want to change and go somewhere else. Those seats were better utilized by other people. I did see people blocking out large groups for their friends...and I felt bad for people wandering around looking for a few places to sit only to see those seats empty...just rude.

[quote name='LWiening']You probably are the ones that irritate me ...I don't have the problem just the facts. But then you are probably the ones that cut in line ahead of people at the buffett line cause you don't think you have to wait either.[/QUOTE]

Actually LWiening, from [COLOR="Red"]your Logic[/COLOR], [SIZE="5"]you [/SIZE]will be the person who will join the line while other members of your group sit by the pool or sleep, and when you arrive at the head of the line you alert them and [COLOR="Red"]THEY [/COLOR]will [COLOR="red"]CUT IN THE LINE[/COLOR], because the group MUST eat together!!

[quote name='LWiening']You probably are the ones that irritate me ...I don't have the problem just the facts. But then you are probably the ones that cut in line ahead of people at the buffett line cause you don't think you have to wait either.[/QUOTE]

Could you answer my questions in red a few posts above? I would love to hear your thoughts to my questions.

I agree with Rottweiler. You're chastising others for the same things folks in your group seem to be doing. If you're traveling as a group of 10 and only 2 of you get up at 7:00 and sit out, why should 8 chairs be held until the rest of your party crawls out of bed, especially if others are earlier birds than the rest of your group?

[quote name='askimdog']I have never been happier to be one who dislikes the loud and crowded Lido deck. Poeple fighting over seats, kids running around out of control, bartenders harassing you to spend more money every 5 minutes...

I do my part by lessening the traffic. It's all yours.

A-Dog[/quote]

I was never all that interested in Chair Hoggery until this past April on Conquest when I had to search all over to find an unsaved deck chair.
I finally found one and settled in, but it was in a spot that turned out to be incredibly windy.
It blew my book out of my hands and my eye glasses and water bottle across the deck.
I gave up and went back to the cabin and took a nap.

Great response Rottweiler, agree completely with your responses to Wiener's "Group" chair hogging, why should I or other early birders, lets just say half hour later than her, not be able to find seats, when hers are clearly available while her group is busy sleeping in or eating or whatever. I have seen this in theaters and arenas, like swim meets where one or two people save entire rows of seats, for their group that are sleeping in or eating late, and if I arrive slightly later why shouldn't I get that seat!

Glad people are seeing how unreasonable she has been!

OK, real question here. If someone is out with 8 chairs held (lets just say someone would be so inconsiderate) does the 40 minutes rule still apply? Those of you who have seen them putting out the cards, do they put the cards on the ones with someone watching. Also, if someone is saving the 8 chairs, wouldn't they actually have to keep changing their seat to keep from them being taken (now that I'd like to see)?

[quote=Jason'smom;36806991]OK, real question here. If someone is out with 8 chairs held (lets just say someone would be so inconsiderate) does the 40 minutes rule still apply? Those of you who have seen them putting out the cards, do they put the cards on the ones with someone watching. Also, if someone is saving the 8 chairs, wouldn't they actually have to keep changing their seat to keep from them being taken (now that I'd like to see)?[/quote]

if one person is sitting there saving all 8 chairs--- he can just move from chair to chair every 5 minutes.

Carnival people are not confrontational--- its those chairs that will be left alone.

[quote name='serene56']if one person is sitting there saving all 8 chairs--- he can just move from chair to chair every 5 minutes.

Carnival people are not confrontational--- its those chairs that will be left alone.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but if I tried to sit down in an empty seat and someone told me the whole row was saved for them I'd sit down and tell them if they had a problem with it to contact a Carnival employee. Life is too short for nonsense.

30 minutes is probably adequate, although I'd vote for the current 40. I agree enforcement is the problem.

If you plan to be at your chair all day and you get up once to do something relatively brief, I don't think you should have to give up your spot. For example, say you've been sitting in your chair for 3 hours. Then you get up, go back to your cabin to get something, use the bathroom, stop on the way back at the buffet to fill a plate to bring to your chair ... should you be able to do that in less than 30 minutes: yes. Is it conceivable that it might take more than 30 minutes: yes. If you were planning to spend the rest of the day in that deck chair, I think it would be unreasonable if you lost the chair in those circumstances just because it took 32 minutes.

Archived