So many people on my last cruise didn't know this happened..

Bran8778

Volume chair-hogging on Glory last week:

DSCF1188-1.jpg

Stack chairs and place towel on top chair.

I have no problem moving stuff that has been there for a long period of time. With the stacked chairs, I would have been "great! two chairs, not just one!"

I cruised the week before you and they were very good on the Dream about enforcing this. I think 20-30 minutes is good. I saw a few people get angry when the staff told them what they were doing. Most understood. I ended up sitting on the deck quite a bit by myself when my husband was off doing whatever he wanted to do. I never saved him a seat unless he planned on sitting there and was off in the cabin or getting food. I would just find an empty one by myself and talk to the people around me. it was nice.

Having been on Dream, 20-30 minutes is too short due to the size of the ship and volume of people using elevators, getting buffet things to bring back, distance to a cabin if something was forgotten. That would make one heck of a rush for someone who truly needed to leave. (I'm not talking about leaving to eat).

Having been on Dream, 20-30 minutes is too short due to the size of the ship and volume of people using elevators, getting buffet things to bring back, distance to a cabin if something was forgotten. That would make one heck of a rush for someone who truly needed to leave. (I'm not talking about leaving to eat).

That's true. It is a big ship. Our room was on the 9th Deck so I took that for granted. If you had to take an elevator to a lower deck to get to your room or hit the buffet at the busy time you would need more. You are right!

This is what I find so funny about all of this. There are some of us who get up at 7 and read on the deck and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm.

So if you come out at 10 or 11 when true sun worshipers (or people who actually get into the activities by the pool) Why should our things be moved. We came as a group and want to be a group.

From all of the cruises I have been on there are normally 5-6 people who do get up early. Its seems that a ship is large enought that you can find seats elsewhere. But because some are early risers and want to be with their friends we should be punished because those who get up late expects the world at their feet. Doesn't seem to be right here.

When you are at a beach do people move your stuff because you are off doing something? It just seems that everyone complains about something.

I would suggest to get up early sleep in your chair and enjoy the day. If you want to sleep in then take what you can get,.

I love seeing this policy enforced. Last year we would arrive early enough to get a chair, it would rain so we would pack up, then when we returned we realized everyone had put towels out and there were no chairs left. So annoying!

I think 40 minutes is fair, and I hope this policy remains enforced as I think it would solve a lot of the problem.

There are some of us who get up at 7 and read on the deck and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm.

. . . and the second mouse gets the cheese. :D

Traveling in a group does not make it OK to hog chairs on a crowded deck when they are not being used.
If someone wants to sit at the pool and you have 6 chairs not being used... you loose them period.

It is a community space...

[quote name='LWiening']This is what I find so funny about all of this. There are some of us who get up at 7 and read on the deck and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm.

So if you come out at 10 or 11 when true sun worshipers (or people who actually get into the activities by the pool) Why should our things be moved. We came as a group and want to be a group.

From all of the cruises I have been on there are normally 5-6 people who do get up early. Its seems that a ship is large enought that you can find seats elsewhere. But because some are early risers and want to be with their friends we should be punished because those who get up late expects the world at their feet. Doesn't seem to be right here.

When you are at a beach do people move your stuff because you are off doing something? It just seems that everyone complains about something.

I would suggest to get up early sleep in your chair and enjoy the day. If you want to sleep in then take what you can get,.[/quote]

[quote name='LWiening']This is what I find so funny about all of this. There are some of us who get up at 7 and read on the deck and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm.

I would suggest to get up early sleep in your chair and enjoy the day. If you want to sleep in then take what you can get,.[/quote]

I can't believe how you justify your selfish actions, you probably save a row of seats in the theater also. If you travel as a group and want to stay as a group, get to where you are going as a group...

[quote name='gklow']I can't believe how you justify your selfish actions, you probably save a row of seats in the theater also. If you travel as a group and want to stay as a group, get to where you are going as a group...[/quote]

So what you are saying is if us as a group go eat after laying out for a bit and plan on coming back to where we were since 7 its Ok for those who don't get up early to take our seats. Seems to me the shelfish people are the ones who want to be treated like Queens and Kings and think the cruise is all about them..Sorry but if there was a way for us to pay and reserve our seats I would in a moment so I would haven't to hear the complaints from the ones who think the whole cruise is just about them...

Get up early sleep in your chair then you wouldn't have the problem. Besides I have more fun of watching the fools complaining cause someone towel is in a chair even when the person who is in the chair is swimming.

There are some of us who get up at 7 and read on the deck and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm.

Why can't the rest of your group get up early and sleep in their chair? They aren't the "early birds". :confused:

[quote name='LWiening']This is what I find so funny about all of this. There are some of us who get up at 7 and read on the deck and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm. [B][COLOR="Red"]Then the non early birds in your group dont get seats. To be consistent with your logic anyway.[/COLOR][/B]

So if you come out at 10 or 11 when true sun worshipers (or people who actually get into the activities by the pool) Why should our things be moved. We came as a group and want to be a group.[B] [COLOR="red"]Then get there at 7 as a group?[/COLOR][/B]

From all of the cruises I have been on there are normally 5-6 people who do get up early. Its seems that a ship is large enought that you can find seats elsewhere. But because some are early risers and want to be with their friends we should be punished because those who get up late expects the world at their feet. Doesn't seem to be right here. [B][COLOR="red"]You are punishing others becuause of your lazy friends. Your lazy friends that you saved seats for dont deserve those chairs according to your logic[/COLOR].[/B]

When you are at a beach do people move your stuff because you are off doing something? It just seems that everyone complains about something. [B][COLOR="red"]The beach is a few thousand times bigger then a cruise ship lido. Crazy comparison.[/COLOR][/B]

I would suggest to get up early sleep in your chair and enjoy the day. If you want to sleep in then take what you can get,. [B][COLOR="red"]Care to apply that logic you your friends who you saved seats for?[/COLOR][/QUOTE][/B]

Comments added in red. Please address them so we can better understand your logic.

Oh FFS!!! YOU ARE the PROBLEM!!!:mad:

[quote name='LWiening']This is what I find so funny about all of this. There are [B]some of us who get up at 7 and [COLOR=red]read [/COLOR]on the deck[/B] and save the chairs for the rest of the group that is coming. Sorry if this seems wrong but I was always taught that the early bird catches the worm.

Do you have to have a seat that overlooks the pool while you are "reading", eating breakfast, eating lunch? The same goes for those in the serenity deck... I can't be in the sun for long so why do people who love to sunbathe hog two places on the serenity area?

Archived