Cruising on the Allure... which floor?

tinatark

We are booking our spring vacation (6 weeks out!)... seasoned Princess cruisers, we are taking the Allure to the W. Caribbean. We will have a balcony, teens in nearby inside cabins (3 cabins altogether). Our choices are a balcony on 12 with the interior rooms directly across the hall or a balcony on 6 with the insides on 7. Not a big deal for us for them to be a floor above/below us.

Experienced Allure cruisers - would you take the cabin on 12 or 6 (both on Port side)? What would be the deciding factor in your choice?

Thank you!

We are booking our spring vacation (6 weeks out!)... seasoned Princess cruisers, we are taking the Allure to the W. Caribbean. We will have a balcony, teens in nearby inside cabins (3 cabins altogether). Our choices are a balcony on 12 with the interior rooms directly across the hall or a balcony on 6 with the insides on 7. Not a big deal for us for them to be a floor above/below us.

Experienced Allure cruisers - would you take the cabin on 12 or 6 (both on Port side)? What would be the deciding factor in your choice?

Thank you!

Either deck is fine. Deck 6 is close to Boardwalk, Promenade, and Central Park. Deck 12 is close to the pool deck.

How old are the teens? If they are under 21 they may need to be closer to you. If it were only 2 cabins you could put one adult in each, but with 3 not sure how you would do that. With that in mind, 12 may be better. We stayed on 12 last year and would do it again.

We stayed on 6 in a balcony. Feedback I have heard from folks is you don't feel as close to the water so high up. But if you want the rooms closeby no big deal. Lower I find more convenient for the boardwalk, promenade, Central Park & dining room.

We will either book adjacent cabins or one adult/teen in balcony, and one adult and teen, teen alone in adjacent inside rooms - both are okay with RC.

Teens are 17, 19, 19. Our boys have cruised in their own cabin since they were 12, so I don't mind them being a floor away from us.

Decisions, decisions!

We were on the Allure in December. I wanted to be in a balcony on deck 8 but the couple we were sailing with were nervous that there would be too much noise because of Central Park and the traffic coming in and out of it. So we ended up on 9. In the end I wish we had of been on 6 because we found ourselves on 5 traveling through the promenade coming and going all of the time.

I would look at the deck plans as deck 5 is the promenade and your cabin may be over a noisy area. In addition if you are in a balcony you may be right above the lifeboats so as you look down that is what you'll see. Deck 12 is a good deck in my opinion because the decks above and below are both cabin decks (no noise areas). Plus I personally enjoy the view from the higher decks. However a good point is made by the convenience of deck 6.

We were on the Allure in December. I wanted to be in a balcony on deck 8 but the couple we were sailing with were nervous that there would be too much noise because of Central Park and the traffic coming in and out of it.

Just the opposite.

The great thing about ocean view balconies on deck 8 by CP is that there are no cabins across the hall, so very little foot traffic coming down the hall.

Also, people prefer to walk through CP rather than down the long corridor, so deck 8 rooms are very quiet. Loved that location on our Oasis cruise.

I have sailed on both Oasis and Allure and both times stayed on deck 12. We loved this deck. No noise from pool deck above either. If you walk all the way aft along the corridor there is a door to an outdoor public balcony. Always quiet and a good place to sit, watch the aquatheatre and wake. They have these balconies aft on deck 11 and 14 too.

Most cruise "advisors" say that Deck 12 on Allure /oasis is best. Personally, we had a GS on deck 14 and loved it, but some feel there is an overhang and or noise problem from pool deck. On deck 12 you avoid that, and IMHO higher deck is better... have fun~

Archived