Junior Suite on the Sensation- not worth the money

allison0523

...IMHO, Carnival is being a little disingenuous by calling these cabins "suites". Unless the room is larger than a standard room, it should be referred to as a balcony cabin and priced as such.

Back in the 90's, the suites on the Verandah deck were called Penthouse Suites (of all things - talk about disingenuous!) Remember, this was before the addition of the balcony cabins to many of these ships, so the mini suites on the Verandah deck, and the Grand Suites on the Upper deck were the only balcony cabins on this class of ship. Made them a bit more valuable.

I am one of the few who love the Verandah deck and these cabins. Perfect location, extremely quiet (only 34 cabins on the entire deck), and easy to get to anywhere else on the ship. One of these was the first cabin we sailed in back in 1992, so maybe it is the fond memories. By the way, we thought the cabin was enormous then.

Kevin C

P.S. Sorry for helping to revive this old thread. I am usually more careful! Oops.

Edited by kmc500

I'm fascinated by the difference in the term "Junior Suite" from ship to ship. That is almost the "suite" we had on the Verandah deck on the Ecstasy in 2012, but I paid $200 more for the Grand Suite during the upsell fairy call.

However, we have the Junior Suite on the Miracle for July and it's an entirely different layout/location. I've heard pros and cons about this particular room, but it's the cheapest option included in the Suite category. I'm Platinum, so early/priority on/off ain't a biggie (hell, I like to wait til the last minute to debark!!), but purchasing FTTF would've solved priority on/off and saved more money.

I want a tub in Alaska. It's both our birthdays that week and I (reluctantly) agreed to a little more luxury.

The point is, I guess, one class's definition of Junior Suite is vastly different than another. I've seen video tours of the JS on the Miracle...definitely different layout than on the other(s).

The point is, I guess, one class's definition of Junior Suite is vastly different than another. I've seen video tours of the JS on the Miracle...definitely different layout than on the other(s).

Each class of ship is completely different for the term "junior" versus "grand".

The Fantasy class is completely different from the rest of the classes.

• 3 years later...
Most cruise lines have self disembarkation . This means you get off at first but have to carry your own bags ashore.

Well Since you never been on a Carnival Cruise,or in my opinion,Never will...Why would you respond on A Carnival Board to a Thread, about a Carnival Junior Suite on a Carnival Ship...

Are we trying to boost out Post Numbers???:rolleyes:

Just interested in a Debate....Oh and Thanks for Having my post pulled at our last go around!!

Mike

Mpdog42

Edited by mpdog42
Addition