Cancelling Princess Air

mariakitty

We are finally taking another cruise after a 4-year hiatus and right now Princess is offering a good deal on airfare, which we are considering. Our cruise is in late August, with final payment due in June. If we purchase a restricted fare and cancel the cruise before final cruise payment is due, do we get a full refund on the air as well? I have read through the Princess documentation and it is unclear to me. Due to my job there is a chance we could go on the cruise a week prior, which we would know before June. While I would like to lock in the low airfares right now, I'm not sure if this is a risk I'm willing to take. :)

Thanks for the help!

After 4 years I feel like such a cruise newbie! Can't wait to get back to the sea.

We are finally taking another cruise after a 4-year hiatus and right now Princess is offering a good deal on airfare, which we are considering. Our cruise is in late August, with final payment due in June. If we purchase a restricted fare and cancel the cruise before final cruise payment is due, do we get a full refund on the air as well? I have read through the Princess documentation and it is unclear to me. Due to my job there is a chance we could go on the cruise a week prior, which we would know before June. While I would like to lock in the low airfares right now, I'm not sure if this is a risk I'm willing to take. :)

Thanks for the help!

After 4 years I feel like such a cruise newbie! Can't wait to get back to the sea.

Restricted fares aren't refundable or changeable.

Restricted fares aren't refundable or changeable.

They are changeable---for a fee.

Per the Princess web site: Allowed. An airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees.

The Princess EZair program details are at http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/eZAir_Information.html

They are changeable---for a fee.

Per the Princess web site: Allowed. An airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees.

The Princess EZair program details are at http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/eZAir_Information.html

And I am guessing the applicable fees would also be the airlines $150 per ticket change fee

I wanted to change rooms on the ship and was told because I had a restricted ticket that making ANY change would cause the ticket to be canceled with total loss of airfare. This was requested before final payment. It's just how the system works. If in doubt get the flexible fair. Personally I'll never tie the two together again. We also were given seats apart on the plane and could not sit together.

Be careful dig for the truth.

framer

Princess has a good description of the two types of EZair on their web site:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/eZAir_Information.html

Flexible is the most liberal. Just as the name implies, Restricted has tighter rules. Once you complete your log in, the Flexible performs exactly as if you have booked directly with the airline.

If you have any questions, call Princess and ask for the air desk.

Flexable Air is fully refundable or changeable up to 45 days pre cruise. Even if you have paid in full for the cruise. If you purchase Platinum insurance, you can cancel the whole thing, cruise and Air (with 45 day restriction on air) and everything is refundable for most any reason.

Flexable Air is fully refundable or changeable up to 45 days pre cruise. Even if you have paid in full for the cruise. If you purchase Platinum insurance, you can cancel the whole thing, cruise and Air (with 45 day restriction on air) and everything is refundable for most any reason.

This is something I asked our Princess adviser about - he said even with the Platinum insurance air fare would not be covered. In reading through the insurance description, I think he is incorrect. Has anybody had experience with the Platinum insurance and cancelling a cruise and flight?

This is something I asked our Princess adviser about - he said even with the Platinum insurance air fare would not be covered. In reading through the insurance description, I think he is incorrect. Has anybody had experience with the Platinum insurance and cancelling a cruise and flight?

I did a little research on this and my understanding is that the change fee is covered, but not the whole airfare. I liked the old Princess Air better, it covered airfare if purchased through Princess.

From an old time cruiser...never book a cruise until you are 99.9% sure you are going on that date on that ship. Why ask for problems?

Because:

o By then airfare can be out of sight

o By then prices may be much higher for a popular cruise

o By then the ship could be sold out

Archived