Live from the pg

Emdee

Hello Chuck,

Roger and I are great thanks, good to read your comments on the boards. I confess to reading many people's threads and find some entertaining!! --can't believe some are so concerned about alcohol.:confused: just wait till they see the beauty of French Polynesia and experience the enjoyment of the

quality of the PG cruise, the worries about what brand of booze available should vanish! There surely is a pretty good selection.

Say Hi to Mary and hope you will be back on the PG soon. I am planning this year, and even optimistic for the repeaters cruise in Sept 2014.

Tess

Hey Chuck and Tess!! We are good, just dreaming of being back in FP from work... :) Tess, how great that you are planning a return trip! Will you stay on the islands at all or just back on the PG? I'm so jealous...it is so hard to get away with young kids, but I do have my eye on the returners trip... :)

For now, I will stalk Emdee's thread... :)

A picture perfect day on mm.

Some erosion of sand but a huge bar has been created to the right of the tender.

No pearls bought but more shell necklaces.

We are invited for sail away today

The last time we sailed from Tahaa DH and myself celebrated our 32 nd anniversary.

Just a fabulous cruise so far.

A picture perfect day on mm.

Some erosion of sand but a huge bar has been created to the right of the tender.

No pearls bought but more shell necklaces.

We are invited for sail away today

The last time we sailed from Tahaa DH and myself celebrated our 32 nd anniversary.

Just a fabulous cruise so far.

Did they replace the pier?

Wendy,

Staff morale is good but its important that tptb realize that they are the backbone of the ship.

Coral is better is some areas but worse in others. I m not a snorkelled. I found to the right of the dock a huge sand bank has formed and the mm lagoon looks somewhat like the Moorea lagoon used to look. Beautiful blues.

Sand was dumped in but the bech was destroyed three months ago.

Chuck, No repairs to dock ....somehow I don't think that it will be repaired. Who cares its paradise anyway.

There's the dock- simply didn't remember it...probably let no one near it if its unsafe as claimed. I did snorkel to Tikis spot. The current coming in from that small opening was quite strong, but the bigger challenge was how shallow the water is. Not right at the spot, but to swim to it. All that light colored water is no more than knee - thigh deep, on 5 foot five me, worse for my 6 foot 6 giant;) We had a v hard time making it out there and avoiding coral. We just kept making for the " darker" (deeper) spots.

Emdee, where did you go? I'm hoping the absence was for your own relaxation and not a snafu in your Internet service...(run out of minutes:p)

Your "Calling All..." thread has been ablaze with news about who is booking or not, and your DD has done a terrific job in your stead!

Anxious to hear about the rest of your trip and to start peppering you with questions about the islands where we haven't been on the repeater cruise itinerary.;) Safe journey home!

Patti, lucky you, have a great cruise!

Family now at airport in Tahiti. Lucky to have lounge and AC

Rained last few days.

Shall do cruise analysis next week.

Hard to post in Moorea as every time the ship moved the mountain cut access.

Miriam

Family now at airport in Tahiti. Lucky to have lounge and AC

Rained last few days.

Shall do cruise analysis next week.

Hard to post in Moorea as every time the ship moved the mountain cut access.

Miriam

Welcome back, and safe travels north. We had Internet challenges in Moorea too, but we were very nearly out of minutes anyway!

Look forward to hearing all about it soon!

Can u tell me which dock isnt rebuilt? I dont think my husband would be able to "wade" in. Are there other ports where would also be difficult to get onto the island? Are the tenders like zodiacs or similar to tenders on RCCL, Celebrity, etc. thanks so much,

Can u tell me which dock isnt rebuilt? I dont think my husband would be able to "wade" in. Are there other ports where would also be difficult to get onto the island? Are the tenders like zodiacs or similar to tenders on RCCL, Celebrity, etc. thanks so much,

Elaine- Ill let Emdee answer about the Motu dock, but I can tell you that they use a beach landing craft and just ride it right up onto the sand bar. Then they drop the front ( bow) down, flush with the sand and everyone walks right onto the sand bar. One might want to wear water sandals or hold ones shoes, but even in sneakers there is little chance you would get very wet, and certainly would not have to do any wading, really more like stepping onto hard packed wet sand which could potentially have a little wave wash over your toes. Unless someone was completely prohibited from getting their feet wet ( surgery or want not) its very accessible and there are staff their to assist in any case.

You don't want to miss the Motu!

Last December you had to wad between the sand bar and the motu. It was about 25' of wading in about 18" of water. It depends on tide as the year before you could walk from the sand bar to the motu without getting in the water.

Remember the PG is all about service, I'm sure if someone could not get across that the crew would carry you,

Yes, it's Motu Mahana they're talking about. Sounds like they're using the tenders that they use on the Bora Bora motu, where similarly you may have to wade.

But the normal tenders are not at all like zodiacs, smaller than other cruise ships perhaps, but of the same type, mostly enclosed.

Archived