Turning Platinum day 16 out of 49

croosinjulie2

TAs can achieve ELITE status through the Princess Acadamy and achieving Commodore status by completing and passing 25 courses, they are then required to complete a certain number of courses each year to maintain their status. They do not retain the status if they leave the accredited agency they are working in.

A friend of mine recently completed the study, it was not easy and took him alit of time and research to complete.

I will reach Elite this year by completing cruises, I dont begrudge anyone their Status no matter how they achieved it. I enjoy taking first time cruisers with me when I cruise, I love sharing the experience.

I will turn Elite during a solo cruise I am doing so no way to get it half way through.

if the TA completes any course and has earned elite fair enough but the other poster didnt say that

Platinum is complete 5 cruises or 50 days, Elite is 15 cruises or 150 days

On your next cruise you will be the higher level.

It really is number of points instead of number of cruises. In most cases, 1 cruise will equal 1 point.

However, cruise in a full suite and you get an extra point. Cruise solo in a cabin and you get an extra point.

So, two cruises as a solo in a suite will get you 6 points and thus platinum status on your third Princess cruise.

It's on all of the cruise lines. It drives me nuts. It's nice to have a little higher status so you can board early and get some of the perks like some behind the scenes tours, but some people take it to a whole new level! My favorite was a friend we made on a French Polynesia cruise on Tahitian Princess that had one of the black cards (is that Elite? - I have no clue about the levels). Someone not in our group was making a really big deal about it.

I do find it odd that people think their purchasing something makes them Special. Yeah, if you buy an expedition to the top of Everest, that is an accomplishment. Playing Bingo and going to the HC? Not so much.

Thanks. I just thought it was a status thing, since so many postings on this forum are about being elite, platinum, whatever, and people actually get in an uproar over some of the "non-elites" invading their territory. I get to cruise once a year and spend most of that year saving up for it, and it's disheartening to be looked down upon because of the color of my "card". I would like the free internet however :) to check on my elderly parents at home, and my family in general, without spending a fortune. Anyway, I just never saw so much discussion about card color/status anywhere else but Princess.

I think the word 'elite' was badly chosen by Princess, as it does give the impression that these people are 'better' than other. Since they already had gold and platinum, some other mineral, like diamond would have made more sense and not sounded so, well, elitist.

The only real perk for our Platinum status is the free internet minutes and (sometimes) faster boarding. I'll enjoy the free laundry if we ever get there.

Archived